• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Post your Stadia setup

Great Hair

Banned
Delete Old Man GIF

kingfey

Banned
I think of it as a problem to a solution that already exists.
Its a fix to a problem that exist now, and existed for a long time.

Gaming are becoming more widespread than ever. You need to accommodate for all these people who wants to game.

Last year, there was 3billion gamers. Consoles on last gen, released around 250m consoles, counting the current consoles. The old console owners will buy the new gen consoles.

So how do you attract the remaining gamers?

Answer is cloud gaming. All you need a is a laptop or normal pc, that isn't a gaming. Or a smart tv, like android tv. Make an app, or a browser support, and you could potentially reach 500m gamers this war.

Pc is 700m gamers according to Intel. Steam has 120m. There are places where steam isn't that big. China and Asia are huge pc players, who play games from their country.

Here is one of most popular Asian game.

There is also Asian mmo, which doesn't have English support. Phantasy online is one of them. There are tons of Chinese fps, and mmo games, which doesn't have English support.

Most mmo are Asian games, and the popular in the west are those from Asia who have English support. Bdo, blade and soul, ff14.

Most of these games aren't even on consoles.

We say COD is big. But in reality its tiny to compared to the long running franchise of pc fps. Consoles makes them sound a bigger game.

These are the people who would like to play cloud gaming. It let's them play games, which they couldn't afford to play, due to consoles not available to them.

Last edited:

kingfey

Banned
PS Now is their Stadia and it isn’t praised at all.
They treat it as a turd. Only recently they started to release good games.

They don't have a better infrastructure to support their cloud gaming like stadia, Luna, or xcloud being supported.

Most of their investments goes to their console.

Skifi28

Its a fix to a problem that exist now, and existed for a long time.

Gaming are becoming more widespread than ever. You need to accommodate for all these people who wants to game.

Last year, there was 3billion gamers. Consoles on last gen, released around 250m consoles, counting the current consoles. The old console owners will buy the new gen consoles.

So how do you attract the remaining gamers?

Answer is cloud gaming. All you need a is a laptop or normal pc, that isn't a gaming. Or a smart tv, like android tv. Make an app, or a browser support, and you could potentially reach 500m gamers this war.

Pc is 700m gamers according to Intel. Steam has 120m. There are places where steam isn't that big. China and Asia are huge pc players, who play games from their country.

Here is one of most popular Asian game.

There is also Asian mmo, which doesn't have English support. Phantasy online is one of them. There are tons of Chinese fps, and mmo games, which doesn't have English support.

Most mmo are Asian games, and the popular in the west are those from Asia who have English support. Bdo, blade and soul, ff14.

Most of these games aren't even on consoles.

We say COD is big. But in reality its tiny to compared to the long running franchise of pc fps. Consoles makes them sound a bigger game.

These are the people who would like to play cloud gaming. It let's them play games, which they couldn't afford to play, due to consoles not available to them.
Where are these 3 billion gamers that were waiting for the solution of cloud gaming? They're still on their phone playing candy crush while commuting and they'll stay there because they don't care about anything else. Stadia and all the other similar services have failed because they're directly competing with the same market as consoles/ PCs where they pale in comparison. There are no 3 billion gamers, that's PR bullshit.

I also think you're an astroturfer so it's kind of a meaningless discussion, but I replied anyway.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Yes. For cloud savings, for patches, for subscription games, you need it for online games.

Turn off you wifi, and see if you can play the games that I mentioned.

Current consoles are becoming more and more dependent on internet.
No. I said ALWAYS online. Which is what you need for cloud gaming. There are far more games to play that don't require an internet connection at all than do.

reinking

Gold Member
Yes. For cloud savings, for patches, for subscription games, you need it for online games.
That is not what he asked and you know it. You are manipulating your answer to a question that was not asked. It is cool if you like Stadia and streaming but you seem to be going after anyone that doesn't praise it.

kingfey

Banned
Where are these 3 billion gamers that were waiting for the solution of cloud gaming? They're still on their phone playing candy crush while commuting and they'll stay there because they don't care about anything else. Stadia and all the other similar services have failed because they're directly competing with the same market as consoles/ PCs where they pale in comparison. There are no 3 billion gamers, that's PR bullshit.

I also think you're an astroturfer so it's kind of a meaningless discussion, but I replied anyway.
So you are saying those gamers should stick to their shitty phones.

The level of your entitlement is over the roof.

You console players act all mighty. No wonder you guys are against everything, which advances gaming.

And please don't call me astroturfing, when you have no arguments. You just don't want to hear the reality, that is all.

Gaming should be for everyone. Not exclusive to a bunch of kids like you.

Stadia and cloud gaming won't fail as you hope to. They aren't competing with these devices. They have access to a vast computers, which are tons in the world.

In 2019, there were over 2 billion computers in the world, including servers, desktops, and laptops.Aug 9, 2019

There should be more now.

When your service just need browser, you have the ability to reach all these users. You dont need people to buy expensive pc gaming or consoles.

nush

Gold Member

kingfey

Banned
That is not what he asked and you know it. You are manipulating your answer to a question that was not asked. It is cool if you like Stadia and streaming but you seem to be going after anyone that doesn't praise it.
Tell me what games doesn't need internet to play, aside of SP games?
How is my answer manipulating his question?

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
I've gone PC/Stadia/XCloud this gen and I'm loving it

The current consoles are just bleh to me

ps5(don't like the hardware or the games plus the censorship and swj crap)
series x.s(i like the hardware no new games I care about and I already have an xbox one x for the old stuff)
switch(HATE the hardware love the games but emulators exist)

Last edited:

Shmunter

It’s like the argument that 50% of gamers are female. *cough* *cough* , if you count candy crush and FarmVille etc maybe. Core games are male dominated to practically a unanimous majority.

Can’t blame game devs trying to obscure the fact trying to tap an untapped audience. Shame it’s all behind a performative woke byline. It will never happen, girls in general are just less interested in such things.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Gold Member
OP thought process:

"Hmmm. I have big swinging dick internet, but don't want to openly brag about it. How can I counteract how amazing I am as a human being with my gigabit, dirt cheap fibre optic? What can I do to make myself sound less god-like?"

Logo Tenor GIF by Google Stadia

Beer Ok GIF by Busch

reinking

Gold Member
Tell me what games doesn't need internet to play, aside of SP games?
I'm not trying to be mean but that is a dumb question. Again, you are manipulating posts to look for some kind of victory that isn't there. I guess the only answer I can give you is most every single player game can be played offline console/PC and zero can be played offline streaming.

Last edited:

kingfey

Banned
That is not what he asked and you know it. You are manipulating your answer to a question that was not asked. It is cool if you like Stadia and streaming but you seem to be going after anyone
SP games make up the VAST majority of games. Even if that weren't true... You still don't need an ALWAYS online connection to play games on a console. Outside of multiplayer of course.
Isnt
No, I'm saying these gamers will and already are stuck with their shitty phones because that's what they like.

My mother is one of them. Try and convert her from candy crush to a stadia subscription, I'd like to see it.
Is candy crush a billion user game?

There are those who use play cod mobile game, mmo games. Not just the moms folks.

Majority of mobile gamers are Asians. And in Asia, moms wont play candy crush. Its mostly teenagers and adults who don't a gaming system. India and China are major mobile gamers. The consoles aren't that much available in these countries.

kingfey

Banned
I'm not trying to be mean but that is a dumb question. Again, you are manipulating posts to look for some kind of victory that isn't there. I guess the only answer I can give you is most every single player game can be played offline console/PC and zero can be played offline streaming.
There is no one here looking for a victory. You decided to join this conversation as some kind of hero.

This was my point to him
Then why are you playing console games then?

They need internet for update, download games, and patches.

You still have to use the internet.

Man, the logic you guys sometimes is amuzing
And he asked his question, which i then answered to this

Turn off you wifi, and see if you can play the games that I mentioned.

Current consoles are becoming more and more dependent on internet.
There was no dodge or anything.

You just went a head and steered to something else.

kingfey

Banned
Me posting from Asia...

WKcr1oH.gif

The popularity of mobile gaming is most evident in Asia. Data from Statista show that the combined shared market and revenues generated from China and the rest of Asia eclipse those generated by the US. The Asia-Pacific market including China accounts for around USD 72.2B of the global market, equivalent to almost half of the segment’s total market share. Consequently, the US market is at USD 36.9B or 24% of the global market share.

The adaptation of popular games and the creation of new ones debuting on this segment, captures the Asian mobile user demographic, where, for instance, in the Philippines, 78.6% of all gamers prefer to play on mobile, according to GMO survey. In the same study, Asians spend at least 30 minutes to 2 hours a week on mobile games. Chinese mobile gamers are on a league of their own, spending 3 to 9 hours on mobile gaming in a week.

I guess I have no clue what I am talking"lollipop_disappointed:

kingfey

Banned
SP games make up the VAST majority of games. Even if that weren't true... You still don't need an ALWAYS online connection to play games on a console. Outside of multiplayer of course.
Fortnite, warzone, MP games, f2p make up the most of consoles.

Sp games have span of 1-5m sales. At highest is 20m sales. Compared to f2p games, which have more gamers, due to the game being free.

You also have to account sport games, which needs internet for competitive matches. Fps games, which needs internet for MP mode.

IF SONY RELEASED STADIA, 90% OF THIS FORUM, WILL PRAISE IT HIGHLY.
I'm so sick of this conspiracy BS. Not everything Sony does is a hit here or anywhere else.

The way this comment is thrown about anytime anything is criticized, you'd think GAF was full of PS Now evangelists, not GamePass ones.

Guess what. PlayStation has been doing game streaming long before Google or Microsoft. It's not talked about much on here because video game streaming is not desired by anyone serious about gaming, which makes up 95% of the boards here.

Last edited:

kingfey

Banned
I'm so sick of this conspiracy BS. Not everything Sony does is a hit here or anywhere else.

The way this comment is thrown about anytime anything is criticized, you'd think GAF was full of PS Now evangelists, not GamePass ones.

Guess what. PlayStation has been doing game streaming long before Google or Microsoft. It's not talked about much on here because video game streaming is not desired by anyone serious about gaming, which makes up 95% of the boards here.
Its more about the attitude. Not whether Sony would release it or not.

Usually other topics aside of Sony is generally looked down in here. Case in point. PSVR. That tech is still on the infant stage. A good tech. But the amount of happiness, and applause I see, compared to these topic is day and night.

As for psnow, it has its own issues, which Sony doesn't really give a crap about. And less resources than MS, Google, and Amazon. I am glad they did partner with MS recently.

I like that service, since I can play it on my pc. I hope they try to do some upgrades. But with them focusing on their console, I won't expect a big change soon.

Unless they are the ones paying for your hobbies, grow a fucking spine and spend your money on what you want.
Or ditch the people in your life who won't accept you and your hobbies.

Yeah this is some beta shit. Imagine being that cucked by your significant other/family. Shameful.

This 100%. The input lag has been and probably will be for a long time, a hot pile of garbage. Nobody taking gaming even somewhat seriously will ever switch to streaming their games. I wonder how E-SPORT E-ATHLETES would feel if they got their PCs takin away and had to use Google fucking Stadia for their tournaments and practices.

V4skunk

Banned
Hi fellow gamers!
I wanted for some time to write this but was always overwhelmed by the GAF negativity on the subject.
A bit of background before: I am in my 40s and have been a gamer all my life. Started with a Commodore-like computer running Basic games in the post-communist Romania.
Upgraded to a 386 and then AMD 486 barely running Diablo I. It was a PC-driven gaming life since then until family "struck" and I had no time for complex gaming anymore. That's when I bought my Wii followed by the WiiU. Simple and fast-paced fun made me a Nintendo fanboy. Unfortunately the WiiU was a marketing disaster and nobody (besides me apparently) played those great games on the platform. Then the Switch arrived and I have tried with all my power to justify buying and replaying all those WiiU games but couldn't do it. For me, the Switch is dead and I had to find something else but couldn't return to the PC building mess or next-gen nowhere-to-find PS5 (fukin hate Xobox).
This brings me to the point of this topic: gaming on Stadia. I remember dreaming in the 2000's about playing on a powerful server somewhere on the net, me only owning a keyboard, mouse and monitor. Unfortunately the 56k dial-up connection was far from capable of anything like this so it remained just a dream until...3 months ago when I have tried Stadia. The setup was kinda clumsy: Samsung S20 Android phone with Stadia app, Usb-c to hdmi adapter for TV connection and WiiU Pro controller. I was not satisfied with the experience but I could see it is working. After a few days switched to a laptop with HDMI output but it did not have V9 hardware decoding so there was no 4K and I wanted to have that. Still the free games received with the Pro subscription were playable and kinda fun. I found that one of my home laptops had V9 decoding and from that moment I was sold - 4k gaming altho the old hdmi port was old and did not support HDR. Since then I did some more improvements and rigtht now I am happy with Stadia.
Here it is:

• Chromecast with google tv
• Gigabit internet connection (yeah here is cheap - 40RON (10 USD/month)
• Motrix USB-C hub with Power Delivery for ethernet and the adapter
• 8bitdo USB adapter
• PS5 Dualsense connected to the 8bitdo adapter
• 5.1 sound system with ARC
• 65” B9 OLED

Right now I’m playing Tomb Rider 20 years celebration and Farcry 5 at 4K@60hz, HDR and 5.1 sound. Works as advertised.

What is your Stadia setup?
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Fredrik

They treat it as a turd. Only recently they started to release good games.

They don't have a better infrastructure to support their cloud gaming like stadia, Luna, or xcloud being supported.

Most of their investments goes to their console.
I know I’m just saying that PS Now isn’t praised here even though it’s Sony’s Stadia, and more.

Also, most negativity comes from how streaming in general have an unfortunate entry barrier you really can’t do much about. Your internet connection and location can literally make even the best streaming service absolutely horrible.

I think most agree that Google’s tech is good though, and for me it’s giving me by far the best streaming quality.

But unfortunately it also have the worst games library and the least promising future. When even Google don’t believe in the service by closing the 1st party studios, why should anybody else believe in it?
It’s left to slowly die on the sidewalk at this point, outside of Google’s building, Phil Harrison step over it each day he goes to work.

Jack Uzi

Banned
Op stadia is great. Kids here have no idea how good it is.
They are just too much spoiled, that anything that isn't Sony/Nintendo or master race Pc is a trash to them.

They hate cloud gaming, because of their perceived notion, that it will fail.

They have no idea console majority are very tiny.

3 billion gamers last year, and you have 89m switch, 116m ps4, 53m xbox1, 10m ps5, 6m XSx/X. That is how low numbers these guys are.

Cloud gaming is very good, and pretty much future proof.

I had fun playing cyberpunk2077 on stadia, than my pc.

IF SONY RELEASED STADIA, 90% OF THIS FORUM, WILL PRAISE IT HIGHLY.

My only gripe with stadia is Google. Their impatient causes their good product to rot.

I will always support systems that let's majority of people play video games, without spending 500$ for an entry to play limited games. If that device gets broken, you have to spend another 500$ again.

I always love the “If Sony did it” nonsense.

Top Bottom