• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project P-100 (Nintendo/Platinum Games) announced for WiiU [Director: Hideki Kamiya]

Forever

Banned
I'm pretty sure IS was just published by P*.

It was published by SEGA, I think Platinum outsourced the work.

Reposting for the new page:

Eurogamer glowing preview:

Snippet:

Like Viewtiful Joe, it's easy to look at the screen and be completely overwhelmed by what's going on. Once you're playing, though - guided by each little piece of feedback, from a recharging battery to the rumble of a successful attack - you might as well be right inside the game world, stuck on the other side of the screen dodging between retro-futuristic roadsters, taking on bubble gum card invaders and filling the air with shards of sci-fi armour that mingle, in a rather pretty manner, with clouds of drifting cherry blossom.

Excited? This is the star of Nintendo's line-up, if you ask me: the game I'll be keeping my eye on most intently during the countdown to the Wii U's launch. It took just fifteen seconds of a ten-minute demo to fall in love with what Platinum's created. The rest of the time was spent with the realisation that Christmas suddenly feels like a very distant prospect indeed.
It's only fitting really. After all, Project P-100's the debut Wii U offering from Platinum Games, and it's the latest title from amaze-o action director Hideki Kayima. It's also, for me, the game of E3 2012, no questions asked. No questions whatsoever.

duckroll

Infinite Space was codeveloped with Platinum Games and Nudemaker, and published by Sega.

I don't think there's much co-development there. Platinum Games kinda just helped them get the funding and stuff. Pretty much the entire game was Nudemaker.

Kajiba

Is there like a page or a post that have all of the videos of this game posted? Want to see more gameplay of this game.

Gbraga

So, I hear this is like a good Pikmin?

image.php

evolution

This is the only Wiiu game I'm interested in. I actually don't want it to come out at launch and get crushed by nsmbu. Kamiyas games always get killed with and end up with no sequel

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
This is the only Wiiu game I'm interested in. I actually don't want it to come out at launch and get crushed by nsmbu. Kamiyas games always get killed with and end up with no sequel

He basically gets it right the first time anyway, so it's not too bad and this means we actually get new IPs frequently

just over a minute in this preview kind of sucks because it sounds like these dudes are seriously lacking in gaming knowledge.
"I didn't think Platinum made Viewtiful Joe. I thought they only made Devil May Cry 3, I don't remember them being the Viewtiful Joe guys. I thought that was Clover."

*closes tab*

If you're going to be named GameXplain, knowing what you're talking about really, really helps.

Roto13

The only one of his games that hasn't had a sequel is Bayonetta.

He just hasn't developed any of them. :p

TreIII

We don't talk about them (there's 3 of them)

4. You're either missing Red Hot Rumble or Double Trouble (DS).

But the only involvement Kamiya had with the sequels was like script writing for at least VJ2.
Forgot if he was involved with Double Trouble's script too, or not...

Emitan

4. You're either missing Red Hot Rumble or Double Trouble (DS).

But the only involvement Kamiya had with the sequels was like script writing for at least VJ2.
Forgot if he was involved with Double Trouble's script too, or not...

I meant 3 after the main game, whoops. Brain wasn't thinking

Varjet

What's wrong with the ds one (aside from the scratching action, that is)?

Aside from the scratch power, there's the slide one which should have just been mapped to the otherwise unused Y button. Then there's the fact that there is only a maximum of two enemies on screen at once and the changed (worse) combo system to accommodate for that . Also, all power-ups are way to expensive, especially the VFX Turbocharger, and without that thing some of the puzzles can be really tedious. There's also no NG+ and no Ultra V-rated difficulty.

Varjet

I'd argue losing playable Alastor and Blue hurt more than Silvia's new fighting style.

I guess that's a matter of preference. I quite liked the unlockable chambers in VJ2 instead of the additional characters. Don't see much of a point in Blue anyway, and Alastor is just annoying to play as.
Also the problem with Silvia in VJ2 is not just that she's not as fun to play with as with Joe, but she also sucked the funny out of the cutscenes. Yeah, she's bossy, I get it.

VJ2's major problems were the tacked on character switching mechanic that added pretty much nothing (only had to use Sylvia for puzzles as she completely sucked at fighting except for the first phase of the final boss and her Replay ability does pitiful damage) and the complete lack of unlockables (the chambers weren't fun to complete at all).

Rest of the game was good but damn, was a letdown.

TreIII

I guess that's a matter of preference. I quite liked the unlockable chambers in VJ2 instead of the additional characters. Don't see much of a point in Blue anyway, and Alastor is just annoying to play as.

I would guess so, too. I didn't care for the chambers, but Alastor was actually my favorite character to play as!

I guess what I was hoping by the sequel (if not by VJ3...*sniff*) was that everybody would start getting their own distinctive movesets and such, so that it would seem less like you were playing Joe with a few differences here and there. Pitiable that much didn't occur until Red Hot Rumble, and by that point, it was a waste.

Neiteio

GamesRadar's preview video - http://youtu.be/wmCZjzr8l-8
Awesome bit in that at 3:40:

Nintendo representative: "We haven't confirmed any details about the multiplayer, and how people would interact with each other. HOWEVER, we did show a little bit: there CAN be more than one player on the screen at the same time, controlling different groups of superheroes, so there definitely is that, but we haven't gone into details juuuuuust yet, but you never know: pay attention in the coming weeks, since we will be giving out more information."

It's great to hear a Nintendo rep acknowledge the multiplayer seen in the trailer and confirm it's real and that more information will be revealed in the coming weeks.

Pittree

Played the game just yesterday and I want to give you guys my impressions.

Graphics
Despite what others are saying this game looks great and beats pretty much every other thing I played on Wii U with NSMBU being the closest and Batman being the worst (it's worth noting that Arkham City was a very early version).
Like in every other masterpiece attention to detail is what makes the difference. Some Higlights I think are worth mentioning are:

• Almost everything on scene is polygonal and shaded instead of textured. (even the lines "painted" on the street are 3D)
  • The characters look great with little details like their helmets and belts protuberances shown on 3d instead of just a texture
  • Pretty much everything cast a shadow and there is even different walking animations for the various characters. However it feels odd that the characters only cast some "blob" shadows. (one cool thing is that even grided trash cans and individual grass cast a shadow)
  • Good use of depth of field that even when trying I couldn't note the transition
  • Looks like Rock Solid 60 fps and with little aliasing
  • You can see detail on the little faces of heros that are like .5cm on screen
  • Screenshots don't make the the game justice

Gameplay
General controls are tight, movement is fast and the guard (ZL) and dodge (Zr) buttons are very intuitive as well as the Jump (B) and attack buttons (X&Y). I had issues with the touch and right stick controls being the the last one the worst. Maybe the sensitivity settings were set too low, but when trying to circle the citizens to convert them in heros I pushed the stick alll the way and the movement of the cursor was as slow as it is when you walk silently on SMG pushing just a little the nunchuck stick. Using the touch screen is a lot more agile, but I made a big circle using the whole surface on the screen and it was represented on the tv as a circle as big as a 1/3d of the sceen height and I ran out of "ink" to continue my circle wich proved a little frustrating. However the general mechanics of charging the most powerful attacks by using the regular ones forces you to think of the way you fight. Same things happens with dodge and guard attacks. e.g. You have to time perfectly your guard to avoid damage and bounce off your enemies.

I could keep talking about all the details, but I don't want to bore you, however feel free to ask any question. The game is great!

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Awesome bit in that at 3:40:

Nintendo representative: "We haven't confirmed any details about the multiplayer, and how people would interact with each other. HOWEVER, we did show a little bit: there CAN be more than one player on the screen at the same time, controlling different groups of superheroes, so there definitely is that, but we haven't gone into details juuuuuust yet, but you never know: pay attention in the coming weeks, since we will be giving out more information."

It's great to hear a Nintendo rep acknowledge the multiplayer seen in the trailer and confirm it's real and that more information will be revealed in the coming weeks.
Indeed : )

Top Bottom