• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Potential Snowstorm Next Week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cleveland-GAF here. Snow storms don't phase me after all these years. The last one that was really impressive was the '94 (it might've been '93, though) storm. If we're going to get a snow storm, I expect at least 4 feet of snow to drop, damnit.

Wait, is this thing somehow missing Pittsburgh? The second image makes it seem like it's missing us. Why do we always miss the good snow.

I think the second pic is just the worst case scenario of many models that source has simulated so far. They're going to keep watching it before they make an actual forecast

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...10202963352.430992.338552703351&type=1&ref=nf

another one here:
http://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-blogs/meteomadness/snowstorm-potential-for-next-week/19689020

datruth29

That "nice blanket of snow" looks pretty for about one hour until people drive on it and walk through it, turning it into a grey, wet, cold, miserable mess that causes traffic accidents. Winter is shit all around, but snow does nothing other than make it worse.

Yes, but that's a MAGNIFICENT hour!

maxcriden

Oh, man. Hopefully not. Snow tires should be here on Monday or Tuesday. I live in Vermont so I guess I should expect snow in November.

SteveMeister

Hang out with Steve.
Don't worry Mid-Atlantic/DC region -- I'll gas up my snowblower & make sure it's running this weekend. That's a sure-fire way to make sure we don't get any snow.

ITT: The people that have to deal with snow as a regularity as opposed to those who think of it as a novelty reveal themselves.

Lucky bastards that don't have to deal with snow on the regular :mad:

*Looks at calendar

Yup, it's that time of year. Cover up the firewood, bring a stash inside, and make sure you have alcohol on hand.

Snow all over Boston please.

It will, and you know it. I think we managed to miss what...one storm last year, and that was the only one in a few years that we lucked out on.

I've grown to like snow. I have a plow guy that comes over and plows us with his big, strong plow. Then I have to shovel the shit out of his fuck up every single time, because the guy doesn't know that reflectors mean "don't push the snow here."

Lamel

Banned
That "nice blanket of snow" looks pretty for about one hour until people drive on it and walk through it, turning it into a grey, wet, cold, miserable mess that causes traffic accidents. Winter is shit all around, but snow does nothing other than make it worse.

Well if you live in a big city then yeah.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...2.430992.338552703351&type=1&relevant_count=1

The latest Euro continues to dump significant/heavy amounts of snow in the East. This run is west compared to the last run but spans from Georgia to Maine. The GFS and Canadian were east but still bring snow showers. Exact track will change with probably every run so try not to put too much emotion into each. What's important is that the higher-level dynamics for a major storm system are showing...Strong high pressure delivers arctic air and that will collide with some form of warmer coastal energy somewhere in the SE US. Those are the main ingredients to a decent snow storm for New Jersey. I will continue to track this and my position remains the same: If its still showing on Sunday then we should probably start getting excited and prepared. Model image used with permission from WeatherBell Analytics. Be safe! JC

41bxaYM.jpg

The storm in that new map casually skips over NYC.

I don't know what to believe.

its a week away. expect rain.

all options laid out in the OP article don't leave much hope anyway:

A few storm scenarios exist. One is that a coastal low develops near the Carolinas and slides up the East Coast, bringing coastal rain, inland snow and gusty winds.

Another possible option is that this low does not make the turn up the coast and slides out to sea instead. This track would favor a rain and snow mix for the central Appalachians with dry, cold conditions in New England.

A third scenario depicts an unusually strong storm that moves up the coast then backs into the Northeast. This type of setup would lead to heavy snow well inland but rain in the big cities of the I-95 corridor.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
If only this would hit on Sunday during the NFL games. Love watching snow games.

ChaosXVI

I'm hoping it snows here next week, I live in central/eastern Illinois, so I'm barely in the potential path of the storm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom