• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project GAF Inn - $5,000 for a mark in Obsidian's Project Eternity [FUNDED!]

Izayoi

Banned
I've already spent well over $1000 on Kickstarter in the last month alone.

It hurrrrtttssss. I will think on it.

I've already spent well over $1000 on Kickstarter in the last month alone.

Yeah, you can't let that happen.

I limit myself to maybe ten $1s a month, depending on if anything looks really interesting/like a good investment. Oh, and if I have a job.

I plan on pledging $35 to Eternity if I get this Spirit job, since that tier gets you a behind the scenes thing (which they are not PRing at all).

Mindlog

Sometimes gaming GAF's nearly religious zealotry for every aspect of a favored company can get old.
Sometimes we get behind the right cause.
My cockles are warmed.
We did good GAF.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Asked before, but can we use Amazon payments? Long story short, I can't add my bank account to Paypal because their system is stupid, so I can't add funds. Can only pay for stuff with debit/credit.

There aren't any fees for a personal transfer on Amazon as far as I know.

I already pitched in $20 to help fund the game...considering helping out here too but I'm low on funds right now. Give me a little time to think it over. :)

Thanks AgentWhiskers and everyone else!

Paypal security called me right now. Too much transaction for a new account. You guys are awesome! :p

I told them what it was for and they decided not to lock the account. *phew*

33 Backers
$660/5,000 PLEDGED!
(Average of $20 per NeoGAFfer!)
Biggest donation: $50.00!

Asked before, but can we use Amazon payments? Long story short, I can't add my bank account to Paypal because their system is stupid, so I can't add funds. Can only pay for stuff with debit/credit.

There aren't any fees for a personal transfer on Amazon as far as I know.

I shall open Amazon account just for you when I get home! I want as many people to support as they can without any hurdles! <3

"So. It's for a video game."
"Yes."
".... I'm sorry, I need to put you on speaker phone. Can you repeat that?"
"It's for a joint account for people to bid on a 5k Kickstarter video game reward."
".... oh God, we need to get accounting in here...."
"What?"
"Okay, you'll need to tell the story again in like - five? five - minutes, then we'll open your account back up."

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks AgentWhiskers and everyone else!

Paypal security called me right now. Too much transaction for a new account. You guys are awesome! :p

33 Backers
$660/5,000 PLEDGED!

I shall open Amazon account just for you when I get home! I want as many people to support as they can without any hurdles! <3

Awesome. I will double my planned donation to this from $25 to $50 for your effort with this.

GAF Bed and Boozery go!

Sometimes gaming GAF's nearly religious zealotry for every aspect of a favored company can get old.
Sometimes we get behind the right cause.
My cockles are warmed.
We did good GAF.
That's what I was reflecting about. There's been a lot of shit flinging left and right with the Wii U announcements in particular, it's pretty tense and polarized.
And then, there's this whole sequence of events, where a darling dev launches what sounds like a CRPG fan wet dream, it gets funded fast as hell.

The next thing you know, we're funding our fucking inn in said CRPG. How awesome is that, seriously?

(not to mention Black Mesa and a Stranger's Wrath patch, surreal week for PC GAF)

wrowa

I think it would help immensely if a mod could edit the current funding level into the thread title (similar as to how it's done in proper kickstarter thread). Just to rise awareness that this is an active thing that is happening right now.

Deepo

The gift option in PayPal isn't available from my country (Norway). Any tips for how we can get around that?

Edit: I'll give the Amazon account a try when it's up.

Dodecagon

works for a research lab making 6 figures

Not a big paypal fan, but I trust amazon implicitly and have no problem contributing when the account is up. Let's make this happen GAF, don't let that 5k spot go to waste.

Bad news: Amazon Payments is not available outside United States. :(
I'll see what I can do but chances are bleak. Sorry guys! :(

EDIT: This is for receiving money, not for the payment to Obsidian. That is already covered.

Good news, we've hit $700 mark!

35 Backers
$700/5,000 PLEDGED!

Bad news: Amazon Payments is not available outside United States. :(

I'll see what I can do but chances are bleak. Sorry guys! :(

Good news, we've hit $700 mark!

35 Backers
$700/5,000 PLEDGED!

Do you mean to pay or to receive?

Uh? I have kickstarted projects using an international CC.

Receiving. Some people can't use Paypal so they wanted to see if I can do "Amazon Payments". It's a separate service of it's own.

I'll contact Amazon tomorrow and see if they can allow me to use the account. Hell, I don't mind opening a US banking account as long as Amazon allows it!
Sent some money.. havent even pledged to the actual kickstarter yet lol
As I've said before: this is the Kickstarter.

Eternity is simply the stretch goal.
You guys are simply amazingly nuts! :D Thanks for this!

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Haha thanks. You doing this actually got me more inspired. This is what I've been doing for the past hour:
18a89ad04f3df3d1b01c91cf8fb52a26-d5espzz.jpg
D: is that ol Kuro I see in the back there near Evil Lore?!

Argh....already put 20 in...but...must....back....artwork......

guit3457

Yeah, me too. I live in Spain and I have paid all my Kickstarter pledges with Amazon Payments using my spanish credit card.

I can send more money if we need it later but I prefer to wait if more people are interested in this. We have to leave some room to newcomers :)

tnaden

I think ChipIn works around this problem right?
I've had no issues sending money to people in the US before using it, maybe this is some kind of special case..

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
Gave yesterday! Just wanted to chime in that I'd also prefer the Bishop's Hammer to Banhammer- more fitting in the setting while still being an injoke to those in the know.

Almighty

Well one could always have something like The Hammer of Banishment, The Banishment Hammer, maybe even just The Banisher or Bishop's Banisher.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Since I can't pitch in because Paypal is retarded, I don't have much of a say...

But Banhammer or something like that is a bad idea because it's not unique to GAF. I'd rather see something meaningful to this forum and rather than something generic that is more of a representation of every forum ever.

Bishop's Banisher

Actually, this could work, of those suggested in the last few posts.

Top Bottom