• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Post your Stadia setup

You can sideload the Game Pass app onto a Shield and it works ok. The bitrate is pretty low though, games tend to get super pixelated when you move the camera around.

Thank you. Question about it. If I pay for this xcloud game pass service ($15/month?) for 3-4 months and cancel, does MS still keep the save of the games on the cloud for me? I only had a Xbox live account back in the 360 days so I will need a new login.

Skyfox

Thanks to Google for the free controller. I use to it play PS5 Remote play and XCloud Games when I'm not in my game room :messenger_beaming:

AB2mgcr.jpg
How do you do this? I thought stadia controller only worked for stadia. Does it need to be physically connected? Is it just a PC or does it work on tablets/mobiles? I usually bring my dualsense with me.

elliot5

How do you do this? I thought stadia controller only worked for stadia. Does it need to be physically connected? Is it just a PC or does it work on tablets/mobiles? I usually bring my dualsense with me.
It's wifi direct to stadia or you can use Bluetooth or USB. It's just like an xinput controller

elliot5

Thank you. Question about it. If I pay for this xcloud game pass service ($15/month?) for 3-4 months and cancel, does MS still keep the save of the games on the cloud for me? I only had a Xbox live account back in the 360 days so I will need a new login.
Yeah your cloud saves are permanent. People coming back to Xbox after ten years can boot their 360 saves up

DjMystix

Great question. Two things:

1. Sadia controller needs to be wired. They haven't released the firmware yet where the controller works like a general controller when wireless.
2. You need a mapping software that can convert stadia input to PS5, Xbox controller. IMO, the best solution is reWASD. Extremely seamless and easy to use. (https://www.rewasd.com/)

oh and also, doesn't work with tablets... yet.

Last edited:

Skyfox

Great question. Two things:

1. Sadia controller needs to be wired. They haven't released the firmware yet where the controller works like a general controller when wireless.
2. You need a mapping software that can convert stadia input to PS5, Xbox controller. IMO, the best solution is reWASD. Extremely seamless and easy to use. (https://www.rewasd.com/)

oh and also, doesn't work with tablets... yet.
So just PC? I have an adaptor that could connect the stadia controller to my chrome tablet but no point if it won't work on playstation remote.

Ridiculously ps5 remote play requires a ps4 controller! It doesn't recognise the dualsense although Xcloud, Stadia and GFN do!

Sony are always the same. They invent warpdrive and jump to another solar system but don't land on the planet until ordinary spaceships catch up. E.g. psp without dual analogs (just one), vita with button remapping disabled for cloud, and no L2 R2, PSNow removed from vita as soon as PSNow got interesting.

Last edited:

wolywood

the controller looks like shit..is it as bad as it looks?
Ergonomically it's pretty comfortable, doesn't feel cheap or poorly constructed or anything like that. A few issues I've noticed:

- Battery life sucks, about on par with the Dual Shock 4.

- Wireless play works only with Stadia. Using the controller for anything else (PC games, Game Pass etc) requires a direct USB connection.

- way too easy to accidentally hit the useless Google Assistant button

Last edited:

Dlacy13g

Ok, this post made me laugh out loud. Ok, ok...thats out of the way.. Now,, how do I screen capture my chrome browser? 🤣

OnePlus are giving this shit away with any phones you order from them LOL

Shit is going right into the bin. The amount of e-waste created by this trash is unreal.

DjMystix

Neat trick, but if you're playing Returnal without the DualSense you are doing it wrong.
100% agreed :) This is only when I'm not near my ps5. I've done pretty much everything in Returnal already. Just down to some last 5-6 ciphers and for that, I like the option to be able to do a quick run from where ever I am lol. And of course, playing other games too.

100% agreed :) This is only when I'm not near my ps5. I've done pretty much everything in Returnal already. Just down to some last 5-6 ciphers and for that, I like the option to be able to do a quick run from where ever I am lol. And of course, playing other games too.
<3 Returnal

buenoblue

Banned
I used to be happy with steam in home streaming and I bought a shield portable which had Nvidia grid streaming service on it. Back then I was pretty amazed that you could stream a game at all, and compared to PS3/360 graphics it wasn't that bad.

I haven't tried stadia but I've tried xcloud and steam inhome streaming recently an as the years have moved on I've got so used to high res high detailed graphics in pc and ps5 that streaming doesn't really cut it for me anymore.

I'm looking for pristine clean responsive gaming and I don't mind paying a premium for it. Same as anything, you can buy a cheaper inferior product that does "most" of what you need but for my favourite pastime I'm willing to pay extra for the absolute difinitive experience I can get.

PrimeX

I am more and more interested in gaming on my phone when the TV is not available.
Did anyone here try the Razer Kishi on Android and Stadia?

PrimeX

My WiiU is gathering dust, I will probably sell it if someone would be interested. Tried some moths ago but no one gives a crap about WiiU

PrimeX

I am not a VR enthusiast but this sounds interesting. It is better than no news at all about Stadia development.

Fat Frog

I advertised for Google Stadia

I am not a VR enthusiast but this sounds interesting. It is better than no news at all about Stadia development.
Could be a smart way to shine.
VR is extremely expensive and stadia could handle it with powerful servers but very light head set (the hardware being elsewhere).

A free update of Resident Evil 8 Stadia could be great.

It seemd the "Stadia is doing well" was not bullshit.(it's not a triumph though)
Google wouldn't hire new engineers (last month) if there was any sign of success...

Last edited:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Stadia was about streaming games but you gotta have a strong connection and it feels like round 2 for “OnLive”

Fat Frog

I advertised for Google Stadia
Stadia was about streaming games but you gotta have a strong connection and it feels like round 2 for “OnLive”
It's not for people living in the ass of Alaska but let's face it, Stadia has decent results with 20 mbps internet which means already more than 500 millions people in the world can already play it.(my ex 20 mbps internet had far more better performances on Cyberpunk than the PS4... i had a few freezes but overall a smooth experience.)
(google needs to open more servers though)

Countries (govs)all over the world adopt fiber very quickly since it's cheaper than cooper lines (long term) according to many reports.

Last edited:
Top Bottom