• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PROJECT BEAST (PS4, From Software/SCE Japan Studio) - First WebMs [Port beg = ban.]

Status
Not open for further replies.
So is this going to be a PS4 exclusive?

What exactly makes this game so special?

I'm confused about the amount of hype this 18 second clip is getting...

It's made by the guy responsible for Dark Souls. Which is, in my opinion, one of the best game ever made. A lot of other people here think so as well it seems.

Can't wait for the graphical downgrade!

Dog-Slaps-Man-in-Face.gif

Something I'd love is if humanity is replaced with sanity. Instead of gathering humanity or things that would grant you humanity, instead of having to be human to summon players and engage in PvP, all of that is dropped and sanity takes its place.

The more sane you are = you don't get invaded as often, enemies aren't as vicious when it comes to tracking and combat patterns, the environment becomes brighter, day time is more common and longer if there is a day/night cycle. You don't collect sanity, sanity will never be an item, its a state of mind based on how well the player is doing.

What causes low sanity? Getting killed constantly, running through areas instead of killing enemies in that area, failing at helping players in PvE.

What would low sanity do? Enemies attack the player more viciously, traps are hallucinations but cause the player to get damaged, ghosts and demons are seen, ghosts and demons attack the player. Nighttime will be longer, bosses begin to morph and change into more frightening things. Enemies start to look different, enemies attacks and patterns would change.

How do you gain sanity back? Beating area bosses, clearing areas of enemies, helping players in PvE.

That's something I thought of as well. I think that would be a really cool mechanic. Only thing is I think there should be a way to balance it. Just getting harder and harder when you die isn't the best idea.

Something that really should be in the Souls games is a night day cycle. Makes a lot of sense really. Especially DS2, that could have been the emphasis on torches right there.

aravuus

Something I'd love is if humanity is replaced with sanity. Instead of gathering humanity or things that would grant you humanity, instead of having to be human to summon players and engage in PvP, all of that is dropped and sanity takes its place.

The more sane you are = you don't get invaded as often, enemies aren't as vicious when it comes to tracking and combat patterns, the environment becomes brighter, day time is more common and longer if there is a day/night cycle. You don't collect sanity, sanity will never be an item, its a state of mind based on how well the player is doing.

What causes low sanity? Getting killed constantly, running through areas instead of killing enemies in that area, failing at helping players in PvE.

What would low sanity do? Enemies attack the player more viciously, traps are hallucinations but cause the player to get damaged, ghosts and demons are seen, ghosts and demons attack the player. Nighttime will be longer, bosses begin to morph and change into more frightening things. Enemies start to look different, enemies attacks and patterns would change.

How do you gain sanity back? Beating area bosses, clearing areas of enemies, helping players in PvE.

Essentially: die a lot, suck at the game = the game gets even more hellish. Get good, the game starts to get less eerie and more fairy tale-ish.

This is a really cool idea, but sounds like something that could get waaay too complex really fast

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member

Essentially: die a lot, suck at the game = the game gets even more hellish. Get good, the game starts to get less eerie and more fairy tale-ish.

That's a great idea.

Cyrano

A multivariate system would be more interesting, like Darkest Dungeon. I kind of doubt this will happen though. The games seem much more focused on combat with each passing iteration.

sub_o

POMF POMF! Demon's Souls
but what's the white sticky stuff on me?
King Allant played me until,
I'm full of blood and dirt.

Majmun

Not this shit again. I though the leak meantioned it was a collaboration between From Software and Sony's Japan Studio, just like Demon's Souls.

How the hell would this not be a Ps4 exclusive?

Lucent

Project Beast lOTl HOLY SHIT/FUCK

But seriously, E3 freakin' redeemed! I really hope they show a lot more than this during E3. This looks great though. I really hope what the guy is wear'n is just for trailer purposes like the armor in Dark Souls II. I mean it's cool, but I'm gonna want choices.

MormaPope

Banned
Project Beast is exclusive, all the inside info to this point would have to be wrong otherwise.

There really shouldn't be any bellyaching though. Dark Souls 3 will come out on Xbox One/PS4/PC. It would be shocking if Dark Souls stopped after Dark Souls 2, as that series could be equivalent to Final Fantasy for From Soft.

Kayant

Can't wait for the graphical downgrade!

Yh like all the other PS4 exclusives... oh wait...

Doubt it.

Yh about that
Prepare for disappointment

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=110390845#post110390845

Edit -

It clearly says it's a rumor? It says it twice in fact.

I won't be surprised if it's a timed exclusive.

It's either a full exclusive or a multi-plat. If it's in production with Sony Japan how would it be a timed exclusive? it will be like saying Deep Down is timed.

corruptdemandingamerivqsw7.gif

This has to be the single most badass thing I have seen in any next gen game.

Character just walks up to this ridiculously horrific demon and whips out a blade like he just doesn't give a fuck.

squidyj

I like the level and encounter design in the souls games, and the variety of weapon and magic movesets that vary your playstyle and decision making, but I wouldn't be unhappy to see a more populated and less oppressive atmosphere from a game with some similar mechanics. And perhaps a different approach to character progression.

NateDog

The video screams Solomon Kane. I'll play it no matter what type of game it ends up being, but I'd strongly prefer another Souls type game where the guns are optional.

I was trying to figure out what title I could see when I looked at it, thank you for reminding me. Don't get me wrong the game looks good I just don't get the crazy hype here about a 20 second clip, especially after Dark Souls 2 (and yes I know Miyazaki is now president of From but I want to see a good improvement after DS2 was more of a poor expansion pack to me than a new game that picked up where DS ended).

Also this is has nothing to do with PS4 exclusives being downgraded graphically, this is down to Namco and their lack of transparency over their dealings with certain titles in the last few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom