• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PROJECT BEAST (PS4, From Software/SCE Japan Studio) - First WebMs [Port beg = ban.]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kagari planted the seeds of doubt prior to last E3, too. :D

MISDIRECTION -> leading to -> SURPRISE!
Believe!

we all know S-E is now in the 'heart-breaking' business. She's probably telling the honest truth :(

Bundy

Banned
Sounds like Crash Bandicoot.

I hope it's not Crash Bandicoot.

EONY7UA.gif

Kuro

Does anyone think its possible they'll scrap the character customization and the character we see in the leaked footage is the one we play as throughout the entire game?

Nemmy

This art direction and atmosphere, HOLY SHIT. I really, really wanted to see a game in such a setting since I don't even remember when.

And it actually exists.

Fireflu

I love that circular aura of light around the player. Similar to Dark/Demons Souls ambient glow but with an actual shadow being cast on the floor.

Could this be a similar system to Demons Souls with the glowing crystal object on the players hip? Also i'm curious how this will affect dark areas in the game, removing the need for a torch (if there even is one in this game).

off topic,sorry,can not post a thread,so I post here,
Here is a leak of e3 from a Chinese game media,UCG, biggest game media in china,
Link:http://weibo.com/sfsucg?s=6cm7D0
@游戏机实用技术官博
UCG刚刚得知了多款即将在本届E3展SONY发布会上公布的游戏,其中有两款实在是太震撼了,编辑部的新老玩家都欣喜若狂!可惜目前我们还不能透露详情,一旦情报解禁,一定会第一时间在这里和大家分享!
(60)| 转发(414) | 评论(140)
5月30日 18:30来自微博 weibo.com

Brief translation:
We have got info. from sony of their new games announcement this e3, two of which are so great, that both new and old gamers will be shocked. Can not talk about detail now.
Someone pls start a new thread and discuss

hope its the return of the Bandicoot

velociraptor

Regarding Sony's E3 Presser, Thuway hinted on his Twitter that Project Beast was likely 'The Megaton' on their show. It seemed like we weren't going to get many new games besides the expected (The Order, Uncharted, Driveclub) and remasters.

zma1013

I love that circular aura of light around the player. Similar to Dark/Demons Souls ambient glow but with an actual shadow being cast on the floor.

Could this be a similar system to Demons Souls with the glowing crystal object on the players hip? Also i'm curious how this will affect dark areas in the game, removing the need for a torch (if there even is one in this game).

I don't see how it would change dark areas at all when those other games, as you said, have their own light aura around the player. The light is only like a 10 foot diameter.

BadWolf

Does anyone think its possible they'll scrap the character customization and the character we see in the leaked footage is the one we play as throughout the entire game?

Highly doubt it, Souls is known for all its options and customization.

And it isn't unusual for them to use a certain character set for advertising purposes, like that one armor set for DS2 that they used for the reveal and beyond. And they used the fluted armor suit or whatever for Demon's Souls.

Nemmy

I hope not, I want to customize my own badass Van Helsing.

Hoje0308

Banned
Regarding Sony's E3 Presser, Thuway hinted on his Twitter that Project Beast was likely 'The Megaton' on their show. It seemed like we weren't going to get many new games besides the expected (The Order, Uncharted, Driveclub) and remasters.

Project Beast, UC4 and a showing of The Order that doesn't come off as a total fucking disaster would be enough for me. Driveclub already has me hooked, so there you have it. Decent E3 even without the other games that already have my interest.

Well given that most of the trailer has leaked already, we can only hope they've changed their plans.

ced

I've been thinking that given how distinctive the character here is, and the shotgun and odd folding blade.

Maggots

Banned
Looks like it could be fun... but from a visual stand point im not sure this looks as good as everyone is making this out to be...

also..FRAMERATES

RIDE THE HYPE... ITS ALMOST HERE

I've been thinking that given how distinctive the character here is, and the shotgun and odd folding blade.

But wouldn't that mean no Souls multiplayer? Would seem strange to have invasions/summonings if everyone has the same character model.

Orayn

Might just be the game's "cover" character, like the knight in fluted armor for Demon's Souls and Elite Knight Armor for Dark.

Mifune

Mehmber

Thuway doesn't know everything. Even he readily admits that. Project Beast was the only new game that he knew about. Doesn't mean there aren't more. Who am I kidding, of course there are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom