• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Post sad gaming moments that made you cry, GAF.

Yakuza 3
Rikiya's death

TWD season one
Having to tell Clementine to give up on her parents after Crawford, also the end of episode five when Lee dies/turns.

TLOU
Sara's death and the end of the University, I was convinced Joel was dead.

187mvayc97122gif.gif

That bit in Metal Gear Solid 4, Act 4, where the music kicks in.

No need for me to elaborate it. Those that know, know.

I think THAT moment from FFVII would have got me, but I hardly knew about it :(. Fucking Youtube related videos spoilers.

Elite Beat Agents' Christmas level is the only one that made me tear up
1780857-ebainspiration.png

HUGE punch in the gut. Did not see it coming considering how stupid and silly the rest of the game is.

Video

I'm pretty sure I'm going to be alone here, but I, gonna say Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction.
the end when clank goes with the Zoni and leaves Ratchet behind, it was an unexpectedly sad end to the game, I was really gutted by it

yes YESSS

only gotten emotional a couple of times but the ending to Journey man was FUCKING INCREDIBLE.

unforgettable ride in that game. once the ending hit and the realization of what was happening and then the VERY end when
you see your star flying across the sky with another character looking up at it, same as you did in the beginning
it all just hit man. Fantastic.

get-back-in-there-tear.gif

Auctopus

The feelings evoked by other gamers in this scene/game constantly makes me wonder if I accidentally downloaded some Alpha version of the game. I felt nothing during this game, it was beautiful and fun at times (traversal sometimes was irritating) but the final scenes and the reveal of other PSN names didn't reduce me to tears, cure my Grandmother's Cancer or put it on my GOTY list like it seemed to for 99% of other players.

Never cried at level of falling tears, but

TWD
Lee dying and bidding farewell to Clementine
made me scratch my eyes.

To a lesser extent FFX ending made me really sad too.

woopWOOP

I never cry playing games.

The endings for Terranigma and Mother 3 made me feel like shit for a good week tho.

Danganronpa
Chapter 2 had me tearing up too by the time it was time to do the Closing Arguement

And of course the Walking Dead Season 1 finale.

If you were to look up the definition of heartbreaking, a picture of the Mother 3 box art would be shown.

Probably

I can't even post a picture what I'm talking about because it will spoil the entirety of the last few scenes.

Scene detail below
The final battle with Claus, especially with Hinawa pleading with him to stop made me bawl like a baby. It hit particularly hard because out of all my brothers, I'm incredibly close to my direct older brother and the going through that scene in my head with my brother in place of Claus hit incredibly hard.

Bonus points go to the very VERY bittersweet ending (also depending on your interpretation of what happened.), even though you're led to believe that they've all survived or at the very least, their souls live on in the new world, there's still a degree that you failed as the good guys. Yes, you've eradicated all evil in the world, but the world you knew is gone. There's still an element of a responsibility that you have to bear, which makes it one of my favourite endings.

Ouendan 2

I know someone just mentioned the Christmas episode from EBA (which is also great by the way) but this one just took its time to bring all of the sadness.

ouendan2a.jpg

Dizzy

Banned
Never cried, but came close with MGS4. A lot of people critisize the second half of the ending, but the first part would have been a poor end for Snake.

Also felt some emotions after finishing To the Moon and The Cat Lady as well. I think maybe Beyond Two Souls as well.

Journey....yeah I felt something at the end. Not strong emotions but there was something there.

MrBadger

The scene in Ghost Trick
after you save Yomiel, and when you find out who Sissel really is

Also
Nanako's 'death'
in Persona 4. That game really knows how to make you
want the bad ending

Didn't cry but I did feel and appreciate the tragedy of the situation in The Darkness.

Jenny getting killed in front of Jackie after the game did a very good job of establishing their relationship.

Oh and basically saying farewell to all the characters in the Mass Effect series, man a game has never made me quite love a cast of characters quite as much as this series did.

Top Bottom