• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Predictions/Wishlist for Xbox Game Studios July Showcase

Jubenhimer

I did one for Sony, now its Microsoft's turn. Unlike Sony with the PS5, Microsoft already got most of its showing for the Xbox Series X out of the way. They formally revealed the console at The Game Awards last year, had a few videos showing the improved loading speeds, and had a special edition of Inside Xbox Showcasing third party titles coming to Xbox. Now all that's left is to see what Xbox themselves has in store for next gen, games' wise. So here's a little Wishlist/Predictions for what the July First party showcase has to offer.

* Halo Infinite Gameplay Reveal - Gameplay running on Series X, goes back to the original gameplay style of the Bungie games, 60FPS, available at launch.

* Everwild gets a new trailer - Open World RPG similar to Monster Hunter, lots of exotic lands to explore, creatures to hunt. Play alone or with friends, 2020

* Tell Me Why gets a new trailer - Enhanced for Xbox Series X, available at launch

* Playground Games New RPG - It's not Fable. Rather a New IP, more details in the future

* 2 New games from Japanese developers - First, a platformer developed by Arika (Tetris 99, Fighting EX Layer, Endless Ocean), the other an action RPG from Ganbarion (Pandora's Tower, Shonen Jump games)

* Blinx 1&2 remastered - First two games remastered with up to 4K support, 60fps, rebalanced difficulty.

* Ninja Theory segment - Shows new content for Bleeding Edge, BE also coming to Series X, Project Mara gets first official gameplay, and a final name, promises more details on Hellblade II in the future

* World's Edge segment - Shows off the new Age of Empires games coming in 2020

* Forza 8 announced - Coming to Xbox One, Series X, and PC this Fall

* Double Fine segment - New Trailer for Psychonauts 2, and a brand new IP announced for Xbox and PC

* Grounded -New gameplay trailer, details on mechanics, coming soon

* The Initiative game fully revealed - First person shooter with a unique style and gameplay hook. No gameplay.

If Microsoft can manage a show something similar to this, I think they'd do a pretty good job.

The big two for me are Hellblade 2 and Infinite footage, in game demos.

Next-gen Forza would be a nice plus. Something about the new Fable.

If they have anything in-game from The Medium and Scorn, that would be nice too. Show more of The Ascent

Last edited:

Vasto

I want to see what Obsidian, InXile, Playground, The Initiative and Compulsion are working on. Would like to see Microsoft announce a new 1st party studio in Japan.

John254

Banned
Halo Infinite gameplay
Perfect Dark (The Initiative) reveal + gameplay
Fable (Playground Games) reveal
Forza 8 (Turn 10) reveal + gameplay
New Obsidian AAA RPG reveal
Tell Me Why XsX enhanced
Psychonauts 2 trailer + release date
Hellblade II gameplay
Everwild trailer + release date
Age of Empires IV gameplay trailer + release date
Gears Tactics XOne + XsX release date
Grounded trailer
Wasteland 3 trailer
Compulsion Games new IP trailer
2 new studio aquisitions (One Japanese, one Polish)
3 XGS Publishing games reveal

that's all

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
the other an action RPG from Ganbarion (Pandora's Tower, Shonen Jump games)
AdorableLastingHochstettersfrog-max-1mb.gif

What!? Is this true or just rumor, please.....
giphy.gif

GHG

Some info on Forza, Hellblade, whatever Playground are doing and Flight Simulator 2020.

As for the rest I don't expect much but I'm open to being surprised. I would love love love stuff like Kameo 2, Lost Odyssey 2 and a new PGR, but that's just not going to happen.

oldergamer

I did one for Sony, now its Microsoft's turn. Unlike Sony with the PS5, Microsoft already got most of its showing for the Xbox Series X out of the way. They formally revealed the console at The Game Awards last year, had a few videos showing the improved loading speeds, and had a special edition of Inside Xbox Showcasing third party titles coming to Xbox. Now all that's left is to see what Xbox themselves has in store for next gen, games' wise. So here's a little Wishlist/Predictions for what the July First party showcase has to offer.

* Halo Infinite Gameplay Reveal - Gameplay running on Series X, goes back to the original gameplay style of the Bungie games, 60FPS, available at launch.

* Everwild gets a new trailer - Open World RPG similar to Monster Hunter, lots of exotic lands to explore, creatures to hunt. Play alone or with friends, 2020

* Tell Me Why gets a new trailer - Enhanced for Xbox Series X, available at launch

* Playground Games New RPG - It's not Fable. Rather a New IP, more details in the future

* 2 New games from Japanese developers - First, a platformer developed by Arika (Tetris 99, Fighting EX Layer, Endless Ocean), the other an action RPG from Ganbarion (Pandora's Tower, Shonen Jump games)

* Blinx 1&2 remastered - First two games remastered with up to 4K support, 60fps, rebalanced difficulty.

* Ninja Theory segment - Shows new content for Bleeding Edge, BE also coming to Series X, Project Mara gets first official gameplay, and a final name, promises more details on Hellblade II in the future

* World's Edge segment - Shows off the new Age of Empires games coming in 2020

* Forza 8 announced - Coming to Xbox One, Series X, and PC this Fall

* Double Fine segment - New Trailer for Psychonauts 2, and a brand new IP announced for Xbox and PC

* Grounded -New gameplay trailer, details on mechanics, coming soon

* The Initiative game fully revealed - First person shooter with a unique style and gameplay hook. No gameplay.

If Microsoft can manage a show something similar to this, I think they'd do a pretty good job.
Thats an incredibly specific list.

JLMC469

Banned
Things we are going to get
Footage/trailers of:

Halo Infinite
Forza 8
Gears 5 (enhanced)
Studio(s) acquisition
Minecraft with RT

Hoping for:

More Hellblade 2 footage
Teaser of Fable and/or Forza Horizon 5
The Coalition’s new IP
A showcase of the consoles power.

Really interested in what The Initiative is working on. I hope it is Perfect Dark and that it takes cues from Splinter Cell, Cyberpunk 2077, and Blade Runner.

As everybody else, i'm looking forward to Halo Infinite, Hellblade 2, and the rumored new Fable.

Hoping to see some new unexpected blockbuster exclusive announced.

Hoping MS acquires some more AAA studios

Would love to see MS bring back a new AAA Shadowrun,Crimson Skies, or new Banjo.

D

Deleted member 775630

Unconfirmed Member
First video of Fable. Doesn't have to be much, can be similar to the first Halo Infinite trailer we saw# just images from the world. I just want to know they are creating a new Fable

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
My predictions -

Halo Infinite (343 Industries, cross-gen)
> Story trailer, long gameplay trailer, launch title

Gears Tactics (Splash Damage, cross-gen)
> Story trailer, short gameplay trailer, launch title

Hellblade II: Senua's Saga (Ninja Theory)
> Short gameplay trailer, 2022

Project Mara (Ninja Theory)
> Short gameplay trailer, 2022

Perfect Dark Reboot (The Initiative)
> Reveal trailer, short gameplay trailer, 2023

Fable Reboot (PlayGround Games)
> Reveal trailer, long gameplay trailer, 2022

Forza Horizon 5 (PlayGround Games, cross-gen)
> Reveal trailer, long gameplay trailer, launch title

Unannounced AAA RPG (Obsidian)
> Reveal trailer, short gameplay trailer, 2023

Flight Simulator 2020 (Asobo)
> Short gameplay trailer, launch title

Forza Motorsport 8 (Turn 10 Studios, cross-gen)
> Reveal trailer, short gameplay trailer, Fall 2021

Everwild (Rare)
> Story trailer, short gameplay trailer, 2022

Age of Empires IV (Relic Entertainment/World's Edge)
> Short gameplay trailer, 2021

Killer Instinct 2 (Iron Galaxy Studios)
> Reveal trailer, short gameplay trailer, launch title

Psychonauts 2 (Double Fine, current gen)
> Short gameplay trailer, Fall 2020

Wasteland 3 (Deep Silver, current gen)
> Short gameplay trailer, August 28th, 2020

Tell Me Why (Dontnod, current gen)
> Short gameplay trailer, Fall 2020

Assassin's Creed Valhalla (Ubisoft)
> Story trailer, long gameplay trailer, October launch for current gen, launch title for Xbox Series X

Battlefield 6 (Electronic Arts)
> Story trailer, short gameplay trailer, March 2021

Cyberpunk 2077 (WB Games/CDPR)
> Story trailer, long gameplay trailer, September launch for current gen, launch title for Xbox Series X

Dying Light 2 (Square Enix/Techland)
> Story trailer, long gameplay trailer, early 2021
> Xbox One / Xbox Series X / PC
> Microsoft acquires Techland

MoreJRPG

Suffers from extreme PDS
All I want to see is what The Initiative is working on. All the talent in that studio is absurd and I really hope it’s a new IP and not Perfect Dark.

Rolla

Banned
A slate of graphically impressive titles.

When I say "Graphically Impressive" I talking about games that don't look like some version of Fortnite.

If they can provide that then I'm on board with a series X and will make that a Day1 purchase just like the PS5.

Last edited:

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
My wishlist in no Order

1. Ryse 2
2. Forza Horizon 5
3. Cuphead 2 (with more platforming)
4. MechAssault
5. Lost Odyssey 2
6. Perfect Dark (3rd person)
7. Fable reboot
8. Banjo
9. Gears 6
10. Killer Instinct (with a bigger budget)

Obviously Halo Infinite SP footage, but Hellblade for me. I want to see that the game's mechanics have been HEAVILY expanded from the original. I'd also really like to see:

• Gears 6
  • Banjo Kazooie (a real one this time)
  • Perfect Dark Reboot
  • Fable Reboot
  • Splinter Cell
  • Any good looking new IP (its time to out up or shut up)
I'm really excited for it, but I'm tempering my expectations to just Halo, Hellblade, and the inevitable Forza reveal (don't care for racing though).

Captain Hero

The Spoiler Soldier
Tbh I think we are going to see a lot of new IPs but it’s going to be a not finished product .. but it’s better than nothing if MS building something great for the future then I’ll wait and see how it goes at the end

for me I wish :

new horror game ( not Mara )
New Alan wake
New cinematic story game ( third person )
a stealth game ( like Splinter Cell or MGS )

MoreJRPG

Suffers from extreme PDS
My wishlist in no Order

1. Ryse 2

I completely forgot about Ryse, game looks incredible on PC and I really hope they use the Series X to bring it in-line with the PC version to get more people into it. Too bad it was Xbox's version of "The Order."

quickwhips

Too human 2 with dennis is back baby.
1 vs 100 is back family time is xbox
Zombie persistent world game by undead labs
Cliffy announce gears horror game
Marvel xmen game coop action game
lollipop chainsaw is bc now with exclusive sequel
Splinter cell stealth game
Lost odyssey 2
Ninga gaiden type game with a return to ninja gaiden black

turtlepowa

Banned
-I want lots of games from different genres. I'm totally fine with AA games since i had the most fun with smaller games this gen
- Price
- Release date
- Lockhart?
- More infos about the SSD and the system, because with some posts on the internet you could think an apprentice just bought some random components on Amazon (including the slowest SSD available) and stuffed them into a casing

Bryank75

Banned
Cuphead sequel
Splinter Cell
Perfect Dark reboot
New Ninja Gaiden in development.
Obsidian gaining South Park license to make a Fractured But Whole sequel.

Caio

Halo Infinite gameplay
Perfect Dark Reveal
New Fable Reveal
Forza 8 gameplay
Hellblade II gameplay
New Obsidian AAA RPG Reveal
New Call of Duty gameplay

Tiamat2san

Beside the known big hitters ( halo, forza, fable, everwild. Hell blade 2)
All I really want is killer instinct 2.

FMX

My list

1. Halo Infinite Gameplay
2. Fable 4
3. State of Decay 3
4. Killer Instinct
5. Perfect Dark
6. Bleeding Edge update
7. A new Fight Night
8. Battletoads--please not that garbage they showed last year

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Perfect Dark. Give me a third person, stealthy, sci fi gadget based game, with a strong multiplayer component.

That's the big "system seller" for me.

S

Steve.1981

Unconfirmed Member
Playground's RPG. I'm hoping & praying that it's Fable. Even just a teaser trailer.

Infinite gameplay. Open world on a Halo ring. Blow us away 343. Do it.

Something from The Initiative. It's been long enough now. The people need to know what's cooking.

Hellblade 2 information. What's the story, the setting, how big is the game, etc...

Those are the big ones for me. Everything else is a bonus. New Forza, a Gears Tactics console release date, any unknown game reveals...

Top Bottom