• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Prometheus 2 gets screenwriter (it's not Lindelof)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blader

http://variety.com/2013/film/news/transcendence-scribe-to-pen-prometheus-sequel-1200478483/

Fox and Ridley Scott are getting closer to returning to space as Jack Palgen (“Transcendence”) is in talks to write the follow-up to last year’s sci-fi blockbuster, “Prometheus.”

Scott will produce again through his Scott Free banner though it’s unknown at this time if he will direct. Noomi Rapace and Michael Fassbender are also expected to return.

Transcendence is the directorial debut of Wally Pfister, who was Nolan's DP on Memento through to TDKR.

whatever. any move away from abrams and the shit team in hollywood is a good one. regardless of whether this writer is unproven or not.

now hopefully roberto orci and kurtzman get replaced for future sequels of shit they've written too.

inm8num2

I can imagine a screenwriter pulling his/her hair out when looking at the pile of shit left behind by Lindelof (and Scott).

"How the hell do I make this into a coherent plot!!?!?!??!"

harSon

Banned
I read the script to Transcendence a while back and it's extremely good. It's undergoing a fair bit of rewrites from what I've heard, but that doesn't change the fact that Jack Palgen is a decent enough writer. I think the franchise is in good hands.

Chichikov

That's good news, Prometheus had a terrible script.
I do hope they just ignore the first film, I don't think the whole ancient aliens angle is all that interesting, and honestly, I don't really care about the aliens origin story.

And for the love of god, make it scary.

nick nacc

Banned
Hes got a big challenge ahead of him. Lindelof has done some insane damage.

Its going to be tough to make a good movie about her traveling through space alone with only a talking cyborg head. Ugh.

Hes got a big challenge ahead of him. Lindelof has done some insane damage.

Its going to be tough to make a good movie about her traveling through space alone with only a talking cyborg head. Ugh.

If the engineers created humans then it stands to reason they would have more stashed with them on their home planet. Though how or why they would speak english is another story.

BobLoblaw

Banned
I can imagine a screenwriter pulling his/her hair out when looking at the pile of shit left behind by Lindelof (and Scott).

"How the hell do I make this into a coherent plot!!?!?!??!"
I was just watching Prometheus again on Saturday and thought the same thing. My guess is follow the Aliens intro. Something's happened to the alien ship and Dr. Shaw and Davis end up drifting in space only to be retrieved by a ship that's been looking for the original one. It sucks a bit since it's not original I know, but Lindelof really fucked them on the ending.

nick nacc

Banned
I was just watching Prometheus again on Saturday and thought the same thing. My guess is follow the Aliens intro. Something's happened to the alien ship and Dr. Shaw and Davis end up drifting in space only to be retrieved by a ship that's been looking for the original one. It sucks a bit since it's not original I know, but Lindelof really fucked them on the ending.

yeah, that would be one way to get a crew of people to kill. But jesus, Prometheus took FOREVER to get there, and it was like a super expensive ship (like icarus from sunshine if i am not mistaken)

Lindelof left nothing. NOTHING. The only option is rebooting it which is a worse option than doing nothing at all.

Watching the trailer for prometheus you see so much potential, it just pisses me off. I remember walking out of the theater liking it a lot. Now those hype goggles are off, and I am sad and disappointing at the outcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom