• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pringles Leak Xbox Series X Price

Straight conversions are tough to rely on, but it's not unfathomable.

The long and short of it is the XSeX is going to be between $400 - $700. I can't imagine a scenario outside of MS wanting to commit harakiri to their hardware segment where they would price it higher or lower.

Vawn

Banned
We've been through this. They guesstimate the price when the price hasn't been revealed.

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year
Same as this, means nothing.

Indeed.

And funnily the article alleges that the price has been leaked and then basically tries clumsily to explain how it's not ACTUALLY the price lol.

Forbes contributors strike again, and some people quaff it down like Koolaid. 😂

Last edited:

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
After hotchips I think that both will be 599USD and PS5 DE could be like 550? I think that's pretty fucking cheap, if you take into account, how much fucking phone cost and it stays with you for 1-2 years. You don't need such expensive phone, but somewhat, it's better to have one like that....

FFS I am buying 3090 and that shit cost more than both consoles and even that is insane deal in comparison with previous gen. I also love how people are saying that crypto is scam, however I am paying for IT stuff only with crypto and my portfolio grows everyday. So good luck just staying with FIAT money.

Last edited:

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Bitcoin will be regulated out of existence. By the way, bitcoin is bad for the environment as it consumes horrible amounts of electricity to mine.
I am not using POW cryptos, I rather do POS/MN type of stuff. So I am consuming like 9W of electricity on RPI Pi 4B 8GB I then switch those coins to BTC and buy my shit. I mine sometime,s when new project came out, sure, however not 24/7 like some maniac. I recently withdraw for shit and gigles around 10k EUR worth of Bitcoin through IBAN/Bank and it worked and fees were around 1.25EUR, so far it's great.

I also lean more towards Cryptonote algos, like Monero, etc. since they are not traceable so far. So far biggest distributor in here take cryptos with very little fee and that's fine by me. It works so far. What is going to be in future, hard to tell, but so far, I cannot complain.

Last edited:

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Xbox DOA if it launches at $599 with no compelling first party launch games?

Depends, lots of 3rd party games near launch will take advantage of it plus the slew of older games updated to take advantage of it as well.

See what other goodies might be bundled (sure it will at least have a few months of game pass ultimate).

That said $600 is a big ask for a video game system especially this year.

Ten_Fold

$599 isn’t bad, my iPhone cost around $800 so it isn’t too bad. I always assume the ps5 will be between $499-699.

3liteDragon

Idk tbh, $599 for XSX sounded insane for me at first. But after looking at this slide, that price point’s looking more and more likely now.

1Bi0PAp.jpg

?

thats what I said, ps5 was rumored to be more (ssd cost) or will that match the price.
Take the loss and lower the price. That isn't both consoles equal.

The ps5 may be more expensive because of the SSD or the XSX may be more expensive because its more powerful.

We both know why you went the angle you went with.

Straight conversions are tough to rely on, but it's not unfathomable.

The long and short of it is the XSeX is going to be between $400 - $700. I can't imagine a scenario outside of MS wanting to commit harakiri to their hardware segment where they would price it higher or lower.
Everyone can do the splatter. The box will from 200-900 try again Timmy

i miss when consoles were $99-199

sucks y'all are so insecure about flops...we could have comparable tech with a few compromises that would be much more affordable

not sure you have to live in a cardboard box to know throwing money away is stupid

Yoboman

Didnt we do the price estimation from another brand doing a prize as well? And it turns out they just tale the highest estimated price x the number of units in the prize pool

cryptoadam

Banned
I can see a few months of game pass included to balance out the no pack in game.

599 seems about right. PS5 probably the same so what choice do you have?

Play ure ps4 pro or xbox one x ? Ha what are you some peasant?

Batiman

Banned
Seems about right. MS putting out the xss is a really smart move in today’s economy. Give me that XSX tho

We keep seeing the same numbers come up again and again from different sources.

Sure, it might all be guess work, but it's suspiciously consistent guesswork.

I'm still thinking the delay in announcing prices and the XSS is all down to how cheap Sony are willing to go on the Digital PS5.

If there's no XSS, Sony don't need to discount as heavily.

If the PS5 Digital is no cheaper than the disc version, then MS potentially don't need the XSS at all, and can avoid the inevitable bad press from graphics comparisons, or eventual customer dissatisfaction at the idea the XSS is holding back next gen games.

reinking

Gold Member
So 600 for Xbox $700 for PS5 or will sony take the loss and match the price?
You post this kind of FUD in almost every console related thread. You keep saying how you are a PC gamer and do not care about one console over the other. You keep saying how you have owned Sony consoles in the past and your are not bias. Yet, every console related thread you have to give some kind of misinformation about the PS5. I am staring to think you are one of those people that pay a console tax just so you can criticize it and then claim "I can't be bias because I have one." It is just weird.

On to the topic. I have said all along $500 for both consoles. I am starting to think they are both going to be higher but I do not expect either to break $600. Good luck to both if they do because no way it will saturate the market at that price. Sure, pre-sale will be fine because fans are going to pony up but goodbye "best console generation" even at $600. I am sure we will no more next week (crosses fingers).

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Take the loss and lower the price. That isn't both consoles equal.

The ps5 may be more expensive because of the SSD or the XSX may be more expensive because its more powerful.

We both know why you went the angle you went with.

Guess I’m not understanding you, thought it was commonly accepted the Ps5 was going to be more because of the SSD being much more $$$.

What ever, Sony took a loss on the PS3 at $599 not crazy to assume they would take a loss again to match Xbox series x. If you wanna make something more out of nothing it’s on you buddy not me.

Top Bottom