• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project CARS 3 announced for PS4, Xbox One, and PC

scalman

why in my mind i think that i saw PC2 videos that looks better then this new game gameplay there..bright colors, kinda flat lal looking. its not even good Shift game and i love Shift, so not sure what this game is . forza looks miles better then this sunny brighty racing at least what they showed us.
this

i just dont wanna play this same as i dont wanna play Grid . and cars sounds like shit there.
i still i wont forget ever that Shift 2 trailer with that mindblowing exhaust sound
thats how you make a trailer. listen to it very loud

Last edited:

Griffon

giphy.gif

Barnabot

today youtube recommended me this video from a year ago

kinda foretelling the exact fate this game is currently having

why in my mind i think that i saw PC2 videos that looks better then this new game gameplay there..bright colors, kinda flat lal looking. its not even good Shift game and i love Shift, so not sure what this game is . forza looks miles better then this sunny brighty racing at least what they showed us.

maybe because codemasters is not using the madness engine on this one imo. and that might explain the lack of pit lane or fuel or even tyre indicators . and that's worrisome.

D.Final

Banned
Due out this summer

PCars-3_06-03-20.jpg

-----------------------------------

No announcement for next-gen consoles but they commented on NG hardware benefiting racing games, in general

————————————

Sequel is more “pick up and play”

—————-

Great news

Heres some drifting gameplay without assissts, camera shake/gforce effects etc.
Much better ;-)

Any game that comes out this summer, whether it is Project Cars 3, Ghost of Tsushima, everything in between, I just can't help but wonder what they would like on next-gen hardware that is so close to launching.

LostDonkey

Heres some drifting gameplay without assissts, camera shake/gforce effects etc.
Much better ;-)

That looks even worse if you ask me. It just cements the arcade handling model they've gone for. Nobody would be able to drive a car like that around the track and not end up in a wall.

It actually looks like Driveclubs handling which is to be expected with Rushy working on it.

Edit: Speaking of Rushy, I've just been reading he has now joined a new team called Avalanche Studios under Studio Liverpool? Can anyone confirm. Has he left his post at SMS?

Last edited:

TJP

Paul who worked on pCARS 3 for 18 months & completed a few pC3 interviews has left SMS/CM:

Ian's shill machine is back to full steam again:

Annotation-2020-06-09-145315.png

Funny thing is he said he same about NFS Shift, NFS Shift Unleashed, pCARS & pCARS 2.

Whilst I hope he's right, I feel AMS 2 will be a full and complete sim experience using the Madness Engine. pCARS 3 will likely be a more relaxed racing game aimed at a more general audience.

D.Final

Banned
Paul who worked on pCARS 3 for 18 months & completed a few pC3 interviews has left SMS/CM:

Ian's shill machine is back to full steam again:

Annotation-2020-06-09-145315.png

Funny thing is he said he same about NFS Shift, NFS Shift Unleashed, pCARS & pCARS 2.

Whilst I hope he's right, I feel AMS 2 will be a full and complete sim experience using the Madness Engine. pCARS 3 will likely be a more relaxed racing game aimed at a more general audience.

Cool

Bogroll

Likes moldy games
I might get this especially as there is no new Forza this year and after the disappointment of Assetto Corsa Competionze on console.

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
Career mode structure looks nice, I wasn't a big fan of the calendar from previous pCARS games even though it made you feel more like a real racing driver. For example I was skipping many invitiational events after completing them once.

I also like how there are race challenges in pCARS 3, feels like Driveclub left a big impact on the entire racing genre. :)

Miles708

I might get this especially as there is no new Forza this year and after the disappointment of Assetto Corsa Competionze on console.

Looks quite good graphically, not outstanding, but if it runs at 60fps on base consoles I'll be all in.

I have the feeling, in the second video, the Shanghai circuit shows how the internal cam has a camera that maybe, mayyyybe is a little too much zoomed in, so the scenery appears a bit too big and the sensation of speed gets penalized a bit too much. I would fiddle with that camera, personally.

scalman

Ohh couple roads cars, that nice but just like 10 of them so not a lot choice. Might check but to buy it just for career road cas doesnt look worth it at all.
So its career road car mode are less then gts arcade mode.

Last edited:

CAPSOL

I'm going to try PC3 before pre-judging. Project Cars 2 is still one of the best simcades out there(better than Forza or GT imo) with a solid career mode. I expect PC3 tol atleast meet this standard and even surpass it, even if theyu are tailoring more to the casual racer.

CrysisFreak

Banned
>more arcadey than it's predecessors
Yeah I am erect.
I just discovered this and think it looks VERY good.

Is it targeting 60 on PS4 Pro?

Can someone tell my why my brain remembers PC1 and PC2 to be waaay prettier? Is there something tricking me here?

Project Cars 1, especially for it's time, was better looking than Project Cars 2. Better lighting overall, better detail in the cars, and more attention to detail all-around.

Project Cars 2 is a mixed bag. At times it's great, but often it looks outright terrible. That might be the cost of it's physics engine, 32 car fields, and still the best weather system in a sim racer with basically unlimited weather options.

Project Cars 3 footage released so far looks almost identical to Project Cars 2 (2017 game), and often looks worse than Project Cars 2 does on PC, especially with a decent reshade preset. A lot of the tracks they've shown in gameplay footage look to be straight asset flips from Project Cars 2 as well with the same issues in the same places. This time though, they've toned down the sim element so I'm not sure why the visuals have stagnated so much.

scalman

why it looks so average on videos at least. both visual and car handles very arcady, and so littoe number of cars in this day is very poor number .
yes it doesnt need good specs on pc but damn it looks nothing like forza 7/horizon 4

CrysisFreak

Banned
why it looks so average on videos at least. both visual and car handles very arcady, and so littoe number of cars in this day is very poor number .
yes it doesnt need good specs on pc but damn it looks nothing like forza 7/horizon 4

32 cars on track is not a poor number imho. You're not getting more than that on Jag CPUs.
The handling is simcade like Driveclub.

Top Bottom