• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Prediction Age- What will be the next roll of Plantinum X360 hits?

Yamaha98

I am guessing Battlefield 2: Modern Combat to be one of them, since it seems to have dropped in price from $59 to $29 & was quite a seller.

Any other guesses on the next wave of budget next-gen titles for cheap?

goldenpp72

it wont be gears of war.. Maybe phantasy star universe, dead rising, oblivion, dead or alive, saints row, condemned, etc..

Gears will probably be a platinum hit at the end of this year, maybe in mid oct. the same time of year when the first round of games became plat hits(PDZ, PGR3, Kameo, NFS:C). My guess for the ones coming up are GRAW and ESIV:Oblivion.

Smokey

I'm not clear on how MS will be handling this?

Did they announce which games would be PH or something? I just showed up for work one day and saw that the FN box looked a little different and sure enough it had the PH cover and a $29.99 price tag.

bumpkin

Speaking of the platinum hits, does anyone else hate the packaging they chose? If you ask me, they should've kept the same cases and covers, but maybe just put a discreet stripe reading "platinum hits" under the usual 360 strip. It's a crime how ugly they are!

Smokey Bones said:
I'm not clear on how MS will be handling this?

Did they announce which games would be PH or something? I just showed up for work one day and saw that the FN box looked a little different and sure enough it had the PH cover and a $29.99 price tag.

Well they made a little deal out of the the first set but I didn't know FN3 was until now I guess.

http://tinyurl.com/2o2t87

Apparently Best Buy doesn't know that it is a PH either. odd.

bumpkin said:
Speaking of the platinum hits, does anyone else hate the packaging they chose? If you ask me, they should've kept the same cases and covers, but maybe just put a discreet stripe reading "platinum hits" under the usual 360 strip. It's a crime how ugly they are!
I end up buying a trade in copy for the same price instead of those fugly "hits" boxes.

Top Bottom