• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project IM (PS3/360/PC) Shots & Trailer (COOL)

Borys

Banned
!!! MULTIPLATFORM !!!

Wrong thread title :(

Zero Point's Project IM
Danish developer set to unleash FPS hell on next-gen consoles. First movie and screenshots inside.
by Jeremy Dunham
Click here to find out more!

November 29, 2005 - Over the Thanksgiving break, Copenhagen-based development studio Zero Point software announced that it is currently working on a brand new first-person shooter for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and Windows PC platforms. The first of a planned trilogy and game known as "Project IM" will be steeped heavily in science-fiction lore and focus on co-op gameplay and realistic mechanics. As is the trend with next-gen shooters, Project IM will also utilize Epic's Unreal Engine 3 technology and is currently in the pre-development and negotiation phase (re: it's in need of a publisher).

Additional gameplay details are pretty scarce. Though it is known that the storyline is set far into a "believable future" where players assume the role of a newly-enlisted Special Forces soldier armed to the teeth with weapons, armor, and gadgetry. Moreover, up to four simultaneous players will be able to participate cooperatively and missions will be randomized and non-linear. Tactical and role-playing elements are also expected.

Project IM will likely not see release until 2007.
To view the first demo trailer for yourself, just click on the media page below. There are a handful of new screenshots to go along with it, and Zero Point expects to release a full three-minute concept trailer in Q1 2006. Check back for more as it develops.

Thanks, Deg.

Wow, this looks totally cool.

930874_20051129_screen001.jpg

930874_20051129_screen002.jpg

930874_20051129_screen003.jpg

930874_20051129_screen004.jpg

930874_20051129_screen005.jpg

Project IM is Sci-Fi FPS adventure game, where the player takes control of a newly enlisted Special Forces soldier.

Trailer:
http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/adventure/projectim/media.html?sid=6140538&autoplay=6140538

EDIT: Wait this is old? :(

Borys

Banned
Doube D said:
new to me and if it actually does look like that, then it sure looks to be pissing ALL over the unreal engine from a lighting perspective.

Way to PWN oneself - it runs on UE3.

Doube D

Borys said:

PWN oneself? I suppose I should have said UT2007? A lot of things run on this engine, (including the travesty that is the x3660 game from namco)... doesn't mean they look the same.

Borys said:
what

It looks like 3DMark05 - Return to Proxycon FFS. And no PC game before has looked that good.

Seriously, I don't know what bad looking PC games they are talking when looking at these pics. This looks great, it has an extremely cohesive smooth sharp edged clean look, especially that second pic and the one with all the boxes, the subtle light and shadows are nicely done.

OniShiro

Banned
I'm not saying it looks bad, I'm saying it looks like a bad game, a bad pc game, it gives me bad vibes, too much effort put into graphics but lame gameplay, and anyway the art design is pretty bad, the robot and the soldiers are the ugliest thing since wallguy.

Borys

Banned
OniShiro said:
I'm not saying it looks bad, I'm saying it looks like a bad game, a bad pc game, it gives me bad vibes, too much effort put into graphics but lame gameplay, and anyway the art design is pretty bad, the robot and the soldiers are the ugliest thing since wallguy.

Ahh, I see. It's up to devs then - they already nailed the graphics, time to move on game design (*cough* Doom 3 *cough*).

Speevy

Banned
OniShiro said:

Bad vibes? Criticizing the developer's effort? Wallguy? Um...

Doube D said:
new to me and if it actually does look like that, then it sure looks to be pissing ALL over the unreal engine from a lighting perspective.

Borys said:

Now guys... No fighting amonst the Sony whores. ;)

In DD's defense, if no one told me I would have never guessed this game as a UE3 game.

i can't wait to shoot an endless stream of bullets at a metallic expressionless robot in a generic setting, that seems like a lot of fun to me

Borys

Banned
Mike Works said:
i can't wait to shoot an endless stream of bullets at a metallic expressionless robot in a generic setting, that seems like a lot of fun to me

Shut up, DICKLESS FUCK.

:p

Speevy

Banned
Mike Works said:

The expressive, candy-filled robots are on vacation.

Borys

Banned
You know guys, you are all right - this looks like a generic, bland, PC/ Xbox shooter BUT it also looks like the best generic, bland, PC/ Xbox shooter ever.

The graphics whore in me is satisfied.

Speevy

Banned
Halo 1-3 playable on the 360
Mass Effect
Too Human
Project IM

12 games of sci-fi excitement. This is like the 360's version of JRPG's.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Am I the only one that can see a game still doesn't have a publisher just by looking at it? :lol

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
not only does this look like Thexder 95, I'd much rather play that too.

Borys

Banned
Speevy said:
Halo 1-3 playable on the 360
Mass Effect
Too Human
Project IM

12 games of sci-fi excitement. This is like the 360's version of JRPG's.

Who taught you math? Priest or blacksmith?

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
Looks like crap.
Ditto PS 2.5?

i think people are forgetting what real games look like on Ps2 and xbox!

alternatively, people are too used to rendered screen shots.

If this is what the game looks like - and it probably does - then, hell, looks okay to me! Artistically might be a bit average, but technically... hires, nice FSAA, etc..etc...

what is PS2.5 about that?

Mrbob

I don't know if I can handle dreary interior enviroments in FPS games anymore. Yeah it looks nice but we see picturs of what may be the hanger and the inside of a building. And the squad look like bad Storm soldier rejects. I need more outdoor locations and various places to travel.

Top Bottom