• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Post kickass game battle music

calistan

End credits of Mario Kart Super Circuit on GBA - one of the best tunes Nintendo ever made, and a fine reward for struggling through another Rainbow Road:

Demigod Mac

Castlevania Rondo of Blood (PSP 3D remake) - Tues Deus meus

8a059aeacc59df699ff79cd4f227c872_w200.gif

Castlevania IV - Room of Close Associates ("Shit just got real" boss battles)

Edit: this clip captures the perfect timing of the music in the battle vs. Death

Last edited:

STARSBarry

Gold Member

Through out a series with excellent and unique character themes iv always loved Gunleons special attack theme.

Last edited:

Kev Kev

Shining Force Metal Medley LETS GO

All of the different battle music in Shining Force 1. He did a really good job putting it all together.

Kev Kev

The point at which this particular battle and this particular track happens lines up with a lot of the events of the game and it fits the tone perfectly, although it isn't exactly what I would call bad ass 🤷‍♂️ Still though, it worked very well with this particular fight and felt epic while playing through it recently, and I thought it deserved a mention in a battle music thread.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
So many awesome jams. I searched the thread and didn't see this one but can remember the first time I heard it and was pumped for the reaction even more.

Enjoy

When the main character is the one who gets his own theme during the final boss:

When you realize you went against the wrong guy:

GrayDock

Love me some masked devil. God I wish they'd make a modern Ninja Gaiden in the style of the old ones.
Yep, me too. A new version like SoR4 or the TMNT:SR would be a dream come true...
The close we got was with The Messenger, but isn't the same thing...

UnNamed

Banned
I should post the entire FFXV OST here.
Nier has some good tracks too.

But instead, I will choose the best battle theme I can remember.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Octopath always has some banging music. I in particular like the individual intros characters have before these boss fights kick off.
Fuck yeah! Octopath has god tier sound track, Octopath 2 should at very least get nominated as soundtrack of the year.

Top Bottom