• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Prime Day 2023. July 11-12th. What are ya buying?

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
It's that time again fellow consumers. Black Friday in July. I'm going through my wish list now to see if I'm going to bite on anything. What are you guys looking at?

Reasonable prices for some dumbbells.

Last edited:

Little Mac

So far only protein powder.

Saw the Series S on sale for 199 earlier. Think it was renewed but still a great price for anyone looking for a gamepass machine imo.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Not much of a discount, but it looks cool.

71+EbxylcNL._AC_SX679_.jpg

Probably not buying anything. I haven't bought anything from Amazon in a very long time.

BlackTron

Havent seen anything yet

Some legos and switch games but not doing enough to convince me to cart them

I made a BIG mistake buying the Razer Crest used on Ebay lately, scared it would be discontinued soon, missing a few pieces. Now Amazon has it under $100 oof

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Some good deals on 4k blu rays

NekoFever

Got a new lens, the Sony FE 85mm f/1.8. I’ve had my eye on it for a while and the Prime Day discount took it down cheaper than any used price I’ve seen, so I went for it.

£399 for a like new one on MPB; £359 for an actually new one on Amazon 🤷‍♂️

300$ for dumbells

Wtf
$332 is a steal in current year. People sell those Bowflex adjustables used for $400.

Mine get here on Friday :messenger_tears_of_joy:
Jocko Fuel Creatine Monohydrate Powder - Creatine for Men & Women, Supplement for Athletic Performance & Muscle Health, 90 Servings 16 oz (Unflavored) https://a.co/d/8iCjZnG
Jocko is that I'M SO MOTIVATIONAL guy on the podcast circuit yeah? It's still nearly 2 bucks an ounce versus like a dollar for the cheaper brands. Am I missing something?

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
$332 is a steal in current year. People sell those Bowflex adjustables used for $400.

Mine get here on Friday :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Jocko is that I'M SO MOTIVATIONAL guy on the podcast circuit yeah? It's still nearly 2 bucks an ounce versus like a dollar for the cheaper brands. Am I missing something?
What's the cheaper one? On a quick comparison I did this was the cheapest one by ounce.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
I didn't see that. Amazon wants to push the "name" brands I guess. I don't see why this would be any worse than the name brand stuff.

damn sat with mario kart in my cart too long. physical no longer avail....anyone want to offload their used one to my kids :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Last edited:

Blade2.0

I thought about getting echo frames but they were $99 last year on prime day and only 169.99 this year so seems kind a ripoff, honestly.

HoodWinked

3lb good brand whey protein with 50% off S&S and $10 coupon
Comes out to $21
No prime

Last edited:

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
First world problem but I already have everything that I want / could get from Amazon. I'll buy some toilet paper in bulk to participate.

eddie4

Genuinely Generous
I don't have prime, nor do I see anything interesting that I want to spend money on. So, technically I saved 100% on everything I bought.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
There's nothing I really wanted, maybe a well-supported 13.3" laptop with good Linux support but I didn't see any with appreciable discounts.

So, I just bought a screen cleaner set since I am about out, a 900 thread count sheet set, and new light throw blanket since it doesn't seem like it's going to be getting any cooler here any time soon.

LordOfChaos

Wondering if I should get the Soundcore Q30 or the Q45 Space

The Rtings comparison is such a mixed bag going to the top end Q45, but the user impressions on reddit seem to say they're better than that objective test...Confusing.

3lb good brand whey protein with 50% off S&S and $10 coupon
Comes out to $21
No prime
Damn, best it shows me is $7 off on S&S. It has been a tradition for years now that I end up picking up a ton of protein powder on Prime day, but this time I didn't find too many deals. I got 2lbs of Muscle Milk isolate whey for like $17, that is it.

Eotheod

Really struggling to find anything worth it in Australia. Though being in a quasi depression doesn't help the situation for spending. Its the weirdest feeling ever, both having money to spend but also not having money to spend due to the ridiculous pricing of things now.

Is the Echo Pop worth it? It's $29 at the moment, but not sure on quality. I have a Google speaker thing but used it a few times then basically ignored it.

Last edited:

Drake

Looking for an Android tablet to read comics/manga on. Was looking at the Lenovo tab M10. $125 right now and I'd probably buy like a 256 or 512 microsd card.

Picked up some wireless Sony earbuds. Really hoping sound quality for wireless earbuds has improved, because I remember buying some Motorola Bluetooth headphones way back in like 2000 and they sucked ass and barely stayed in my ears when running lol

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
Looking for an Android tablet to read comics/manga on. Was looking at the Lenovo tab M10. $125 right now and I'd probably buy like a 256 or 512 microsd card.
I haven't kept up with tablet news, but I'd check the reviews on Amazon's latest fire tablet, big discount on a product that was already competitively priced.

demigod

It's that time again fellow consumers. Black Friday in July. I'm going through my wish list now to see if I'm going to bite on anything. What are you guys looking at?

Reasonable prices for some dumbbells.

Bowflex is not good, its awkward to hold. Powerblock is better and i think cheaper too.

I haven’t seen anything on sale that i want, like a projector.

Last edited:

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
Their servers must be swamped. It took me about four tries to order my groceries on Amazon Fresh. The site kept on crashing with a message that it was on their end. You'd think by now they would have this stuff resolved.

Bry0

i bought a 64gb ram kit and a 4tb 2.5 Samsung ssd. Decided to just piece out and sell my nas since I really don’t need it. Just gonna stick the data I need to backup on the external drive, and copy the more important stuff to some hdds I have sitting around for a little cold storage. Mostly just built it one weekend because i was bored and had half the parts sitting around tbh. Lol

Last edited:

badblue

Prime Day is a marketing thing and I'm pretty sure there is some evidence to show that there isn't really any reduction in price from the norm.

I need to get some new underwear and despite a 30% off, it's the same price as it was last week.

Soo.... I bought nothing.

Laieon

Bought some movies:

Alita: Battle Angel (4K)
Batman Collection (4K)
Mummy Trilogy (4K)
Tampopo - Criterion Collection

Not sure if any of them were actually marked down for Prime Day, but that's what I ended up picking up. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Last edited:

BlakeofT

I bought a new sd card for my Switch. Upgrading from 256 GB to 512. It was $30 "on sale", and according to camelcamelcamel, it was $40 lowest price before that. So I'm happy!

I'm preparing for the inevitable Square Enix eshop sale, which I expect to be either this week or next, so I can buy the 3D Final Fantasy games.

Top Bottom