• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project Treasure (Bandai Namco) announced for Wii U

DrWong

So they're all Namco characters or is just her? At least the black dude won't be hard to identify, how many black bearded characters with a green thing on the neck are there?

He's not the only character with a green thing though so I wouldn't take it as distinctive. The skull character is a better detectivegaf candidate I think.

I wonder what this will be. I'm slightly more interested in it since it seems KOS-MOS from Xenosaga will be in it. At least someone that looks like her was also in the trailer.

B7VLHgsCIAAmqgz.png

EDIT: In all my haste to post this. I left out who found this first.
It was Tsukinikawatte on twitter. https://twitter.com/Watte_Tv/status/555432732122443776

To add to this we can also spot some blueish hairs in the gif.

projecttreasurel3kax.gif

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Been looking into similar projects Namco has planned for a F2P model recently and I have a feeling this game may or may not be similar to Rise of Incarnates. Guess we'll have to wait and see what this actually is.

But KOS-MOS has me excited for whatever this turns out to be. Hopefully we get some more information soon.

I remember reading an ONM interview with Harada, back on when the WiiU launched, stating that he was working on something special for WiiU..guess that is what he was referring to.

Eolz

Might be cool, and the addition of Kos-mos would make play until I unlocked her.
my poor wallet if they add T-elos as a paid skin/character

This might be fun really, but people are just wary about the business model. And they're right to be,when you see how past Namco F2P titles work.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Might be cool, and the addition of Kos-mos would make play until I unlocked her.
my poor wallet if they add T-elos as a paid skin/character

This might be fun really, but people are just wary about the business model. And they're right to be,when you see how past Namco F2P titles work.

I agree, but I also hope thatN could somehow lead the model as they did for Hyrule Warriors DLC packs (that was handheld properly, imho).
I'm more scared about being forced to play co op, than it being F2P. so far.

I remember reading an ONM interview with Harada, back on when the WiiU launched, stating that he was working on something special for WiiU..guess that is what he was referring to.

If he's involved with Pokken (I think he is?) that was probably the game he referred to at that time, considering how much farther along it apparently is.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
If he's involved with Pokken (I think he is?) that was probably the game he referred to at that time, considering how much farther along it apparently is.

Yes, he is involved, I think. I've read his name everywhere about Pokken, and even his replies to the first interview after the reveal.
Probably Smash development lead into Pokken deal, taht lead into this project (I suspect that there is somehow a N involvment in the game: we will discover it later I suppose)

Doczu

Well, that trailer got me interested in the game (i almost forgot it even existed!). 4 player co-op sounds cool. Is there any info if here will be offline co-op? I'd love to play this with my girl.

Hyrule Warriors was Omega Force though. Scamco showing the game in this state doesn't surprise me at all.

I'm still willing to give it a try.

I'm hoping Nintendo can keep Bamco in line, like they seemed to do with Hyrule Warriors.

Does Nintendo even have a level of involvement in this project where they could "keep them in line?" I was under the impression that this was solely a Namco project and they were maybe throwing the Wii U a bone with the exclusivity thing.

Fat4all

Banned
Does Nintendo even have a level of involvement in this project where they could "keep them in line?" I was under the impression that this was solely a Namco project and they were maybe throwing the Wii U a bone with the exclusivity thing.

Honestly, it's hard to say. I don't think Bamco would create exclusives for the Wii U unless they got something out of it, and in that case I'm sure Nintendo might have some say in things like DLC.

Of course, I couldn't know for sure :(

Jackano

Yep, it can sounds like the typical game Bamco do in a late console lifespan, to heat up relationship with Nintendo before their next gen, just in case.

This is the kind of game I like, with exploration, some hack'n'slash action, simple online and team infrastructure... But this one have nothing that stands out to me, at least for the moment. Lackof soul and atmosphere or something.

Also the last time a Bamco game seemed exclusive to Wii U was... Tank Tank Tank, who indeed tanked.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
It looks pretty rough. Let's hope it is like that because being early in development, not because it's a rushed F2P.

Top Bottom