• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Prototype 2 |OT| There's a Prototype 2?

Claude

Catalina's bitch
Just some powers and costumes, it looks like.

The DLC is more like "cheats" for the game.

The Forced Multipliers are just a couple of things you can turn on or off during the game, like anti-gravity or unlimited gliding.

The skins are alright, but the best one is the Infected Heller. Like the name states, he looks like an Infected version of Heller. What makes this skin stand out is all of Heller's dialogue is replaced by grunts and other noises made by the Infected.

Does it get better? Only 20% in and bored out of my mind. I loved the first one, but, the second one isn't doing me much. main character is probably the worst I've seen in a game in years. I mean Alex wasn't much of a character, but, he was still better. I'm not sure what parts I'm not enjoying, it's just all blurry and disjointed.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Got the platinum trophy. The game when skipping side stuff is incredibly short.

Meh. Hoping for better out of Spider-Man, but I should know better by now.

DrBo42

I'm having fun with the game for what it is. It's tough deciding to load this up when I have Tera going on at the same time though. Too much to play these days.

Alright, what I need to know is if I walk slowly by someone will Heller just Bitch slap them like Mercer did? That was actually my favorite part of the game, walk around as a normal person bitch slapping people till someone wants a piece then then throwing them a mile out into the ocean.

glaurung

I completed the hard playthrough on PS3 last Saturday.

I thought that I would go all the way to platinum since I only had one trophy missing from the set - All Growed Up.

Then I realized that I would either have to exploit some bullcrap missions to earn the missing EP or play through the game again. God no.

There are solid ideas in here that make for some fun game play, but as a whole, the game is incredibly unpolished. In the end I hated all the characters in here.

NinjaBoiX

So, this content you get with the Radnet edition, worthwhile? It's £25 at the minute, but if the content is fluff, I'll just grab it preowned. Amulur is £20 at the mo, hmm.

iNvid02

The PC version is still a month away and it's likely that it will be a bad-basic port

There won't be any post launch support because of what happened to Radical.

I would advise anyone thinking about buying to wait until the inevitable bomba

I'm predicting 75% off steam winter sale

NBtoaster

The PC version is still a month away and it's likely that it will be a bad-basic port

There won't be any post launch support because of what happened to Radical.

I would advise anyone thinking about buying to wait until the inevitable bomba

I'm predicting 75% off steam winter sale

75% off? You forget who's selling it.

iNvid02

75% off? You forget who's selling it.

Activision isn't dumb, it knows COD sells at the price they set.

But 2 months in and the console version for prototype 2 is $30

I stand by 75% off winter sale - i'll gift you a copy if there is not a big price cut

d00d3n

What is the current method to defeat stupid Valve region check drm? Vpn works? Must I keep steam offline afterwards?

I'll pick this up at $10. The overly long delay for the PC version plus what would seem to be a lack of post release support puts this right into bargain bin territory.

M*A*S*H

Bomba indeed.

WTF is Prototype 2 by Totalbiscuit.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJ5l4L_3RxY

Good grief. For a man who supposedly enjoyed the first prototype, his negativity in that video was nauseating. What I saw was prototype 1 with better graphics. That's what I wanted and what I expected. Did he honestly think it would be some super awesome pc version? He should keep his expectations in check, else he's liable to do himself a mischief. This is activision, not SE, and their ports have always been functional but little else. I'm not saying it's ideal and yes performance should be better, but bloody hell, listening to him you'd think the sky was falling down around his ears.

comrade

Good grief. For a man who supposedly enjoyed the first prototype, his negativity in that video was nauseating. What I saw was prototype 1 with better graphics. That's what I wanted and what I expected. Did he honestly think it would be some super awesome pc version? He should keep his expectations in check, else he's liable to do himself a mischief. This is activision, not SE, and their ports have always been functional but little else. I'm not saying it's ideal and yes performance should be better, but bloody hell, listening to him you'd think the sky was falling down around his ears.

The PC port is terrible. I'm getting pre-patch Batman AC DX11 performance except the game looks terrible.

Unicorn

The problem is that they took long strides BACKWARDS with this game. I loved the first one and played through it 3 times but when I played 2 at my friend's it is so unbelievably gutted in terms of move pool, skill upgrades, and even game play it felt like an XBLA release as a means to introduce people to the concept of prototype 1.

The lack of co-op is also inexcusable considering the events in prototype 1's development.

The only issues I've had with Prototype 2 PC is negative Crossfire scaling (which I am pretty sure is AMD's fault anyways). I turned Crossfire off and I am getting good and consistent performance.

I've had a few camera issues and the targeting system is a bit wonky (especially in doors) but I've also been having a fucking blast playing.

Sure it isn't as pretty as Metro or BF3 but it isn't the worst port I've ever played either.

d00d3n

I just wanted to report that PC version works great on my setup. Intel i5-2500k, Geforce 580, 8Gb ram, win7 64 bit. Playing steam version with latest nvidia beta drivers and a 360 controller. Game looks great. I am not noticing any frame rate issues.

Feature

Banned
Been playing this game for a couple of hours now and it feels exactly the same as prototype one which I find a good thing.

Kem0sabe

What the fuck is wrong with the mouse control? playing with m+k and the mouse seems to be tied to the fps, it makes it unbearable to play.

Otherwise, it looks/plays too much like infamous but with characters and setting not nearly as interesting, nothing like the first prototype gameplay wise as well.

nilbog21

Banned
Played about 10 min of this game through my brother's steam. Up to this point it might be the worst game I have ever played in my life. Not sure if I will continue

Not recommended for PC users

I wish they would have put more effort into the textures and laid off on the extravagant consume videos when you eat a guy who knows something relevant to the plot or a sidequest. Each one is filled with effects and 1000 edits for 15 seconds of video and a voiceover.

Decent game overall, but utterly and completely forgettable.

Le-mo

So I'm currently playing Prototype 1 and I know I am not the only one that has a problem with Mission 09: The Altered World right? The mission is a pain in the ass and is making me one to quit. Not to mention the game is not well polished and the sound glitch is beyond annoying.

Le-mo

Bumped. Does anybody have a save file for mission 10 for Prototype? For the life of me I can't get past mission 9: The Altered One.

Activision isn't dumb, it knows COD sells at the price they set.

But 2 months in and the console version for prototype 2 is $30

I stand by 75% off winter sale - i'll gift you a copy if there is not a big price cut

That is some balls on the line prediction! Almost true!

Decided to get it since it was cheap, was surprised to see the OT only had 4 pages. I'm sure I'll find out why soon enough.

SJRB

Gold Member
For what it's worth, I really enjoyed this game. It's a grotesque power trip, never pretends to be anything else. The powers are fun, the city parts are well structured and feel alive. The story and the missions are nothing to write home about but let's be honest: they serve as a vehicle to cause as much death and destruction and that's exactly what they do.

Heller is a dick but I kind of enjoyed his psychotic behaviour.

And there's little cooler than sprinting up the broken and smoking remains of the Empire State Building and then jump off, causing a shockwave sending people and cars flying. It's just a badass game.

Susurrus

Did the PC ver get patched at some point? I have a rig from mid 2010 running this at highest specs via steam big picture using a 360 controller and never had any issues barring 1 crash. Framerate and graphics run smoothly. I played the original on 360 and got this one on a Steam sale. I am on island 3 but enjoying the game more than the first one.

so, as perhaps the only person that was intrigued by the story in 1, what is the deal with

Mercer not actually being human, but rather the Blacklight Virus in this game? Is Heller shown to be a virus that got "confused" and thought he was human? Or is he part of Mercer's hivemind that was seperated? Also, does Pariah show up at all? I know that was foreshadowed like mad back in 1

The story wasn't much, but it did have a cool premise, if told in a kinda retarded way.

I played the hell out of the first game, so 15 dollars off of amazon is probably worth it, right?

Top Bottom