• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project Cars coming to Next Gen, PC, SteamOS- Fall 2014

JordanN

Banned
What's up with people always looking shocked to hear that there is wiiu version for this game ? They are far into its development already had a video of the game running on wiiu about a year ago (I think) too.. XB1 , PS4 will be easier because they can use PC assets easily with these two. Wii U also somewhat has similar hardware considering they are all amd cpu's and graphics cards ... Just a lower Image Quality.

Wii U has an IBM PowerPC CPU, which differs to the x86 AMD ones in PS4/XBO.

jond76

Banned
Wow. Not a huge racing fan but this is cool news. Congrats to the devs for branching out. More competition is good. And the eye candy is always nice.

ibwfnTU2dXDuB8.gif
wow @ that suspension

Time for shit to get real.

Will absolutely pick this up.
Unless Horizon 2 comes out at the same time

Wait, do I get this for free? Hah.

Megatonne

Banned
So did they drop the PS3 and 360 versions? And fall is late :[ we are probably looking at November next year pending NO DELAYS (which i doubt).

Does anyone know how to get into the PC beta

CamHostage

What's up with people always looking shocked to hear that there is wiiu version for this game ?

Because it's a rare bird.

But it's great news, I was very concerned as this game went on and console plans seemed to be in its rear-view that the Wii U plan would fall by the wayside. (By the way, they mentioned 'console versions' or something like that, but Wii U was the only confirmed system, am I remembering that right?) This is a very capable system that deserves all varieties of game releases, and while some major publishers have turned their snooty noses up at the system, there are game makers who are still ready to support (and hopefully profit from) the Wii U platform.

Whaaa, no Vita version? J/K.

paskowitz

Is it arcade or simulation?

Sim-ish. ATM the physics are still a bit rough. They are aiming for simulation, but honestly, I do not expect them to reach iRacing levels of realism.

I have a suspicion this game is going to embarrass the heck out of a lot of other racing titles.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
As for the architecture, it's actually quite different from the new hardware of XB1 or PS4, but their engine programmer worked on the NFS:MW WiiU port and the pCARS port seems to be going well.

I've just seen that. I hope high hopes for the Wii U version. NFS:MW U is a great port. One of the best actually.

sajj316

This is really good news! Another challenger has entered the console racing simulation arena! Much welcome!

Sim-ish. ATM the physics are still a bit rough. They are aiming for simulation, but honestly, I do not expect them to reach iRacing levels of realism.

I have a suspicion this game is going to embarrass the heck out of a lot of other racing titles.

I am hoping it embarrasses both GT and Forza because those two really need to step their shit up for the Next gen, Forza more so than GT.

hesido

Some of those gifs are magnificient.

They need to make raindrops on the windshield go upwards, at that speed there's a lot of wind hitting the screen and this contradicts with the speedy feeling. Seems like nit-picking but when you are doing some things you need to go all the way, otherwise it's better to not have it at all. I'm sure they can make that without affecting performance, doesn't have to be full on water simulation, just shifting things around based on speed could make it much more convincing.

edit: Ah Kazunori.. Gran Turismo perfectly illustrates the point:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKuq8yQ4Hx4

The rain drops are more frequent in relation to the speed and they go upwards/sidewards with respect to speed and direction. Looks superb.

EDarkness

I'll be there day one on the Wii U. Has there ever been a sim racer on a Nintendo platform? I might consider the PS4 if I have one when the game comes out.

Top Bottom