• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Prehistoric Planet 2 Teaser - May 22 on Apple TV+

Husky

THE Prey 2 fanatic
I know I just posted another trailer but LOOK LOOK LOOK!
Prehistoric Planet is a stunning nature docuseries about dinosaurs, narrated by David Attenborough. I only recently learned we were getting a second season, I can't wait :lollipop_smiling_face_eyes:

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
I don't want to sign up to Apple TV just to watch this.

Shows and movies that are locked onto a streaming service should be a crime against humanity. A series like this is begging for a 4K disc release!

Gargle on my nuts, Tim Cook!

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Hope they are stepping up the CGI a notch on this, takes you out of the moment a bit too often in the first season.

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.

The whole series will be made available in the span of five days. And from Apple's website:

A monthly subscription is just $6.99 per month after a free 7-day trial

Last edited:

dorkimoe

Shows and movies that are locked onto a streaming service should be a crime against humanity. A series like this is begging for a 4K disc release!

Gargle on my nuts, Tim Cook!
Apple TV has one of the BEST video qualities out there. It makes netflix 4k look like vhs

Aggelos

"This teaser traverses the globe to a land before our time, using the latest scientific research and stunning visual effects to bring audiences never-before-seen species on-screen, including notable dinosaurs new this season:
  • Isisaurus — An Indian sauropod (long-necked, plant-eating dinosaur) that made their home in an extreme volcanic region known as the Deccan Traps, laying eggs in volcanic heated terrain.
  • Pectinodon — A fierce hunter and fond parent, this bird-like North American feathered dinosaur was part of the troodontid family. A sharp-clawed, long-legged predator, it was an adaptable hunter, its teeth and jaws suggesting that many sorts of small animals would have been on the menu.
  • Quetzalcoatlus and Hatzegopteryx — The biggest creatures ever to soar the skies, these gargantuan pterosaurs (prehistoric flying reptiles) were the size of a giraffe or small aircraft and are some of Prehistoric Planets most charismatic characters.
  • And many more."

Aggelos

Episode 1 "Islands"
Two Zalmoxes find themselves adrift towards an unknown land. Several Hatzegopteryx ambush a group of Tethyshadros. Simosuchus have to fend off Majungasaurus. An Adalatherium raises her offspring. Imperobator hunts a Morrosaurus on a frozen lake. A male Hatzegopteryx reveals his gentler side to woo a mate.

Episode 2 "Badlands"
Female Isisaurus traverse the Deccan Traps to reach their nesting site. A mixed herd of sauropods and Prenocephale navigate a maze of canyons, but are ambushed by Velociraptors and Tarbosaurs. Male Corythoraptors protect their eggs from the scorching sun and a female Kuru kulla, who has offpsring of her own. Two juvenile Tarchia locate a desert oasis, but contend with an adult and a group of Prenocephale. Several Isisaurus hatchlings fall prey to Rajasaurus in an attempt to reach their ancestral home.

Episode 3 "Swamps"
Pterosaur hatchlings must take flight to leave their island sanctuary, but are targeted by Shamosuchus. Several Austroraptor contend for the best fishing spots. A male Beelzebufo attempts to attract a mate, but his endeavor is interrupted by a herd of Rapetosaurus. A male Pachycephalosaurus must put an upstart youngster in his place. Two Tyrannosaurus hunt Edmontosaurus under the cover of darkness.

Episode 4 "Oceans"
A female Phosphorosaurus hunts lanternfish under the ocean's moonlit surface. Hesperornis hunt for fish until they themselves are hunted by Xiphactinus. Nostoceras hatchlings are at the mercy of the tides and juvenile Pyroraptor. A Mosasaurus hunts a group of Tuarangisaurus. The young Nostoceras that survived find themselves among Baculites and Diplomoceras in their new seagrass meadow home. A pod of Morturneria sift the muddy seabed in search of food.

Episode 5 "North America"
A Tyrannosaurus and two Quetzalcoatlus fight over an Alamosaurus carcass. A shoal of Sphenodiscus are ambushed by a Globidens, which surplus kills them. At an evaporating lake, juvenile Pectinodon hunt flies while their father hunts Styginetta. Male Triceratops fight and display for the right to mate. A female Nanuqsaurus hunts Ornithomimus to feed herself and her offpsring.

Last edited:
Top Bottom