• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Possible Kojima Productions Reveal in Three Days?

NeoUltima said:
Ahh true but XX could be XXX during the XXXX while XX XXXXXXs.

Yeah but you missed the XXXXX in the XXXX. After loading, you will see XXX which truly indicates that XXXX isn't XX.

Xun said:
What have I missed? Can someone please fill me into what has just happened?

Kojima said that XXXX will XXXX and XXXXX up in this XXXXX!

I blame La-Li-LU-Le-XX for censoring the XXXXXX.

Lakitu

st5fu
I'm so confused, what the fuck is going on? I just woke up and I'm only seeing the word PENIS. And Hideo, please, take a break from Metal Gear now, you're getting silly. Have some ambition, man.

m3k

so this thread still has no information? fail

edit: my mistake... this sort of shit makes a ban on announcement of announcement threads seem reasonable

Lakitu said:
I'm so confused, what the fuck is going on? I just woke up and I'm only seeing the word PENIS. And Hideo, please, take a break from Metal Gear now, you're getting silly. Have some ambition, man.

Imagine working on the perfect woman. For 20 years, you not only perfected her boobs but also those sharp knees and the attitude. 20 years later someone comes up and says "Thank you. We will take over. Now work on that cat of yours." Would you let someone just take away your woman? I SAY NO! You stand by it, spy on her! See if she is hitting on someone or flirting with someone or if someone is flirting with her. See if she burps in public or wear skinny clothes in public. Ofcourse, you cat will purr and meow all day but HOW CAN YOU SLEEP KNOWING YOUR WOMAN IS NOT IN YOUR BED AT NIGHT?! 20 FUCKING YEARS!

TWENTY. FUCKING. YEARS. OF. TAPPING. ONE. FUCKING. ASS!

Good night.

Stillmatic

If you look at each letter/number in the scans on each page it reads out as this:

Space (image with no letter)
S
C (looks like a C, could be something else)
P
E
Space (image with no letter)
S
e
R

e360 PRESS C

:lol I'm done. Roll on E3.

LALILULELO

Neo Member
As the words on the beret are french, as Zanzibar is supposedly to be in Africa,
in North Africa french is spoken..I guess MGS5 then will be either be in Africa around outer heaven time..
The words on his beret must have some reason being in french.

Lakitu

st5fu
shagg_187 said:
Imagine working on the perfect woman. For 20 years, you not only perfected her boobs but also those sharp knees and the attitude. 20 years later someone comes up and says "Thank you. We will take over. Now work on that cat of yours." Would you let someone just take away your woman? I SAY NO! You stand by it, spy on her! See if she is hitting on someone or flirting with someone or if someone is flirting with her. See if she burps in public or wear skinny clothes in public. Ofcourse, you cat will purr and meow all day but HOW CAN YOU SLEEP KNOWING YOUR WOMAN IS NOT IN YOUR BED AT NIGHT?! 20 FUCKING YEARS!

TWENTY. FUCKING. YEARS. OF. TAPPING. ONE. FUCKING. ASS!

Good night.

But then, you wake up one morning. You go out for a jog through the park, it's a nice sunny day, you see a sexy woman doing stretches in the park. She's even better looking than your previous lady and is not as much of a stuck up bitch now. You talk, you hit it off, you have your date, you like her and you think this could be the beginning of something special.

Raist

Banned
Too. Many. Posts.

So what do we have now? A pic of "Big Boss" with the cap?
What's this talk about Sunny/Raiden/Grey Fox? Did I miss something?

edit: What's this screen of a grey haired boy with a knife, too?

Raist said:
Too. Many. Posts.

You missed heaven on Earth i.e. Famitsu scans with XXXXX and XXX and XX. And not to forget: XXX.

Did you visit Kotaku.com lately? I heard Crecente is doing a XXXX with his XXX over his XXXXX.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Raist said:
Too. Many. Posts.

edit: What's this screen of a grey haired boy with a knife, too?
Famitsu scan shows new Raiden portrait in the same style as the new BB one.

Raist

Banned
Kojima: This time, only the image of this guy (image) will appear. Then lighting. Just this appearing, I wan everyone to guess. This is how XXX will be appearing.
Hamamura: This...is Big Boss?
Kojima: XXX way of appearing is slightly different.
Hamamura: Eh? Different...?

Hmmm...

So it may not be Big Boss, and his appearance is slightly different.

THEORY: That means that the eye patch is on the wrong eye. It's Solidus :eek:
The game will take place when Solidus raised Raiden as a Soldier confirmed.

deepbrown

KJ: Yes. We will also do what can be done on xxxxxxx (my guess
"xbox360"). xxxx (4 letters, unnatural to say "xbox"' here but could be
anything) is expected so that will be in for what it's worth. Oops,
I've said something I wasn't planning on saying, laughs.

Remember that Big Boss was a snatcher during the MG2 era according to the MGS DB. The story might explain why BB went insane during that period.

zoukka

Are people disappointed that this seems to be strongly tied to previous Solid games?

I was hoping for a complete reboot, but it seems that won't happen on the next decade...

deepbrown said:

You're right. Kojima was giving the interview in english and four letters definitely means xbox and 7 letters definitely means xbox360.

Rez said:
A Solidus/Raiden game would be neat.

Good god! I would love to play as a child soldier!

davygee said:
Has anyone decompiled the latest flash file to see what exact letters appear on the screen and in what order?

Yes. S E 3 e P R.

Might stand for Sony E3 Evil Press Release. lol just kidding ofcourse.

Midas

shagg_187 said:
You're right. Kojima was giving the interview in english and four letters definitely means xbox and 7 letters definitely means xbox360.

Good god! I would love to play as a child soldier!

:lol

But still, imagine the chaos if the upcoming MGS game would be for 360 only. Too much fun.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
deepbrown said:
The X's actually seem to be Kanji and Hiragana based upon the original interview. You'd have to guess the correct Japanese symbol for each of the spots, meaning deciphering this is sadly essentially impossible.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
The eyepatch is on the wrong eye for him to be Solidus.
It's either Big Boss or some clone/imposter/whatever.

DieH@rd

Banned
When i saw BigBoss on the kojipro page I SHAT BRICKS! I have only one thing to say:

" KOJIMA-SAN, THANK YOU FOR THE BEST E3 BUILDUP EVAR! "

evil solrac v3.0 said:
betcha this is big boss during World War II or something.

Boss was in the WW2.

Veins

Unconfirmed Member
Raist said:
Hmmm...

So it may not be Big Boss, and his appearance is slightly different.

THEORY: That means that the eye patch is on the wrong eye. It's Solidus :eek:
The game will take place when Solidus raised Raiden as a Soldier confirmed.

This theory is interesting.

DieH@rd said:
Boss was in the WW2.

Both The Boss and Big Boss were at WW2, even though BB wasn't an adult yet.

Any guesses could be pointless if things don't turn out to be what they seem or what the fans think they seem or not seem (yeah, I meant that), but I would say they are actually going to fit this somehow into the known Metal Gear storyline and that it won't be a sequel to MGS4.

matthsv said:
This theory is interesting.

It can't possibly be Solidus, even if just for the brief time between the loss of his left eye and his death/coma, and his apparent age. I wouldn't expect them to release some kind of inverted, age-altered pic to mislead anyone... or would they?

But who knows what kind of plot twists await, even for the initial announcement.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Philanthropist said:
It can't possibly be Solidus, even if just for the brief time between the loss of his left eye and his death/coma, and his apparent age.
Basically. Wrong eye, and he had both when he was young (forgot to mention that before).
Unless it's just some superficial wound, meaning the eyepatch is only there to have his right eye rest for a while... which would mean he could even be Solid before aging significantly.
Big Boss is still the correct answer imho.

deepbrown

shagg_187 said:

Lol that wasn't my theory. It was in the translation story.

klausbert

Metal Gear 1&2 remakes in glorious MGS 4 graphics please!

What does it say on the hat?
Militaires Sans Frontieres
Soldiers Without Borders

sounds an awful lot like Outer Heaven....maybe it means something or it means absolutely nothing, but they hinted at the Logo in the interview so there's got to be something to it.

HOOOOOLLYYYYYY SHIT!!!!!!

FUCKING AWESOME OH YES IN MY ANUS.

Now that's out the way, first of all.. Amazing Zbrush/Mudbox sculpt of Big Boss, really awesome.

Secondly, the "Raiden" scan is fuck awesome, really does look like a cross between Shinkawa and Kojima art. It's like my two favourite artists JIZZING in my face.

Stillmatic

darkpaladinmfc said:
I'm pretty sure that this will be revealed at Sony's Press Conference.

I'd guess it'd be at the Sony conference in some form, but i'm leaning towards the MS press conference for the reveal.

Klyka

Banned
Solidus + Raiden game would be awesome BUT:

Solidus lost his eye during MGS2, so why would he be wearing an eyepatch before?

Zen

Banned
Honestly the best news so far (personally) is the interview basically inferring that the game talks place in one location. I really would have been disappointed with another globe trotting experience.

Is there a Kojima Press Conference this year?

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Klyka said:
Solidus + Raiden game would be awesome BUT:

Solidus lost his eye during MGS2, so why would he be wearing an eyepatch before?
Yeah, this Solidus bullshit has to stop.
With Kojima you never know, it could even be Eva crossdressing and posing as BB, but him being Solidus is completely baseless and there's a crapload of evidence against this theory.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Mmm. It looks to all but certainly be Big Boss. And while I'm at it, the other one is all but definitely Raiden.

Top Bottom