• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Europe Xbox Series X for 399€ and S for 229€

Diddy X

But I visit stores here in Spain and Xbox is not even on display anymore, it's all PS and Switch, I don't know what strategy MS are following but I doubt they are gonna grow much here in Europe in these circumstances.

Last edited:

Tsaki

December sales data will be so interesting next month.
Will Xbox get a boost? Then that means people want an Xbox or a console but the price is a big factor. And MS doing those and losing more money per unit means they see it as a worthy loss in order increase their marketshare.
Will it not do much? Then there are other issues with the brand that price does not cover.
It's also interesting they go so ham on promotions now compared to November.

twilo99

It was discounted at 399 or less during black friday too but it didn't help

I wouldn’t think so , Europe needs these at around $250 to maybe make a difference, but even then, the PS mindshare there is very robust, so even that might not be enough.

400 is still something I guess

Mahavastu

It's working well
In Germany 7000+ Xbox Series X sold vs 4000+ PS5
Just looked at Amazon.de :
5000+ for PS5 Slim with Drive, only available after Black friday
5000+ for old PS5 with drive naked
8000+ for old PS5 with drive, FC24 bundle
2000+ for old PS5 digital naked
700+ old PS5 with drive, MW3 bundle
300+ old PS5 with drive, 2 controllers bundle
600+ PS5 marvel spiderman edition
400+ PS4
200+ PS4 Pro
Total = 22200

7000+ XBox Series X
2000+ Series S Starter Bundle (3 month GPU)
400+ Xbox Series X refurbished
Total = 9400

for both there were Editions / Bundles without given sales number, but I guess the sales numbers were just too low.
I could not find all bundles. for example the PS5 disc + Spiderman2 Bundle had a pretty good price during Black Friday and probably moved some units.
Currently there seem to be discounts for the XBoxes, but not or Playstation, so their numbers might grow faster now then it would normally do. I assume the sales numbers are for the last 30 days.

Last edited:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Sony was running discounts to push out old HW to make room for the Slim. This is something completely different and WAY more extreme.

But they still have both versions of the ps5 being sold in retail in the UK. So I would say they were pushing for that 25 mill hardware target more than anything.

It was Sony that announced what their target for this year was and they realised how far behind they were with new hardware around the corner.

They've still not sold out of the original ps5 after like 3 months at the sale price.

Sony are killing Microsoft but the market has definitely slowed down and both companies are trying to set a fire under their sales.

Mr Hyde

No price cuts where I live but if Series S is dropping to 150-100€ I'll probably pull the trigger. That's Gamecube level of discount.

cireza

Excellent price, definitely worth it.

Sony was running discounts to push out old HW to make room for the Slim. This is something completely different and WAY more extreme.
I think I recall that they had actually produced too many consoles by making off estimates of the sales numbers, which lead to too much stock at retailers, and forced them into selling at a discounted price. Not exactly a great situation.

Last edited:
Top Bottom