• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

proxima .. a movie about astronauts

nikolino840

vKETu6D.jpg

DiscoJer

This is the sort of thing that drives me crazy about a lot of serious space movies. Wah wah, my wife/husband/dog misses me. Wah wah, it's so tough I'm alone in space.

Last edited:
What a waste of a movie title.

When i read 'Proxima' I immediately thought of a movie of a team of scientists cracking the code on the universe to allow faster than light travel which would allow a group of brave astronauts to take the first interstellar trip to our nearest star but instead end up tearing a hole in our universe and getting lost in an alternate universe where physics and known reality is completely different.
I mean imagine the creative freedom a film maker has when he/she has the freedom to create their own vision of an alternate universe.

Instead we end up with another space drama. I've sort of had my fill of these types of movies after Brad Pitt had to travel across the solar system to fetch his father in Ad Astra.

Ex-Yugoslavia Territories? Who the hell in 2019 calls those countries Ex-Yugoslavia anymore. If you can put Hungary and Poland you can as well add the other 5 countries that are today associated by their own name and not by Ex anything.

Top Bottom