• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pre-load for the Metal Gear Solid: Master Collection Vol.1 has started

GreatnessRD

Happy I See You GIF by Bounce

Esppiral

I have to wonder why MGS1 is so large for a PS1 game.

Some of the PS1 BC games on PS5 are also inexplicably huge:

Oddworld: Abe's Exodus - 3.96gb
Syphon Filter 2 - 6gb
The Legend of Dragoon - 6.47gb
It may contain the Isos for the different releases of the game on the original PlayStation, that is English, french, Spanish etc, every version had its own print and they were 2 discs each

bosnianpie

It's gonna be Konami weak but I can't waaaaaait fuuuck, gonna gobble those platinums so fast

Are there trophies for MGS1 aswell? Can't decide of I'm going to buy this. It feels half-assed like hell but I want to support the series and perhaps get some new games in the future.

nani17

are in a big trouble
One of the trophies for MSG3 has to be beating all the bosses by draining their stamina. Also pc version will get a FPS unlock mod pretty quick

willothedog

I don't get people complaining about it being 1080p. Who needs 4K for a PS1 GAME ??? Are you people insane ? 1080p is more than enough, you wouldn't see a difference on such a game between FHD and 4K.

Day one on PS5.
Why do you need 8.45GB for a PS1 game???

xrnzaaas

I remember being excited about playing MGS1 on a current gen console, but that excitment left the building rather quickly. Zero effort ports require a massive sale for me to want to pick this up.
Are there trophies for MGS1 aswell? Can't decide of I'm going to buy this. It feels half-assed like hell but I want to support the series and perhaps get some new games in the future.
This is just a cash grab. How MGS Delta sells is what matters regarding the future of the franchise.

Tempted to get just the third game to play on Steam Deck at some point but not until later. Way too much else to play at the moment.

StueyDuck

I assume so. I haven't checked myself because I don't want to spoil the trophies, sounds crazy but I know these 3 games to a disgusting degree so I'm curious to see if I can Plat without looking.

Knowing Konami effort though it's gonna be dumb like defuse 500 bombs with coolant

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
So, I don't know where to post this
The Metal Gear JP twitter posted this

And at the exact same time

Tomorrow, the super dangerous song will be released! ( ╹◡╹ ) ♡

Last edited:
Reactions: Isa

RaduN

So, still inferior to just running my MGS2&3 discs in PCSX2 with 3x upscaling (1440p) and 60 fps?
Absolutely.
Mainly because the fucked post processing effects (either missing or way reduced in intensity), and also dust and rain effects.

Pcsx2 plays them perfectly, as of most recent update.

phant0m

Absolutely.
Mainly because the fucked post processing effects (either missing or way reduced in intensity), and also dust and rain effects.

Pcsx2 plays them perfectly, as of most recent update.
smh. i don't ask for much, but once again the emulation community produces better results for free than the multi-million dollar company's "ports"

Elios83

Just to be clear since I've read conflicting reports....is MGS1 running at native 1080p or it's original resolution upscaled to 1080p?:messenger_downcast_sweat:

diffusionx

Gold Member
Why would people be excited to replay very popular and critically acclaimed games on modern platforms? It's a mystery.
it's a shameless, lazy money grab by a company that is just impossible to trust, put out some of the worst compilations in history, and has had horrible messaging and PR on this game.

Preordering this is just insane.

Last edited:

Pipoqueiro

it's a shameless, lazy money grab by a company that is just impossible to trust, put out some of the worst compilations in history, and has had horrible messaging and PR on this game.

Preordering this is just insane.
Metal Gear Solid 3 was one of the first games I bought on the PS2, and I remember how impressed I was by the sound, graphics, and story coming from PS1/Saturn games; Being able to replay them with trophies is a good reason, even if it is available in emulation
However, I won't give the full price, I'll just buy it separately

VinnyMac

Good I can just add mgs1 to my list instead of 2 and 3 already did them on ps3 really no need to do it again.

Top Bottom