• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Post your favorite catchy oldies / favorite oldies in general

SirTerry-T

Trying to avoid seventies and eighties stuff is pretty hard!

Some sixties stuff...

Joe Meek was a genius. Any music fan should try and watch "Telstar-The Joe Meek Story" if they can. He produced quite a few gems during the early sixties. Love this one, reminds me a bit of Stan Ridgway's Camouflage mashed up with Kate Bush's Wuthering Heights, two other "ghost story" songs.

John Kidd and The Pirates...a good enough song for Motorhead to cover decades later.

The Banana Splits were the best American band of the late sixties!

Last edited:

Old Retro

I consider oldies to be very early 70s and older. One of my favorite Motown classics:

Hip hop samples are chock full of 60s oldies albums. I heard this on the radio years back and said oh shit! It's truely a beautiful song:

Also sampled in rap and very funky:

Havoc2049

Generation X - Kiss Me Deadly

Samhain - Archangel (Love how Glen Danzig rips the guitar string off his guitar at the beginning of the video 🤣)

Last edited:
The late great Ian Dury and the Blockheads. Next to Kate Bush's Wuthering Heights, it's my go-to Kareoke song.

PhD

It's not the 80s without some Madness.

Bonus 60s entry. This the 60s distilled to one song. Lol

Last edited:
Feeling It Dancing Queen GIF by Padma Lakshmi

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Not as much of an oldie as some on here, but this fucking slaps and doesn't get enough credit for sounding like something that would be written by an alternative band in the 90's. Sonically ahead of it's time, for better or worse.

Top Bottom