• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Post Your Gaming Setup: 2009 Edition

PSGames

With just 2 weeks left in '08 I figure everyone should be getting their new/updated setups for the new year! So post away!

I just moved into a new place myself so this is still a work in progress, but I'm happy with it :) :

atvssx.jpg

34i5wkm.jpg

Westinghouse 42 lcd (I should be upgrading this soon!)
Sony STR-DG910 Reciever

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can conceal the cords at the bottom?

Or take a rectangular piece of wood, paint it white, then slap it in front of the wires.

Nice place btw. I like the tiger cushions.

whitehawk

Banned
I'll post mine when i get a hold of my brothers camera.

nice setup btw. Get rid of the wires, and the white chatpad though.

54-46!

Doesn't your neck hurt after watching TV for a while? I mean it's pretty high up, from what I can see anyway.

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
PSGames said:
With just 2 weeks left in '08 I figure everyone should be getting their new/updated setups for the new year! So post away!

I just moved into a new place myself so this is still a work in progress, but I'm happy with it :) :

http://i44.tinypic.com/34zehr8.jpg[/IM G]
[IMG]http://i39.tinypic.com/34i5wkm.jpg[/IM G]

Westinghouse 42 lcd [B](I should be upgrading this soon!)[/B]
Sony STR-DG910 Reciever

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can conceal the cords at the bottom?[/QUOTE]
Bro, you need to upgrade your speakers first.

Pretty snazzy setup other than that and your wire situation. Maybe you could just stick your subwoofer there and have an awkward ottaman next to it.

PSGames

Doesn't your neck hurt after watching TV for a while? I mean it's pretty high up, from what I can see anyway.

I'm usually gaming or watching Blu-Rays constantly on it and haven't experienced any issues yet.

It's about eye level when standing up and I sit about 9 feet away so it's not bad at all.

Bro, you need to upgrade your speakers first!

Trust me I know. I'm headed to CircuitCity today to see if I can pick some up :lol

Integra

Neo Member
*sighs* damnit. I'm gonna have to come back in here later to check the pics out (comp isn't allowing me to see them), as well as post mine on here. :p

Hooker

_dementia said:
do it

if you can, please photoshop into a photo of your actual space

that would be cool
Ah, I would. But as I'm going to acquire my MA in 2009, and get my first real job as well, I'm not quite sure whether I will still be living in this dump. That is, if I get a job right away :lol :lol :lol

Otherwise imagine this great penthouse with Kuro Elite products ;)

ElNino

Atomzzk! said:
My TV looks to be about as high as that and I don't have any issues with it. You get used to it pretty quickly. At least when standing to play Guitar Hero/Rock Band the TV is perfectly at eye level.

If the TV could be perfectly eye level when seated that would be ideal, but in my situation is was not possible in the family room we have. When I finish my basement I will build a dedicated HT room that will be ideally laid out, but until then I will make due with what I have. One benefit though is that it keeps my electronics out of the reach of my 2 year old son, for now at least.

Edit: This isn't a great picture and this was taken earlier in the year so things are not exactly the same anymore, but you get the idea.

5vvckl.jpg

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
I've got a solution to your wire problem.

B7015_rectangle.gif

A big wicker basket. Stick some games and DVDs in that sucker while you're at it.

SUPREME1

Banned
My components/gear:

Pioneer Elite Pro-FHD1 1080p 50" Plasma
Pioneer Elite VSX-91TXH
Playstation3 60GB
Xbox360 + HD DVD (+wireless adapter)
DirectTV HD Receiver
Polk 3.1 Set-up: [2 x RTi8 (Left & Right); TSi CS10 (center); PSW10 (sub)]
Logitech Universal Remote 720
iPod Touch 16GB

This is my entertainment hub. I hover around it constantly. I keeps my sane.

(will post pics later if requested by someone... though I'm so lazy it'd be later in the week and I'd have a bad attitude having to take pics, host and post) :D

Also, the only reason I haven't posted before is because the way they are set up, sucks. :\
All in a bedroom for now.... in a corner.

I have to patient and knwo that I'll be heading home soon enough. *sigh*

Hardware:

Sony KF-50WE610 HDTV
Pioneer Elite SC-07 Receiver
AV123 ELT525 Speakers
DirecTV TiVo HR10-250
Toshiba HD-A2 HD-DVD Player
Sony 60 GB PlayStation 3
Sony PlayStation 2
Microsoft Xbox (used for XBMC)
Microsoft Xbox 360
Nintendo Wii

Here's my current setup which I just upgraded a couple months ago:

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

7.JPG

8.JPG

9.JPG

And for good measure, here's pics of my game room.

10.JPG

11.JPG

12.JPG

13.JPG

14.JPG

I still need to take pics of the cabinet that has all the consoles in it, and still need to get stuff from my parents place, but that's what I've got going so far.

I'll probably have to post new pics again in the next couple of months because it looks like I've got an issue with my TV and will likely have to buy a new one. I'm looking forward to what gets announced at CES but right now I've got my eye on a Pioneer Elite Kuro 50" 111FD Plasma screen. Willing to sell my current one if anyone is interested =)

SUPREME1

Banned
Marty Chinn said:
Hardware:

Sony KF-50WE610 HDTV
Pioneer Elite SC-07 Receiver
AV123 ELT525 Speakers
DirecTV TiVo HR10-250
Toshiba HD-A2 HD-DVD Player
Sony 60 GB PlayStation 3
Sony PlayStation 2
Microsoft Xbox (used for XBMC)
Microsoft Xbox 360
Nintendo Wii

Here's my current setup which I just upgraded a couple months ago:

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

7.JPG

8.JPG

9.JPG

And for good measure, here's pics of my game room.

10.JPG

11.JPG

12.JPG

13.JPG

14.JPG

I still need to take pics of the cabinet that has all the consoles in it, and still need to get stuff from my parents place, but that's what I've got going so far.

I'll probably have to post new pics again in the next couple of months because it looks like I've got an issue with my TV and will likely have to buy a new one. I'm looking forward to what gets announced at CES but right now I've got my eye on a Pioneer Elite Kuro 50" 111FD Plasma screen. Willing to sell my current one if anyone is interested =)

You have GOD's receiver.

*bows*

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I will love this thread :)

Threi

notag
Ghetto Basement still intact, but now with a few more stuff!

6suheb.jpg

s5hjqg.jpg

2cfb9n8.jpg

28ib59k.jpg

2qn3aft.jpg

2j68yhc.jpg

(its just the re5 demo cd and dvd, keep your pants on)
xaqps7.jpg

fuck the haters, etc.

oh and before i forget i should post this lest some idiot come in and say "oh dude you are so full of shit you don't know what true HD is bla bla bla" not knowing that High Definiton and fixed pixels are two different things:
2v14sjs.jpg

Room is not 100 percent. But getting there.

Current set up

40 inch Samsung 1080p Lcd Lnt4061
32 inch Vizio 720p Lcd
Onkyo TX-SR604 Reciever
5.1 polkaudio speakers
120gb Xbox 360 Elite with Hddvd add on
Jasper Arcade Xbox 360
60Gb PS3
Acer Gaming Pc. Vista 3gb ram nvidia 8600gt gpu. Connected to both tvs.

Yes i am living in cord hell :lol Bundle of wires in front of receiver are for zone 2 when we have guest over or poker night and connect to the speakers downstairs.

3115767219_7291989771_b.jpg

3116586050_e45837f6d0_b.jpg

3116589974_dd87e79834_b.jpg

3116587254_691e024fac_b.jpg

3116588036_3831c94b1c_b.jpg

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Thewhiterabbit, how's that Vizio TV working out for gaming? I'm considering buying a 20 inch model from Costco since I need another TV for my Wii and older consoles, but I'm torn between getting an LCD or using an older SDTV, which I think would be better for the older stuff.

Lyte Edge said:
Thewhiterabbit, how's that Vizio TV working out for gaming? I'm considering buying a 20 inch model from Costco since I need another TV for my Wii and older consoles, but I'm torn between getting an LCD or using an older SDTV, which I think would be better for the older stuff.

Works and Looks good. If you can get a cheap Hdtv do it. It might not have all the bells and whistles but it still looks miles better than a sd tv.

_RT_

Wouldn't it make more sense to wait till it actually hits 2009?
I'm sure people are going to get some gear over the holidays.

Silly.

d0g_bear

Marty Chinn said:

did you know you have the the IRL version of the little Playstaiton Home stool you win when you play the Namco Museum beta?
I made a tower of those in my 'summer home' lol

PSGames

ElNino said:
My TV looks to be about as high as that and I don't have any issues with it. You get used to it pretty quickly. At least when standing to play Guitar Hero/Rock Band the TV is perfectly at eye level.

If the TV could be perfectly eye level when seated that would be ideal, but in my situation is was not possible in the family room we have. When I finish my basement I will build a dedicated HT room that will be ideally laid out, but until then I will make due with what I have. One benefit though is that it keeps my electronics out of the reach of my 2 year old son, for now at least.

Edit: This isn't a great picture and this was taken earlier in the year so things are not exactly the same anymore, but you get the idea.

5vvckl.jpg

I like it. You should put some DVD and game case holders in those two spots beneath your TV.

sigh. That gaming room makes me want to end it all now... I mean really what is the point if I can't have a room like that one day?

DogWelder

straydog1980 said:
sigh. That gaming room makes me want to end it all now... I mean really what is the point if I can't have a room like that one day?
That you enjoy your hobby, regardless of the set-up.

But I agree, that room is awesome.

whitehawk

Banned
straydog1980 said:
What, the gaming room posted with thousands of games? Why would you want that:lol I feel sorry for the guy imo

aznpxdd

Damn, just posted mine in the 2008 thread which I guess is dead.

Moved back in the house after graduating! Finally got everything set up, just need to clean up the stupid wires.

IMG_2469.jpg

IMG_2470.jpg

Other areas of the room for kicks.

IMG_2467.jpg

IMG_2471.jpg

NekoFever

Mine's not going to change between now and 1/1, so here's what I have at the end of my bed:

tv916.jpg

Sorry about the lighting in here, but it's either like that or with a big white flash on the screen.

Panasonic TH42PZ80 42" 1080p plasma TV
Logitech Z-5400 5.1 system
Pioneer DV-400V DVD player (HDMI)
Topfield TF5800PVR 160GB DVR (RGB)
PAL Xbox 360 Elite (HDMI)
US 60GB PS3 (HDMI, with IR2BT for IR control)
US Wii (component)

All controlled with a Logitech Harmony One remote.

Here's a closer shot the shelf above with most of my current (playable on the connected consoles) games, and a few other odds and ends:

shelf546.jpg

ElNino

PSGames said:
I like it. You should put some DVD and game case holders in those two spots beneath your TV.
Thanks. There are a few things I'd like to do with the setup, and filling in the spots below the TV is certainly one of them. I wouldn't mind storing DVD/Games/etc in there, it's just that I need to make it somewhat childproof as my son has gotten very good at opening DVD cases so I have them all in the cabinet to the right of the TV (which has a locked door).

Top Bottom