• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS All Stars Battle Royale first DLC revealed: Kat and Emmett (Free)

zroid

Banned
I think you should be able to, yes. If it works like any other DLC you can just download it for free and use it when you get the game.

I guess so, you can purchase DLC content from games even if you don't have the actual game and I don't think it'll be any different here.

She will be free DLC so you can do it at any time really.

Yeah you can but this is coming out early next year.

Thanks, all. I thought I should be able to, but wasn't sure if maybe they'd lock the DLC behind the game or something. Like, it has to be an in-game purchase to ensure people aren't claiming it during the free period without possessing the game.

When I said I wasn't planning to buy the game "now", I really meant not in the near future. Probably after a hefty price drop, and there are fewer games to play. Like next summer or so.

Kat should get the military outfit, and a Raven costume.

Gravitydaze02.png

Then again I'm with the park that thought Dante should have gotten a Vergil alt..Dante's alts are terrible btw.

kuroshiki

Whoa. I'm surprised with this news.

But free DLC for 2 weeks? that means I need to download DLC first then buy the game later?

Tsunamo

Glad to see Kat confirmed! Really looking forward to seeing how she plays!
Hope her Spy or Schoolgirl outfits make the cut as a alternate costume for her, loved them in Gravity Rush.

SmithnCo

Spy costume is best costume.

Military is worst.

I'm going to have to buy all the DLC for Gravity Rush next week. :S

Maid is worst, it's just a black frock!

lol fashion argument

Raven would be a cool alt but she might be the minion too. Hopefully challenges are included in the DLC, I believe they said they would.

ascii42

Free is nice. Also glad to see the Vita get a character representation.

Hopefully for the next round of DLC they pull from PS2 (Jen Tate?) or PS1.

DigitalOp

Banned
this news is Ton of Mega status to me, superbot is doing well and I only wish them future success, I never buy games launch day but I will have to make an exception with this, superbot has earned my dollars, crossplay makes the deal even more astounding

Here's to psas2!!!!!!!

Permission for 60$......granted!

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
Oh shit, KAT!! Well done Superbot, something to look forward to. Gonna be gravity kicking dudes in the face all day long.

Never played StarHawk myself, but Emmet seems like an interesting pick based on the combat video clips I've seen.

SykoTech

This is an easy way to make sure that people aren't upset when DLC is announced before a game is released.

Yup. Really glad they announced this before the game launched rather than after.

I almost feel like preordering now, and I never really preorder anything these days.

Lord Phol

Emmet really came out of nowhere but the more I think about it the more I'm certain he will be a great addition gameplaywise.

Dantis

Maid is worst, it's just a black frock!

lol fashion argument

Raven would be a cool alt but she might be the minion too. Hopefully challenges are included in the DLC, I believe they said they would.

Actually, I've decided default costume is worst costume. She looks a little bit silly.

B.O.O.M

Hell Yes KAT!

and I'm in the minority here but I actually absolutely love the inclusion of Graves. He is a very interesting character. And the description says he utilizes the build and battle system from Starhawk within this game. It's gonna be a lot of fun!

Good stuff Sony/SuperBot.

vg260

This is an easy way to make sure that people aren't upset when DLC is announced before a game is released.

Even neglecting the two-week freebie offer, DLC outrage would be far less I think if companies explained better how game development works.

Mik_Pad

Banned
Great additions and for free!!!

Emmet will be a very interesting character, can't wait to see how they implement build n battle and Kat proves they are hearing the community!! Nice SuperBot.

FinalD

Thanks, all. I thought I should be able to, but wasn't sure if maybe they'd lock the DLC behind the game or something. Like, it has to be an in-game purchase to ensure people aren't claiming it during the free period without possessing the game.

When I said I wasn't planning to buy the game "now", I really meant not in the near future. Probably after a hefty price drop, and there are fewer games to play. Like next summer or so.

I'd keep an eye on things though. Rock Band 3 gave away some Doors songs the first week, but you could (and can?) only access it via the in game store.

DigitalOp

Banned
So Kat and generic solider dude #15. Was hoping for Ryu Hayabusa. . .

We'll see how "generic" he is when it comes time, I have a feeling superbot is gonna give Emmett's moveset the full works since there are people not familiar and others still complaining about optional DLC………

Hayabusa may definitely be coming, probally second announcement, does anybody know if were only getting 4 dlc characters? ?

Dantis

Yes, shes a very cool character, but her design is just sort of funny.

Yup. She looks fine from the waist up. The high heels and lack of leggings/trousers/something else looks a bit weird.

Still, if I ever play this, she'll probably be who I play as.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I... actually feel this way!

YAY KAT! Reason to buy the game CONFIRMED! (I was buying it anyway, but now I gotta wait for my main...)

Anyway, this is very good community support. Like that they're free for 2 weeks. Very solid ideas all around, Bravo Superbot.

And... Emmet is a pretty good idea for a person for her to have a rivalry with. If his "Dropping items into the world" comes into clash with her "Parts of the city have been removed by a mysterious force!" story theme, then I can see this actually being an inspired pairing.

"Black" folks as DLC, OMG, second class citizens, WTH SUPERBOT! Etc, etc...

I'll look forward to playing them both, but, yet again... YAY, KAT!

Yes, shes a very cool character, but her design is just sort of funny.

I think her outfit is foreign enough to look unique, and I like the fact the gold lines and such play at a shape and figure, but the outfit is actually mostly covering, even moreso than most modern one-piece swimsuits. It is odd, but I don't exactly want "usual and expected" in my JP developed IPs, so all the better.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Also keep in mind that the DLC has all of the features that the main roster has: unlockable costumes, taunts, intros/outros, themes, minions, etc.

Since it's Emmett and Kat, they are also rivals, which should be a lot of fun.

So we have PS1, PS2, PS3, and PS Vita repped in this game by a playable character. PSP is repped through stage stuff (Patapon and Loco Roco).

I'm wondering if this character DLC will also come with a stage? I'd love to see Hekkesville mashed up with some of the cool environments from Starhawk, or perhaps another franchise (wipEout could be a really cool mashup).

KalBalboa

Banned
Hell Yes KAT!

and I'm in the minority here but I actually absolutely love the inclusion of Graves. He is a very interesting character. And the description says he utilizes the build and battle system from Starhawk within this game. It's gonna be a lot of fun!

Good stuff Sony/SuperBot.

20121115_115040.jpg

Same here. I love Starhawk (I just got my 1,000 kill trophy in it last night). I beat the campaign twice and have sunk so much time into co-op it's not even funny.

The idea of Emmet using a hawk or dropping in a sentry to help him fight, similar to Sackboy's use of the fan, seems pretty awesome. I'm glad to see some Lightbox love!

Top Bottom