• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Post Your Gaming Setup: 2009 Edition

Tabris

Here is my gaming setup. Note: The Wii is missing as I sold my previous one to make back some of the money I spent on VC as it's tied to the console. I'll be rebuying soon.

front.jpg

blinds.jpg

left.jpg

right.jpg

receiver.jpg
consoles.jpg

dvds.jpg

PSGames

Tabris said:
Here is my gaming setup. Note: The Wii is missing as I sold my previous one to make back some of the money I spent on VC as it's tied to the console. I'll be rebuying soon.

G]http://www.deusnetwork.com/images/misc/gamesetup/2009/jan/front.jpg[/IMG]

[G]http://www.deusnetwork.com/images/misc/gamesetup/2009/jan/blinds.jpg[/IMG]
MG]http://www.deusnetwork.com/images/misc/gamesetup/2009/jan/left.jpg[/IMG]

[G]http://www.deusnetwork.com/images/misc/gamesetup/2009/jan/right.jpg[/IMG]

[G]http://www.deusnetwork.com/images/misc/gamesetup/2009/jan/receiver.jpg[/IMG]http://www.deusnetwork.com/images/misc/gamesetup/2009/jan/consoles.jpg[/IMG]

MG]http://www.deusnetwork.com/images/misc/gamesetup/2009/jan/dvds.jpg[/IMG]

Wow very nice setup. That 'wall of windows' really sets it off. Where did you buy that glass coffee table by the way?

Broseybrose

New Samsung LN52A650 52" 1080p 120Hz LCD and a PS3.

LBP for Christmas. I want to remove those lamps. I feel they take away from what is a beautiful stand.
95u0kp.jpg

kasi0y.jpg

Love the blacks on this display.
69j2vm.jpg

29ygi1l.jpg

My Gaming PC bedroom setup remains unchanged.
2ll1rb5.jpg

2vbsjnt.jpg

The games drawer. Most of my (S)NES stuff is in storage crates atm.
2eedcsl.jpg

Athlon X2 5000+, 2GB RAM, 8800GTX, OCZ 600W PSU, 24" 1920x1200 LCD, Vista32 Home Premium. Saitek AV8R and Logitech Dual Analog Gamepad. (DMC4 PC iis actually really good, coming from someone whose never played a DMC game before in his life.)
wcedn8.jpg

I put the PSU and GTX in by myself. Next PC is going to be built ground-up by me.
es9qmp.jpg

and i picked up TWEWY for the DS.
f0704x.jpg

:D

PSGames said:
So like I said in the OP I just bought a 3 Bed, 3 Bath Condo and have been working really hard to make it into something I can be proud of. It was a foreclosed home and was basically a wreck when I got it. Here's the progress so far, let me know what you think! If you have any suggestions please feel free to chime in!

snip

That is awesome. It's like night and day. Is this your first home?

Marty Chinn said:
Hardware:

Sony KF-50WE610 HDTV
Pioneer Elite SC-07 Receiver
AV123 ELT525 Speakers
DirecTV TiVo HR10-250
Toshiba HD-A2 HD-DVD Player
Sony 60 GB PlayStation 3
Sony PlayStation 2
Microsoft Xbox (used for XBMC)
Microsoft Xbox 360
Nintendo Wii

And for good measure, here's pics of my game room.

11.JPG

13.JPG

ZOMFG. That's an epic collection of games...

PSGames

Spiderjericho said:
That is awesome. It's like night and day. Is this your first home?

Thanks! Yep this is my first home. I could have taken the easy route but this way I'll have equity from the start.

DiddyBop

tabris,amazing setup,love everything about it. i knew you had to live in a canadian city by the designs of those condos in the background.

no angel

well i've only recently moved so this is currently the only picture I have of my living room ( no surround sound in it either) but i can take more once it's tidy (place is a hole at the moment!)

28042008098.jpg

wii, dreamcast and ps2 are in the second room which again is a pit (although this is the other half's room so it's her fault really) so also no picture there either!

Tabris

I just added the following to my setup. It's the Harmony 890 remote and while you can't really see from the picture, it has an excellent colour LCD and lithium battery you chargew with a very subtle charger. Now what makes this remote so brillant is it goes through RF to IR censors (the black squares with wires coming out, there's 6 of them in total)

So I never need to open up my cabinet except to change game discs or to play Super Nintendo. Anyone that has closed cabinets and wants to keep them closed, I definitely recommend this. I don't even need to point the remote to the screen. I'll change channels from the kitchen while making food.

remote.jpg

sikkinixx

IMG_0094.jpg

The new setup. I need to fix the shelf behind the tv since the tv is 2 inches too tall (damn it all). Oh well. Works for now.

IMG_0097.jpg

Ant the still undergoing re-doing closet office.

gamingsetup.jpg

TV: LG 42" LCD
Consoles: Xbox 360, Wii, PS2, N64, SNES (PS1 in the closet)
Stereo: LG 6 speaker surround, LG DVD player/receiver
Other: Gaming PC (not shown), HP tablet laptop

Blablurn

2mxmqfo.jpg
2m4qbfd.jpg

Rock Band is so great. Too bad it's not that huge in Germany. My friends thought it's just some "toy" but as soon as they played it they went insane :lol (just a note: the two singstar mics are behind the ps3)

2mwduue.jpg
2ir2pvs.jpg

Metal Gear <3

2zei2ra.jpg
30u7rx1.jpg

2yxnoqq.jpg

It's just a small room but I like it.

PuMa

no angel said:
well i've only recently moved so this is currently the only picture I have of my living room ( no surround sound in it either) but i can take more once it's tidy (place is a hole at the moment!)

28042008098.jpg

wii, dreamcast and ps2 are in the second room which again is a pit (although this is the other half's room so it's her fault really) so also no picture there either!

That is an awesome little table you have there. Where does one get such a thing?

Bamihap

Good at being the bigger man
3141553218_032cd0d65a.jpg

32" full HD (Samsung LE32A656)

PS3
Xbox 360
Wii

also in the picture:
Macbook 2.1 GHZ mid 2007 model
Wacom Bamboo

----
2892261518_0c7c79d5a1.jpg

When I'm at school I play games here. I'll try to make some better picture next week.

Tabris said:
I just added the following to my setup. It's the Harmony 890 remote and while you can't really see from the picture, it has an excellent colour LCD and lithium battery you chargew with a very subtle charger. Now what makes this remote so brillant is it goes through RF to IR censors (the black squares with wires coming out, there's 6 of them in total
I just purchased a Harmony 880 this week. I seriously do not know how I have lived without this remote for so long.

PacoDG

So many clean set ups and rooms :(

59x1s.jpg

2z8ssr6.jpg

fk1jm9.jpg

(Not pictured is my Pioneer receiver to the left of my computer monitor. Connected to the 360 and my PC via optical cable)

Tabris

BTW, for all the people asking how we can afford such nice setups, I dunno about others but for me, it's time spent slowly researching and accumulating the things I need and credit :) So maybe just start with one or two things. Like get some zip-tie's for those cables. I bet the above pictures would be 10x improved with zip-tie's.

For example, here's my setup in 2005 (this was the year I first got an HDTV):

tv.jpg

Here's my setup in 2006 (moved into a new place, added a bit of decor, got HD PVR and component switcher):

tempsetup2.jpg

Here's my setup in 2007 (added the decor, new couch and table):

rightside.jpg

Here's my setup in 2008 (added the cabinet, new LCD tv):

leftconsole.jpg

Now in 2009 I added a bit more decor and a new A/V receiver. My goal by the end of the year is to replace the speakers with something a bit more stylish and powerful. I'm thinking of adding these speakers, please let me know what you guys think?

HKTS15.jpg

With these speaker stands:
21UQVHVXnNL._SL160_.jpg

ruxtpin

Banned
Chittagong said:
First pictures of my new London setup.

Living room. Sony 52X2000 1080P LCD TV. Xbox 360. PlayStation 3. Sony 5300ES receiver. Usher S-520 speakers and Usher subwoofer. Speaker stands Custom Design UK. Sofa "Togo" by Ligne Rose. Lamp "Arco" by Flos. Table from Innovation, Denmark. TV stand by Muurame. Art by Patrick Thomas.

3107799132_87f52fa3c5.jpg

Dining. MacBook Pro 15" unibody. Alvar Aalto table and chairs from Artek. Carpet by Woodnotes.

3106968683_19be020d81.jpg

3106971555_81935f8c1d.jpg

Wall. Invader art.

3107800622_a320d9037d.jpg

Kitchen. MacBook Air with Spore.

3107801232_a3836b612c.jpg

Bedroom. PSP-2000 series. Nintendo DS lite. Bed by Innovation, Denmark. Night tables by BoConcept. Wall art by Threadless in Supernice.

3107797378_622d72956a.jpg

Lounge wall. Bioshock figure. iPod 60GB. Soundstick II speakers Harman-Kardon. Cupboards by Muurame. Wall art by Supernice.

3106970885_55d0648c4c.jpg

Lounge. Wii. Samsung 720P LCD TV. Table by Skanno. Sofa by Innovation, Denmark. Beanbags by Innovation, Denmark. "Barcelona" chair by Knoll. Footrest by Woodnotes.

3106967387_744985d168.jpg

3107798074_75c916c19f.jpg

Where's Tyler Durden?

evilgreg

Neo Member
Here's mine. Simple, but I like it.

3167473518_d2ee079462_b.jpg

And here's some art on my wall from a drawing machine that my gf made for me:

3167478602_10b2b3d28c_b.jpg

(it was made with tea bags)

no angel

PuMa said:
That is an awesome little table you have there. Where does one get such a thing?

we ordered it from a catalogue (choices i think - i'm in the uk) but i've seen quite a few different variations of it around, it's pretty cool cause both the left and the right open out. Moving from a house to an apartment meant we had to be pretty clever with storage as we had loads of junk that wouldn't go anywhere. the leather stools round the dining table also open up for storage and the tv unit is double backed for dvds and games.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
This thread is completely awesome. Some of you have great setups. Makes me so excited about graduating college this year, making money, and having my own place! A lot of you guys have amazing apartments/houses/rooms (although some need to learn how to hide wires!)

evilgreg

Neo Member
drkOne said:
This made me realize how much better the old Macbook looks compared to the new one.
Completely agree. Its a first-gen MacBook and is still chugging along beautifully. I'm definitely keeping this one around for a long time.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Could people stop quoting the OP's post? We get it, it's awesome.

M3Freak

Banned
No pics - have to take some. But, here's a list of my gear:

Sony KDS-R50XBR1 SXRD
Onkyo TX-SR876
Paradigm Monitor 9s
Paradigm Monitor something surrounds
Paradigm Monitor something centre
Paradigm Reference Servo-15 (sub)
Sony PS3 (60 GB)

I replaced my A/V receiver only a couple of days ago. The new receiver is hurting my head with everything it can do. I'll be tweaking shit for a while.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Mine hasn't changed much overall from 2008 or even years before except for the den room (remodeled, put the Pioneer there) and two different monitors and tv in PC setup. Moved one of the tvs to the kitchen and the other was given away. My living room still has the behemoth which I'm ready to get rid of this year and replace it with a flat panel. I'm currently thinking about how to implement a 7.1 system and revitalizing my fish tank. Got rid of a 50" from the guest room (not pictured), currently with a replacement tube there. Everything is going to be more simple.

2wfock8.jpg

15zi4u8.jpg

11mb7k0.jpg

Mohonky

Kadey said:
Mine hasn't changed much overall from 2008 or even years before except for the den room (remodeled, put the Pioneer there) and two different monitors and tv in PC setup. Moved one of the tvs to the kitchen and the other was given away. My living room still has the behemoth which I'm ready to get rid of this year and replace it with a flat panel. I'm currently thinking about how to implement a 7.1 system and revitalizing my fish tank. Got rid of a 50" from the guest room (not pictured), currently with a replacement tube there. Everything is going to be more simple.

2wfock8.jpg

15zi4u8.jpg

11mb7k0.jpg

Why on earth do you have so many TV's and monitors?

Firestorm

Chittagong said:
First pictures of my new London setup.

Lounge. Wii. Samsung 720P LCD TV. Table by Skanno. Sofa by Innovation, Denmark. Beanbags by Innovation, Denmark. "Barcelona" chair by Knoll. Footrest by Woodnotes.

3106967387_744985d168.jpg
I got to sit in one of those chairs while visiting a Knoll's showroom in Seattle. It was like all the weight in my body was lifted from me. It was so amazing.

Edit: You know Kadey, you could probably have cut down a little on the 20k you spent last year by getting a P4 poster instead of using a TV =p

ZeoVGM

Banned
My God, some of you make lots of mon...

SWEET MERCIFUL CRAP, CHITTAGONG.

Am I reading right in that... that lamp alone cost you $2,000?

PacoDG

comedy bomb said:
It looks like it's on the carpet too. I hope it's just a soda explosion or something :O

I hope it is too. I forget how long that has been on my closet door, but I really don't think its blood. I pray I didn't get wasted one night and hwarf into the trash can and hit the closet. It has been years. I'm going with soda spill of some kind (I am a sucker for those cheap grocery store brand strawberry and orange sodas)

btf1980

omg rite said:
My God, some of you make lots of mon...

SWEET MERCIFUL CRAP, CHITTAGONG.

Am I reading right in that... that lamp alone cost you $2,000?

Mid century modern furniture is expensive. If you think Chittas lamp is expensive, then you don't want to know what he paid for his Barcelona chair. I used to date a girl that worked at DWR (Design Within Reach) http://www.dwr.com and I got some stuff from her. Barcelona chairs are cool, but kind of lost their favor with me since every Tom, Dick and Harry has one, and they have been counterfeited like crazy. The only mid-century piece I have now is a Nelson bench.

Top Bottom