• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Presidential Debate #1 |Hofstra University| PRESS X TO SEAN

Who won the debate?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
hp7hc2huljb1qpj0oxtb.jpg

http://jalopnik.com/official-honda-account-tweets-then-deletes-im-with-hil-1787118409
Fake tweets are not cool man

TheOfficeMut

Unconfirmed Member
Trump just said he wanted to mention Bill's indiscretions but abstained from doing so out of respect for Chelsea. When pressed he said who knows, he may say it at the next debate.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Trump now patting himself on the back for not bringing up Bill's infidelity in the debate. "Maybe next time".....

Lesath

Well, Trump just went there in the post-debate interview. Talked big about how magnanimous he was not talking about BIll's transgressions with Chelsea in the room.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
My thoughts.

Trump: Better debater, more charismatic, more suitable for foreign policy. His domestic policies would be disgusting.

Hillary: More sane, totally better at domestic policies. She never wanted to address Trump head on though which worries me.

Conclusion: I still don't like either candidates.

im not sure how you can say trump was the better debater? He failed to answer multiple questions. He rambled on and on about things. He interrupted her constantly.

the guy on MSNBC just nailed it. This debate will reassure shithead Trump supporters, but it's going to really kill whatever mainstream momentum he had been bragging about the last few weeks, and he needs growth and lots of it to have a shot in hell at that electoral map. People should be able to breath a little.

Kibbles

Lmao on CNN just now Trump just threatened to talk about Bill Clinton in the next debate. Said he has too much respect for Chelsea Clinton, then the interviewer asked him what he was going to say and he said "Maybe you'll find out at the next debate" so much for not saying it out of respect for Chelsea you just said in the previous sentence then?

grumble

Trump is batshit insane, and his comments about global warming not being a priority made me rage but at least he is making his stupidity transparent.

Hillary is a cold robot spouting an irritating politically correct script in order to win and push the establishment agenda, I'd fear that even more.

I don't know... I'd take establishment over getting into a nuclear war or blowing up the economy. No perfect choice here but that is BAD.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Trump is batshit insane, and his comments about global warming not being a priority made me rage but at least he is making his stupidity transparent.

Hillary is a cold robot spouting an irritating politically correct script in order to win and push the establishment agenda, I'd fear that even more.

Talk about batshit insane.

Who wants a calm and collected President?

Prompto

Banned
Trump just basically said he might bring up Bill Clinton's affair in the next debate and didn't this time out of "respect for Chelsea."

TaterTots

Banned
I don't know what you look for in a debater, but any middle schooler would tell you that you are wrong in thinking that Trump excelled.

Trump is a p.o.s. imo, but he does have charisma even though his message is disgusting. Watching Hillary speak is like watching paint dry.

Linkyn

Ideally, we'll get some poorly thought-out / salty comments via twitter or interviews in the coming days to solidify the messaging from tonight.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

How did Clinton come off as sticking to a politically correct script? She certainly sounded like she had rehearsed and gone through mock debates, but nothing really stands out as overtly politically correct.

RootCause

the guy on MSNBC just nailed it. This debate will reassure shithead Trump supporters, but it's going to really kill whatever mainstream momentum he had been bragging about the last few weeks, and he needs growth and lots of it to have a shot in hell at that electoral map. People should be able to breath a little.
No breathing until he is accepting defeat, or at least crying about it being rigged.

Toxi

Banned
How did Clinton come off as sticking to a politically correct script? She certainly sounded like she had rehearsed and gone through mock debates, but nothing really stands out as overtly politically correct.
She's a woman. Ergo, everything she says is politically correct.

lol, Fox News correspondent upset Lester was interrupting Trump and not Hillary. Also upset he didn't bring up Benghazi or the Clinton Foundation

There's a reason why he won't bring up the Clinton foundation, it's called the Trump Foundation. I hope Hillary will bring that up the next debate.

Calidor

You're saying you fear political correctness and the establishment more than someone you just called "batshit insane".

Nah, I'm just saying that both are horrible candidates. Just give old Barack a third mandate and do a favor to the country

Sianos

Trump just basically said he might bring up Bill Clinton's affair in the next debate and didn't this time out of "respect for Chelsea."

but why would his respect for chelsea change next time

donald you don't get to say "I WASN'T PETTY I DIDN'T BRING UP YOUR HUSBAND CHEATING ON YOU", that defeats the point of not saying it

also looks like hillary on track to win debate 2 before it starts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom