• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Post Apocalyptic GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

zsswimmer

I just finished 1984... man what a fantastically haunting book. And I love how
it pretty much foreshadows something bad happening to Winston from the very beginning, but I honestly did not see the whole shop owner turned Thought Police scenario, even though I probably should have. That whole ending sequence was great... the meeting up with Julia again, the understanding of why the previous 3 'traitors' in the book started crying after hearing the chestnut song; It was quite depressing at the end but I'm sure that was the pont.

Either way it cost me about 4 bucks and I'm very glad to have found this thread. That being said - I have A Brave New World and I Am Legend sitting here. Any suggestions on which to start first?

zsswimmer

Yeah I was thinking about starting I Am Legend first because of that. Plus I've only seen the movie, which I thought was nothing special, and apparently it does no justice at all for the book.

Spl1nter

I am reading through One Second After. It is the worst book I have ever read. Aside from the illogical story, coincidences, possibilities that the author created it is extremely poorly written. The only redeeming factor is the unintentionally hilarious, 'but this is America' bits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom