• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pro Wretling fans: Hilite of TigerMask VS Dynamite Kid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ripclawe

Banned
I have comp tape these highlights are from, I will upload some whole matches, gives me an excuse to screw around with windows media encoder.

Triumph

Banned
Holeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee shit.

Makes me almost want to cry, thinking about the shit that masquerades as wrestling these days. I would pay $50 for the opportunity to see what Dynamite in his prime and Chris Benoit in his could do. Just the one match, and I'm pretty sure it would be more than worth the money.

Minotauro

Finds Purchase on Dog Nutz
Awesome, awesome shit.

While we're on the subject, who was Tiger Mask during that period?

I also want to echo Duke's statements. Watching RAW and then watching some of those clips make me feel sick to my stomach. Man, I really need to get back into puroresu. Anyone have any hints on where to start?

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Minotauro said:
Awesome, awesome shit.

Satoru Sayama. The original Tiger Mask. His bouts with DK were so ahead of their time it's not even funny.

TM II - Mitsuharu Misawa (who goes on to arguably become the best all around wrestler in the world...ever. Edit: Actually, I'd make him second. Jumbo Tsuruta is #1)

TM III - Koji Kanemoto who is DAMN good Jr.

TM IV - Complete mystery. Born in Michinoku Pro, his real name and such has not been released. He's just Tiger Mask. Currently in NJPW doing VERY well.

kid-benoit.jpg

Minotauro

Kintaro said:
Satoru Sayama. The original Tiger Mask. His bouts with DK were so ahead of their time it's not even funny.

TM II - Mitsuharu Misawa (who goes on to arguably become the best all around wrestler in the world...ever. Edit: Actually, I'd make him second. Jumbo Tsuruta is #1)

TM III - Koji Kanemoto who is DAMN good Jr.

TM IV - Complete mystery. Born in Michinoku Pro, his real name and such has not been released. He's just Tiger Mask. Currently in NJPW doing VERY well.

Cool. Thanks for all the great info. I assumed the guy in the vid was Sayama. It was either him or Misawa and he seemed to be a bit quicker than Misawa is.

shoplifter

Sayama was just fucking amazing back then. Hell, he was still on it at that Michinoku/WWF/ECW show they did a few years back in Japan.

Minotauro said:
Awesome, awesome shit.

I also want to echo Duke's statements. Watching RAW and then watching some of those clips make me feel sick to my stomach. Man, I really need to get back into puroresu. Anyone have any hints on where to start?

What have you seen? I dropped out of puro for awhile, I'm mostly on an older WWF kick right now. You know, Ultimate Warrior, Hulk Hogan, Rick Rude ecd. They aren't puro Gods, but that's not what I want right now. Like you and others, I'm burnt/grossed out on todays product.

Anyhow, I'm unsure of who the top dogs in puro are now, but there are some kick ass All Japan tapes I used to watch. Giant series '99, Kenta Kobashi: At my best, anything with Vader in All Japan, Best of Misawa volume 1 is great (Has some TM tapes and his stuff against Gordy, Kawada).

I've watched and rewatched this hilite so many times....I hear some people call their matches sloppy, and the old NWA fans really seem to have a hard on about dissing Sayama...but for my opinion, a good TM/DK is one of the best matches you'll ever see.

Minotauro

Biff Hardbody said:
Anyhow, I'm unsure of who the top dogs in puro are now, but there are some kick ass All Japan tapes I used to watch. Giant series '99, Kenta Kobashi: At my best, anything with Vader in All Japan, Best of Misawa volume 1 is great (Has some TM tapes and his stuff against Gordy, Kawada).

Back when I watched puro regularly, I watched stuff like this. As far as I can tell, AJPW is in much worse shape than they used to be. They have Kawada and Muto but it seems like NOAH took the majority of their top tier guys--Misawa, Kobashi, Akiyama, etc. Other than NOAH, I think NJPW is supposed to be pretty good. There also seems to be a lot of overlap between them and MMA--shit, Fujita is their heavyweight champ. Other than NJPW, there are a lot of worked shoot feds making waves.

A few years ago, I was also a big fan of Toryumon. Do you know if they are still one of the top junior indies?

shoplifter

Bog said:
I should post my El Dandy vs Jerry Sags highlight videos.

I support this effort.

I would also support something from

ELLLL BRRRRRRRAAAAZO DE PLAAATAAAAAAA

SUUUUUUUUUUUUPERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

PORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRKY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom