• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PPP Super Tuesday Dem polls - Clinton leads FL & NC, DEAD HEAT(!) OH/ IL/ MO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tesseract

Banned
Bernie can still win this, fight until the end

Hillary will goof a lot into the next month and beyond

Hit her hard, find a way to get those speeches

Rip Hillary apart, tear her up, destroy her soul

Sure, here: http://www.demrace.com/

I'm not sure how accurate it is in the way it distributes delegates, but it was fun to mess with.

thanks!

as far as I can tell, if its calculations are based off the Green Papers site, then it's probably extremely accurate (though it assumes a uniform distribution of the vote rather than accounting for the popular vote in individual Congressional districts, which is the only thing that might throw it off)

Because they want Hillary to focus on attacking the Republicans. They want a show a "party unity" where Hillary ascends to the Iron Throne at the DNC and lays out a plan for vanquishing the Republicans--like they have a chance of winning the General anyway.

in fairness, at that point it's moreso "a plan for maximizing margins for downballot races" than it is actually worrying about vanquishing Trump

in fairness, at that point it's moreso "a plan for maximizing margins for downballot races" than it is actually worrying about vanquishing Trump

also true. A potted plant could defeat Trump, the dude is toxic and Cruz isn't much better. The Democrats have this easily even if Sanders and Clinton both died tomorrow and we had to run O'malley.

Running up the score in the house and senate should be the top priority from here on out.
I think senate is a foregone conclusion, especially if the supreme court thing is still happening- but we need all the house seats we can get.

Indicate

We'll see Bernie lose NY, NJ, ML and Penn, yes lol.

He has the midwest left, maybe west coast (but not Cali, and least not any huge margin).

It's pointless talking about him getting 20+ wins in NY ect and saying "we'll see" why not just say he's gonna with 30 points in Florida tomorrow while you're at it?

I didn't even see that bit, I realise now he's just joking around.

I can see Bernie taking NY

damisa

I can see Bernie taking NY

Why? He has spent months demonizing the most important industry in the state. It would be like Bernie spending months saying carmakers in Detroit are all frauds who's business is to defraud people and steal their money. Do you think he would have won Michigan if he would have done that? She was also a popular Senator here. I'm basically expecting a big win for Hillary in NY

Neoweee

Was PPP the pollster that got in trouble for cooking their polls to appear more accurate than the competition?

It's a pretty known tendency for many polls to tighten near the end due to poller influence (by tweaking their likely-voter or vote-mix models). I don't think PPP is a special case at all.

It's wrong, but there's a lot questionable stuff in polling, not just a single undisciplined firm.

It's a pretty known tendency for many polls to tighten near the end due to poller influence (by tweaking their likely-voter or vote-mix models). I don't think PPP is a special case at all.

It's wrong, but there's a lot questionable stuff in polling, not just a single undisciplined firm.
There was an outfit in 2012 who used other polls to tweak their polls to appear more accurate and disregarded their own polling to make themselves look better; like, do five polls and only release the one that fell in line with other polling agencies. I thought it as PPP but I could be mistaken.

Miles X

I think ny will look like mass. Hillary victory in city but Bernie winning less urban areas.

If Bernie had won mass i think he could have a shot in Ny. But he didn't..

A lot of Bernie fans think that (naturally), this time it doesn't add up tho.

A case of wait and see though as ever.

Sure, here: http://www.demrace.com/

I'm not sure how accurate it is in the way it distributes delegates, but it was fun to mess with.

Mostly based on talk I've been hearing on other boards. Nothing scientific. And nothing you should be basing any assumption on.

I have heard some people saying Hawaii is kind of a stretch because it's Obama's home turf, and his connection with Hillary should help her there.

Damn, Hillary getting 60% of the vote in Florida compared to 61% of the vote is a difference of six delegates. Crazy.

I think ny will look like mass. Hillary victory in city but Bernie winning less urban areas.

If Bernie had won mass i think he could have a shot in Ny. But he didn't..

Here in Rochester (8 hours west of NYC), Hillary is easily the more popular of the two candidates.

Even with my peers, who are all in their mids 20s. About half or more support Hillary, at least looking at Facebook.

Anecdotal evidence and what not, but New York is basically Hillary's home state. She will win, and probably by a lot.

andthebeatgoeson

PPP was great in 2012. They mostly got shit from Republicans who were mad they were putting out polls showing Democrats ahead.

They did ok in 2014... Had a few misses but so did everyone. They've been good for the primaries so far, Michigan being their only huge miss.

PPP was right in 49 states in 2012 as I recall.

Right after that, though, Nate Cohn and Nate Silver ripped into them for what they considered to be unethical poll methodology -- basically modifying their weights on the fly to make sure that the polls were in line with the polling averages. There wasn't any specific evidence but there was a lot of argument.

So, I mean, you could kind of go either way.

Thank you, my memory was too hazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom