• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project x Zone 2 will feature more languages and no modified content

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I still wish we could get confirmation about the LE that Japan's getting, but nice to hear no music will be removed this time around. Hell, just glad the music quality overall is going to sound better compared to the almost MIDI sounding music in the first game.

& lol I wish that's what BSAA stood for.

Fuck that

I don't want this shit on my America console

bRxj7wr.jpg

Hey, she's looking good for 48. Felicia's cool, let her be. Been around since 1994.

Nezzhil

BTW are there any screens of PxZ Japanese version Bruno comparison with PxZ western Bruno?
The images im seeing in google look very similar.

JAP
nTrR4j9.jpg

US/EUR
0Sl38vI.png

90% palette swap and 10% sprite edit.

And they changed the Bruno's theme from High-Rise To Hell (Die Hard Arcade/Dynamite Deka) to Poop Deck Pursuit (Dynamite Cop/Dynamite Deka 2)

Edit:
Curiously, the Western version of Bruno has more sense in PxZ than the japanese one, because all the enemies and stages in the game are from Dynamite Cop and not from Die Hard Arcade.
But Die Hard Arcade suit is more iconic.

Loona

Wait I've been trying to avoid spoiling all the new cast... but they removed characters too? Some assists being gone fine, but Haken/Kagura were awesome and I thought they were staples of the franchise?

Haken and Kaguya are more integral to the Endless Frontier games - those are in continuity with Namco X Capcom and Project X Zone (and actually share assets with some of those), but apparently are sitting this one out, along with the Valkyria Chronicles characters (I was hoping for recruitable Selvaria...) and a few others, mostly assists.

STHX

Wait I've been trying to avoid spoiling all the new cast... but they removed characters too? Some assists being gone fine, but Haken/Kagura were awesome and I thought they were staples of the franchise?

Almost every Solo unit from the first game is gone(Ulala, Heihachi, and Valkyrie are basically the only ones left), and the following pairs too:
- Kogoro & Mii
- Frank West & Hsien-Ko
- Kurt & Reila
- Haken & Kaguya
- Toma & Cyrille

Additionally, the God Eater team was changed, there are 2 other GE2 characters instead of Soma and Lindow (Alisa is still there but it's her GE2 version), and Blackrose is gone (Haseo is Kite's new partner). Every other character from a pair in PXZ is still in, albeit reworked (some solos switched with the second unit like the Tales of Vesperia or Resonance of Fate teams for example).

Of course, since they skipped part of the opening in the recent livestream there is still a chance there are other characters

Good to hear, the changes in the first game weren't anything major but it's nice to see the game will be left 100% intact this time. Really enjoyed myself with the first game so I'm excited for this one, still wish it was coming out this year though.

squall23

Nintendo 3DS owners will be able to play Project X Zone 2 on February 16, 2016. In addition to the extra languages, Project X Zone 2 will not have any content modified, unlike the localization of Project X Zone, which altered some art and music for the overseas release.
Still pissed off at cutting out ROCKS.

Bladenic

Almost every Solo unit from the first game is gone(Ulala, Heihachi, and Valkyrie are basically the only ones left), and the following pairs too:
- Kogoro & Mii
- Frank West & Hsien-Ko
- Kurt & Reila
- Haken & Kaguya
- Toma & Cyrille

Additionally, the God Eater team was changed, there are 2 other GE2 characters instead of Soma and Lindow (Alisa is still there but it's her GE2 version), and Blackrose is gone (Haseo is Kite's new partner). Every other character from a pair in PXZ is still in, albeit reworked (some solos switched with the second unit like the Tales of Vesperia or Resonance of Fate teams for example).

Of course, since they skipped part of the opening in the recent livestream there is still a chance there are other characters

Kogoro/Mii - don't care
Frank West/Hsien-Ko - ugh why
Kurt and Reala - meh
Haken/Kaguya - YA'LL FUCKED UP
Toma/Cyrille - don't care although I liked their attacks but they were otherwise boring AF

Also really don't like how the guys are seemingly replacing the girls. Very strange. Poor Estellise.

Ilvocare

Well, to counter that they removed Haken/Kagura from the sequel...my Valkyria Chronicles team too...*sniffs*

So is the current roster the final confirmed roster or what?

I hope it's not final. It seems like the developers are hiding a couple of extra units. That being said, the utter lack of any trademark for Banpresto or SRWOG Organization kills me inside...

...which is why the next step is to believe that they become available as DLC units!

#thedelusionwillneverdie

Also...

Nothing they promise can make this game less repetitive and more fun

Is it really THAT difficult to believe that a sequel to a game can improve on a gameplay perspective? Jesus christ.

Sakujou

Banned
enjoyed the first game because it featured games from three different game companies. blew my mind already to see sonic in a nintendo game, but this is total nuts.

now we get part 2. i hope its lets repetitive....

glad to hear, that its going to get localized!

tauroxd

This is in Febraury, meaning that Fire Emblem will go to March or April... Or, God forbid, May or June... Because no way in hell they will release it on January, they would have announced that date already if that were the case :(

L.O.R.D

Changed Bruno Dellinger's appearance, all references to his first game are changed
Music, removed instrumental versions of the Japanese openings of God Eater, Tales of Vesperia, and Shining Force EXA and replaced them with map music of their respective games
For some odd reason Space Channel 5 music was changed

Originally we were supposed to get it at the same time as Japan but international release got pushed to 2016
They also removed the opening song and the ending song

Backflip

I wish Bruno was still in the game. He was a really fun character in the first one. With that said, Kazuma Kiryu, Segata, and Ryo in the same game is a dream come true.

AnGer

On the one hand, I welcome every game that is published in Europe and doesn't get a lazy localisation (looking at you, Square Enix Europe), which is what more companies should be doing even if their product is something niche.

On the other hand, Bandai Namco Europe has been phoning it in with some of the texts in Tales games in recent years, at least here in Germany.

JCG

As much as I'm totally into the main concept behind the game, as a fan of crossover works, they really need to make the systems feel less repetitive in practice. That was the single biggest problem with the original, not any of the listed modifications.

NoKisum

No? It is what it is - the original game got modified stuff overseas due to licensing. What else would you call it?

Ah. I clicked this topic and saw people bitching about Felicia, so I thought this was another censorship topic. But I'm wrong, so carry on.

ohlawd

- Kogoro & Mii
- Frank West & Hsien-Ko
- Kurt & Reila
- Haken & Kaguya

- Toma & Cyrille

seriously feels like there are less females in the game than the first or they've been downgraded to solo units.

and Bamco committed some heinous crimes by cutting out the bolded teams. what the fuck, why

Ilvocare

seriously feels like there are less females in the game than the first or they've been downgraded to solo units.

and Bamco committed some heinous crimes by cutting out the bolded teams. what the fuck, why

Well, this is just informed speculation, but if you look at the cut-in animations between PXZ1 and 2, you'll notice a change in focus. Whereas the vast majority of cut-in animations in 1 kinda focused on a large amount of T&A on the female cast, PXZ2 seems to be opting for more general action poses. As a result of turning away from what was blatant sexually-charged fanservice that may have caused a decrease in females as a result? That's my guess, anyways. The change in direction doesn't really bother me but losing the VC and SRW teams sure as hell does.

man we lost Sanger Zonvolt because of this I guess

Sanger

I have to keep hoping for additional unit DLC. I have to!

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Oh but we still got fanservice, the rear kind.

Well to be fair, Vash and Zeph make more sense to be together than Leanne if they're going for RoF's story.

With that said I get the feeling there are still more to the game.

I'm assuming that the game will still only have Japanese VAs though, right? How disappointing. That's pretty much the entire reason I never picked up the first game.

#givemeapollosmileorgivemedeath

This game has Phoenix Wright in it, so maybe I can forgive them this time around, even if Sam Riegal is not gonna voice him.

man we lost Sanger Zonvolt because of this I guess

Sanger

I have to keep hoping for additional unit DLC. I have to!

They'll throw a curve ball and have Shu and Masaki as a pair unit!

And DLC has been confirmed via famitsu. It's only for items AFAIK. Will probably be cut for the overseas release like in the first game.

Also, this releases tomorrow in Japan time and someone already has a copy thanks to Japan breaking the street date. The OP was uploaded onto NicoNico. Here's a YouTube mirror.

Love that Segata does a Rider Kick.

Ilvocare

They'll throw a curve ball and have Shu and Masaki as a pair unit!

And DLC has been confirmed via famitsu. It's only for items AFAIK. Will probably be cut for the overseas release like in the first game.

Also, this releases tomorrow in Japan time and someone already has a copy thanks to Japan breaking the street date. The OP was uploaded onto NicoNico. Here's a YouTube mirror.

Love that Segata does a Rider Kick.

Dude I wouldn't even be mad if that actually happened. Those guys hate each other, it'd be perfect.

Yeah, that's right it does release super-soon... I think I'm gonna stay away from streams of the game for now.

Loona

No OT for the Japanese release? Fair enough, since the text is a big part of the charm.

I read at the Madman's Café that several Sega characters recognize Segata Sanshiro, but Gemini, the token American from Sakura Taisen, does not
- it's the little things... <3

Top Bottom