• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Possible Kojima Productions Reveal in Three Days?

Azrael

So the Iga PS360 Castlevania has been canned and Lord of Shadows has been rebranded a Castlevania game. Since I have even less faith in Iga than the LoS developers to make a good 3D Castlevania, I guess that's a good thing.

Sansana

Neo Member
00000010.png

shagg_187 said:
EDIT: WTF is gamepress

Press site. They're taking their info straight from Voltage PR, so in 99,9% it is the real deal.

To sum it, the KojiPro projects are:

1. Metal Gear Solid: Rising (PS3, Xbox 360, PC)
2. Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker (PSP)
3. Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3, Xbox 360)

Cerberus

So is Lords of Shadow a collaboration between Kojima Productions and MercurySteam or has Koji Pro competely taken over the project now?

Nervous Hamster said:
Press site. They're taking their info straight from Voltage PR, so in 99,9% it is the real deal.

One hell of a lineup.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
Cerberus said:
So is Lords of Shadow a collaboration between Kojima Productions and MercurySteam or has Koji Pro competely taken over the project now?
A guy in the other thread said his friend was working on it and KojiPro weren't "that involved" in it.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
God's Beard said:
Could Raiden turn invisible in MGS4 like Gray Fox could? I want MGSR to be like playing the ninja in VR missions.

I don't specifically remember a scene where he did it, but I don't see why not. Even Old Snake was hooked up with the camo technology in MGS4.

Darkpen

Banned
Lightning Bolt Action....

Hmmm....

I wonder how it'll play? I can imagine it being some sort of weird combination of Metal Gear Solid: VR Missions' Gray Fox section, meets MGS2S's Ninja VR section, meets Zone of Enders 2 combat, meets MGS3's Guy Savage minigame, meets MGS2 and MGS4 MGO's Raiden gameplay...

A combination which doesn't really sound very compelling.

If they're calling it "Lightning Bolt Action," I can only imagine something akin to that first "challenge" mode video of Batman Arkham Asylum that was shown a while back, but faster. Maybe like Tenchu? That would seem like the equivalent.

Quick and shocking gameplay? Hmmm

I really do hope they start the game from the end of MGS2

So a full on MGS Rising trailer and announcement of a Big Boss PSP game at tomorrows Sony conference then?

I have to admit, I was hoping for some TEA at this years E3. Still, Rising is sure to rock, I'm hoping for some ninja stealth action in there though.

freethought said:
So a full on MGS Rising trailer and announcement of a Big Boss PSP game at tomorrows Sony conference then?

I have to admit, I was hoping for some TEA at this years E3. Still, Rising is sure to rock, I'm hoping for some ninja stealth action in there though.
Well... In MGS4 Rayden takes down several metal gears on its own. I don't really think he needs to play it stealthy... I expect a ZOE game with a MGS skin. And that would be awesome!

KJ: This "R", is Rising.
HM: Ahahahaha.
KJ: I won't say "please release this", but if it's going to be released I guess there's nothing I can do.
HM: So you don't know at this point?
KJ: Well It's not that I don't know, laughs.
HM: Ah, then you DO know.
KJ, Well, I don't know, laughs.
HM: Which one is it, laughs. Even with that, this is going to make a big impact on people when this is announced.

Hmmm...

SolidSnakex said:
Ninja Raiden certainly wasn't sneaky. If you watch him in MGS4 you'd definitely think of something like DMC. An extremely stylized action. I'm expecting something that's more stealthy though, but you'll be able to do crazy shit simply because it is Ninja Raiden.

Meh, Ninja Raiden could've been sneaky. His first appearance, he's there to save Snake. Sure, when helping him, he's all flashy and shit, but how did he get there in the first place. Ninja shit, son :lol

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Nervous Hamster said:

Told you guys they were probably working on at least two or three games considering the number of producers they currently have on staff (and that was before the Famitsu interview, yet some crow-eater was telling me I was an idiot for saying so).

EDIT: Raiden can teleport. In the database, there is an entry for "Zero Shift" for no apparent reason, which explains it as the phenomenon of teleporting, that was one believed to be impossible, but first achieved by Gene in MPO.

Raiden teleported
when he was about to be crushed in Act 4, that's why there were Terminator-ish lighting bolts left after he disappeared

Darkpen

Banned
fullmetalht said:
Meh, Ninja Raiden could've been sneaky. His first appearance, he's there to save Snake. Sure, when helping him, he's all flashy and shit, but how did he get there in the first place. Ninja shit, son :lol
Indeed. He talks about learning tracking techniques, so he's clearly still a stealthy guy.

Top Bottom