• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pringles continues with their holiday flavor obsession with Pecan Pie flavor

Status
Not open for further replies.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Pecan Pie Pringles Hit Shelves for the Holidays

Remember the crime that was Pringles Pumpkin Pie Spice, White Chocolate Peppermint and Cinnamon & Sugar? Apart from tasting like toothpaste and spoiled sweeteners, the holiday flavors were a far cry from delectable.

However, the head honchos over at Pringles Corporate aren’t going to quit that easily and recently debuted their newest seasonal flavor: Pecan Pie Pringles.

Spotted by an Impulsive Buy reader at a Dollar General store, the new chips have garnered an expected slew of whatthef*ckery.

HOHkjbr.jpg

starmud

im still in shock at how well the sweet flavored potato/pita chips do at christmas... it sounds utterly disgusting.

grim-tales

I dont like the idea of 'sweet' Flavoured crisps, they sound.. bleurgh :( I know Salted Caramel in puddings and the like are becoming more popular in the UK but it just sounds weird.

Remember 10 years ago when Jones soda would come out with stupid flavors like Christmas Tree or Turkey and Gravy? These would be a perfect complement.

I like salty/sweet as much as any good peanut butter eating American, but these are over the line.

I wonder how much overlap there is between the people that enjoy these monstrosities, and the barbarians that gobble up buttered popcorn flavored Jelly Belly jelly beans.

grim-tales

I admit to developing a taste for Belgian chocolate covered popcorn (its gorgeous), but chocolate covered crisps sounds odd and way OTT!

ito007

Pringles, this is an intervention.

you have got to stop this obsession. we saw what you did with sour cream and onions, and saw just how great you can be.

you were living the dream. we were a little taken back with the bacon and ranch, but hey we new you were just having a little fun.

now... *starts tearing up*... now you are doing this christmas stuff... *bawls*... and now i dont even think i know you anymore. whats wrong with just being happy with pizzaria or bbq?

pecan pie!? seriously!?...

dont come back until you can look at yourself in the mirror and say you want to actually try to become part of this pantry again.

please... get help

Rocketz

Sounds similar to this:

lays-chicken-waffles-flavored.jpg

or this:

12.jpg

I love chicken and waffles but the chips are gross. But chocolate covered potato chips are actually good.

In response to the OP, at first I was thinking no way these can be good but hey I would at least try them before I tossed them in the garbage.

I dont like the idea of 'sweet' Flavoured crisps, they sound.. bleurgh :( I know Salted Caramel in puddings and the like are becoming more popular in the UK but it just sounds weird.
Funny you should mention the UK and salted caramel... Tesco are selling Salted Caramel crisps at the minute. They are absolutely shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom