• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Predator: Hunting Grounds - Previews.

MiguelItUp

Apparently Overgrowth has been disabled because of a bad bug. :(

Hopefully that's fixed soon! Really looking forward to seeing what the next update is. I hope we find out soon!

MiguelItUp

this completely fell off my radar, how's it going?
It's definitely getting better and better! Recently one of the devs mentioned in an interview that they couldn't wait for the next few months, and that they were really hype. So, here's to hoping for some cool surprises! New map and modes are coming, so maybe we'll finally get some of those.

molasar

Banned
this completely fell off my radar, how's it going?

Summarizing:
1) they slowly try to fix issues
2) paid and free stuff is being released every month
3) they work on free to all one new map and one new game mode
4) a community frequent request about some type of SP mode (no campaign) was officially passed to the development team
5) they work on crossplay invites
6) also there is new main menu animation with different backgrounds

molasar

Banned
These are probably screenshots prepared for an unposted PlayStation blog article.

uvs1jOW.jpg

SdMdJJu.jpg

Y0bs0s9.jpg

suI1O9p.jpg

Last edited:

molasar

Banned
Looks great. The mask could look a bit better but I like the model. I wish we could see him without the mask more in the game. My favorite Predator design:

There are too many complaints about accuracy and his roar sounds. I believe they are going to revise him.

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
God I love Predator and Arnold, I'm gonna have to buy this game.

How's the community is it tough to get games or pretty lively?

VulcanRaven

God I love Predator and Arnold, I'm gonna have to buy this game.

How's the community is it tough to get games or pretty lively?
Its very easy to find games on PS4. I don't know about PC but there is cross-play. You usually find games under one minute if you want to play as Fireteam. The queue time is around 10 minutes for Predator.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

So '87 Dutch as a Sep paid DLC is coming and a new map.

50226479072_8f8d41cb67_b.jpg

50226479337_ed433223e6_o.jpg

Dutch_promo.jpg

Yessssss. Good to see they're getting cross platform invites in as well, along with other quality of life fixes. Looking forward to hearing more next week! They always drop these at the perfect time, haha. Always on days where I'm wondering what's up and when we'll get an update. THEY KNOW!

molasar

Banned
That's unfortunate. I was thinking of buying it once the 87 Dutch dlc was released, but if this is the case I won't even waste my time with the trial.

Patch 2.0 will bring major improvements according to the devs. Therefore there is a good reason to try the free trial this weekend because no one knows if it is bad or good yet.

molasar

Banned
Predator: Hunting Grounds Signed Poster & Dutch 87 DLC (US only sweepstake)

'Three winners will each receive a Predator: Hunting Grounds poster signed by Dutch himself and one code for the Dutch '87 DLC for PS4 or PC.'

signed.jpg

Last edited:

molasar

Banned

kunonabi

I really wish they would quit screwing with perk/gear costs I hate starting a match only to find myself without any gear. Plus most of the changes are fireteam nerfs usually.

So positives from this patch:

Last Man Standing - This has been an issue for while although the real problem was the fact that you couldn't actually hide from the Predator since AI units just gun it for you no matter what especially once the chopper has been called. The increased visibility isn't much of a drawback since that crap isn't going anywhere. I guess the idea now will be to not head for the chopper when solo and just try to take out the Predator instead. Well, assuming the buffs are that good anyway.

Suppressors got buffed but probably still useless.

Ammo increases on some weapons

Lot of fireteam perks got buffed including OWLF Trained, Yautja's Bane, Silent, and Thick Skinned

Yautja Bow got nerfed and War Club got buffed
Several buffed perks for the Predator

Bear trap changes

And the bad:

Lot of perk cost increases. Illfonic really seems to hate fun loadouts. I don't get all these buffs if you aren't going to be able implement them. I suppose this might not be so bad once I start messing with them. Increasing the cost for action hero friggin blows though.

AI does more damage. They already did enough damage and are far too tanky as it is. If they didn't come running every time you try to do any objective it wouldn't be so bad.

Overall not that bad assuming the new costs aren't super borked that is.

Last edited:

molasar

Banned
I really wish they would quit screwing with perk/gear costs I hate starting a match only to find myself without any gear. Plus most of the changes are fireteam nerfs usually.

So positives from this patch:

Last Man Standing - This has been an issue for while although the real problem was the fact that you couldn't actually hide from the Predator since AI units just gun it for you no matter what especially once the chopper has been called. The increased visibility isn't much of a drawback since that crap isn't going anywhere. I guess the idea now will be to not head for the chopper when solo and just try to take out the Predator instead. Well, assuming the buffs are that good anyway.

Suppressors got buffed but probably still useless.

Ammo increases on some weapons

Lot of fireteam perks got buffed including OWLF Trained, Yautja's Bane, Silent, and Thick Skinned

Yautja Bow got nerfed and War Club got buffed
Several buffed perks for the Predator

And the bad:

Lot of perk cost increases. Illfonic really seems to hate fun loadouts. I don't get all these buffs if you aren't going to be able implement them. I suppose this might not be so bad once I start messing with them. Increasing the cost for action hero friggin blows though.

AI does more damage. They already did enough damage and are far too tanky as it is. If they didn't come running every time you try to do any objective it wouldn't be so bad.

Overall not that bad assuming the new costs aren't super borked that is.

There is still Part II of the patch to be released tomorrow with free update.

molasar

Banned

Modes with 30 x 30 capture the flag, defend the base, battle royale or tdm, with a predator or two attacking both sides in a bigger map would be much more fun.
Bots and low players gets too much repetitive.

kunonabi

Self-revive syrettes for the fireteam is a great idea but it all comes down to what its cost is.

Item scanner is probably a waste and I'm not quite sure what the point of the anti-cloaking grenade should really create a timed effect.

EDIT: Item Scanner actually makes items visible to all players so that's not so bad.

Last edited:

molasar

Banned

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

molasar

Banned

molasar

Banned
"It’s a 4v4 with Fireteam and Predator.

New Map: Excavation
This map still features the iconic jungle –but will force both the Fireteam and Predator to think vertically and spatially as they traverse through an intricate multi-level cave system.

New Mode: Clash
Clash is the ultimate 4v4 PVP that puts players in an all-out, no-holds-barred war. Lasting roughly fifteen minutes, two Fireteams will spawn on one of the four Predator: Hunting Grounds maps with one goal:to capture a location before the next capture area spawns. While each team battles it out to claim territory, every point gained and enemy killed fills up your team’s Predator meter. Once filled, the Predator mode is unlocked and one person on your team will become the extraterrestrial hunter."

MiguelItUp

Excited about checking out this update, but man, I am getting concerned cause it seems like a lot of the player traffic has been bleeding off. I hope that we're gonna continue to get large updates from here on out to bring them back in.

Top Bottom