• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project CARS (crowdsourcing) racing sim by Slightly Mad Studios (fully funded 3.75M)

caramac

Excellent, that really increases the longevity for me.

Is it only against "friends" or can you select any ghost on the leaderboard?

Me too, if l had a pound for every lap I've done around Maple Valley on FM 2,3,4 I'd be rich beyond my wildest dreams.

saladine1

Keys have just been sent out from Green Man Gaming if anyone has ordered from there. I've pre-loaded and am ready to go!

sueil

With the leader boards being wiped and no one else having raced the track yet I am now world record holder of Donnington. I'm sure that will last.

Mascot

What's the deal with preloading on PS4? The digi version is preordered and my machine is in snooze mode - does that mean it'll start downloading as soon as it's available? Is this likely to be staggered before midnight tonight so the servers don't break under load?

Never done this before.

danowat

Banned
What's the deal with preloading on PS4? The digi version is preordered and my machine is in snooze mode - does that mean it'll start downloading as soon as it's available? Is this likely to be staggered before midnight tonight so the servers don't break under load?

Never done this before.

It should do, although I could have sworn that when I preordered Bloodborne it downloaded a couple of days before release.......

_machine

Ultra is really overkill and aimed at the very high end hardware or even the future. Especially Environment Maps and Reflections at Ultra are something you probably don't want to do, they are very, very heavy.

I've noticed in a few console gameplays than AI cars sometimes seem to teleport to a very near position. It's something very weird as the AI pathfinding is refreshing not frequently enough. I've not seen that for 4 years in my pc sessions. Maybe is multiplayer desync?
Is it just replays or live game too? It could be caused by compressed data in replays, but I really have no idea about it. Can't remember ever noticing anything like that from my gameplay sessions though.

sueil

So does my 780! I go from like 50-60 fps at ultra on most settings down in the mid 20's. God it looks good at least.

Hedrush

Has the UK pre load started yet? I'm not at home and I'm trying to start the download via the PSN Webstore but it's just saying it's in download queue.

NA PSN went back and added a preorder for Magicka and still didn't bother to put anything up for Project Cars.

You can preorder Destiny DLC.

WTF.

LilJoka

Absolutely. My 2700 at 5 ghz HT ON can put more than 46 fps with lots of cars reflected over the track.

Considering a 4790K is atleast 10% faster clock for clock, that would make it on par with a sandy bridge at 5Ghz, more inclined to believe its to do with the track/weather/tod combination.

What GPU and is it overclocked? As their 980/970 have quite low clock speeds.

MaLDo

Considering a 4790K is atleast 10% faster clock for clock, that would make it on par with a sandy bridge at 5Ghz, more inclined to believe its to do with the track/weather/tod combination.

Of course, on sunny weather there are not reflections, a track with more geometry will have more complex reflections and the number of cars is critic too.

The game is gonna become the new Crysis of GPU and CPU bechmarks for sure.

I7-5960X + GTX 980 only getting 48 fps at 1080p with 20 opponents in the rain, and the maximum AA settings aren't even used in those tests. Le Mans in the rain with 55 AI at max settings is gonna cause meltdowns lol.

Hopefully the day 1 patch on PC has other optimisations in addition to fixing the grass performance and we also see some better drivers in the near future.

Also I'd love to see someone test max AI at Le Mans in the wet on console and see how they stack up.

MaLDo

The game is gonna become the new Crysis of GPU and CPU bechmarks for sure.

I7-5960X + GTX 980 only getting 48 fps at 1080p with 20 opponents in the rain, and the maximum AA settings aren't even used in those tests. Le Mans in the rain with 55 AI at max settings is gonna cause meltdowns lol.

Hopefully the day 1 patch on PC has other optimisations in addition to fixing the grass performance and we also see some better drivers in the near future.

Also I'd love to see someone test max AI at Le Mans in the wet on console and see how they stack up.

Grass performance was fixed in build 998 iirc so is an old fix already. You only have to tone down reflections to High instead of Ultra to achieve really great framerates in Le Mans with 45 cars (I can't remember how many of them in that shot)

2880x1620 + MSAA + FXAA + Anisox16

pCARS64%2B2015-05-03%2B23-42-36-26.png

Top Bottom