• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pro Evolution Soccer 2015 Review Thread

Malcolm9

This may sound odd, but the best thing for FIFA is for PES to be decent again.

EA have rested on their laurels far too long and for me the series took a nose dive in the gameplay department from Fifa 12 onwards.

What EA need to do is massively improve their AI, and to stop the game feeling so claustrophobic in the midfield/final third of the pitch. The games just end up like basketball matches swinging from end to end, there is no real decent build up play because the game isn't designed to be played that way.

Slow the game down, tone down the contain even more, allow for matches to have a variety of playing styles, not just kick and rush with a mixture of lobbed through pass for a 1v1 more often than not.

They have everything else in place, but the gameplay is the big area FIFA fails for me.

Gibbo

This may sound odd, but the best thing for FIFA is for PES to be decent again.

EA have rested on their laurels far too long and for me the series took a nose dive in the gameplay department from Fifa 12 onwards.

What EA need to do is massively improve their AI, and to stop the game feeling so claustrophobic in the midfield/final third of the pitch. The games just end up like basketball matches swinging from end to end, there is no real decent build up play because the game isn't designed to be played that way.

Slow the game down, tone down the contain even more, allow for matches to have a variety of playing styles, not just kick and rush with a mixture of lobbed through pass for a 1v1 more often than not.

They have everything else in place, but the gameplay is the big area FIFA fails for me.

I thought both Fifa 13 and 14 were steps in the correct direction, with a departure from ping pong football to something which required slow build up play.

Fifa 15 threw all that out of the window. The ping pong passing is back in full force, tactical defending is broken, game favours players with pace, goalie AI is shit.

It frustrates me that none of the reviwers are picking on these points.

Steroyd

Interesting, normally there's if, buts, maybe's when it comes to Fifa versus Pro Evo at least in reviews over the past few years, but a resounding fuck yes it's Pro Evo's year, makes me really tempted to shove it up the purchase schedule.

Vol5

Interesting, normally there's if, buts, maybe's when it comes to Fifa versus Pro Evo at least in reviews over the past few years, but a resounding fuck yes it's Pro Evo's year, makes me really tempted to shove it up the purchase schedule.

The demo is fantastic - I had no doubt this year.

Malcolm9

I thought both Fifa 13 and 14 were steps in the correct direction, with a departure from ping pong football to something which required slow build up play.

Fifa 15 threw all that out of the window. The ping pong passing is back in full force, tactical defending is broken, game favours players with pace, goalie AI is shit.

It frustrates me that none of the reviwers are picking on these points.

Problems like defenders pushing up too high still plague the series, and since FIFA 12 the momentum in games swings way to wildly, where one moment your team is fine then suddenly they can't pass or shoot for toffee, and their movement becomes sluggish.

I find mechanics like that in a game unforgivable, control should be down to the player, not the com deciding to handicap your players abilities.

Loved the demo, good to see reviews are resonating with what I felt with both football games this year. Pre-ordered today, its been a while since I bought WE.

nampad

Just played my first 2 matches of Fifa 15, which I bought last week, yesterday -.-

The PES demo played good, only the pass assistance was horrible. Hope they tweaked that. Might go with both games again this year.
One of my brothers is into PES, the other and my friends are more Fifa players. Not sure if they would be willing to play PES. Unfortunately, Konami fucked up too often in the past to sour everyones opinion about the series.

FIFA wasn't particularly good this year but if the full game of PES is like the demo then I'm not buying it. Why cant they just make PES 6 with new graphics?

Top Bottom