• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Predator: Hunting Grounds - Previews.

molasar

Banned
50395393501_db33712fe2_k.jpg

50395559907_dad0933aa2_k.jpg

50395392956_85bdd831f8_k.jpg

50395391996_ff25858f46_k.jpg

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

molasar

Banned

50536850952_8121e2106f_b.jpg

50536850927_fe13656697_b.jpg

zrdcgH1DoyQgBFdPgK5StBIU.png

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

I just really can't wait for new maps, scenarios, game modes, etc. I uninstalled and haven't played in awhile. It was all I played for a bit, so now I'm just gonna give it some time and come back to it later.

That's some bad ass artwork molasar molasar . Shame the game didn't release with an original single-player/co-op story mode. What they achieved for a budget title is actually pretty fun to play, but it loses it's luster pretty quick. It has stellar audio design though and they nailed that Predator 1 vibe pretty damn well. Miss the old days of AvP2 back on PC in the late 90's though. 3 stellar campaigns that were a ton of fun and each very unique to play.

MiguelItUp

That's some bad ass artwork molasar molasar . Shame the game didn't release with an original single-player/co-op story mode. What they achieved for a budget title is actually pretty fun to play, but it loses it's luster pretty quick. It has stellar audio design though and they nailed that Predator 1 vibe pretty damn well. Miss the old days of AvP2 back on PC in the late 90's though. 3 stellar campaigns that were a ton of fun and each very unique to play.
I wish we got an AVP title that felt and played much like a direct sequel to 2. I enjoyed the last game for what it was, but man, it felt so hollow compared to everything the previous game had.

I was all about Hunting Grounds in the beginning but it lost me. I'm hoping they have some good plans in place for the roadmap to breathe more life into it. We need more than a new human/Predator and some weapons every once and awhile. It's better than nothing! But hey, some more would be excellent.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

molasar

Banned

MiguelItUp

Yeaaaaah... Can't say I'm happy about this at all. I've been in the dark for awhile but watching from the sidelines looking for another reason to reinstall. I saw new character and got excited, but... a football player?

There are SO many characters the community wants and they skirt it to do this...

Eeesh.

Oh well, everything else looks great! So good on them for keeping the updates coming.

Last edited:
Nice patch, all the new gear weapons and fireteam class is neat. Not sure on buffing the predator again....they keep nerfing the FT's while buffing the Preds

They're seriously adding some football player before Glover? This game is really going down the drain.

Down the drain cause of paid DLC that only a small fraction of the player base bothers with? Yea right.

kunonabi

Nice patch, all the new gear weapons and fireteam class is neat. Not sure on buffing the predator again....they keep nerfing the FT's while buffing the Preds

Down the drain cause of paid DLC that only a small fraction of the player base bothers with? Yea right.

Their balance fixes have also been full of a lot of BS. They listen far too much to the whiners than is really necessary.

VulcanRaven

I wonder when we are going to get more movie Predator skins? There are many great ones in AvP and Predators. Most of the DLC costumes haven't been very interesting.

Predator 2 director Stephen Hopkins was on AvPGalaxy podcast recently:

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

molasar

Banned

"And within a couple weeks, a large anniversary update is expected for the upcoming Predator: Hunting Grounds video game.

And it all can come to a screeching halt with one swing of a judge’s gavel, with the news of original Predator creators James E. Thomas and John C. Thomas suing Disney to reclaim the rights to their otherworldly hunter that became famous back in the Summer of 1987."

VulcanRaven

Didn't something like this happen with Friday the 13th game? I hope this doesn't stop the upcoming DLCs. Edit: I just read the article:

The Thomas brothers are legally represented by Marc Toberoff who is known for representing the original “Friday the 13th” creator Victor Miller in a similar case, that has sadly tied up that franchise in legal red tape for years, paralyzing content for fans, and is a case that is currently under appeal.

:(

Last edited:

TVexperto

fuck hat pricing. especially their "regional" pricing

MiguelItUp

fuck hat pricing. especially their "regional" pricing
I mean, $30 USD is incredibly reasonable. I'm unsure of the inflation in other countries, but if it's significant, that sucks. :(

I wasn't expecting this as they mentioned delaying their announcement, I was concerned the court case had something to do with it. This is really cool. Honestly I may buy it on Steam as well just to support them and have it there. Screw EGS.

VN1X

Banned

Oh whut? Just out of nowhere huh? Anyway it's the 29th so why is it not available yet? :lollipop_persevering:

molasar

Banned

molasar

Banned

Last edited:

molasar

Banned

Top Bottom