• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS+ : December Edition Thread | Our wallet may not cry but our backlogs will

Carl

Best Service This Gen.

Thank you Sony, they know that gamers want games.

I'd go as far as it say it's the best ANYTHING to come out of this gen. Certainly one of the things this gen will be remembered for, at least as far as i am concerned.

Duffyside

Banned
I'd go as far as it say it's the best ANYTHING to come out of this gen. Certainly one of the things this gen will be remembered for, at least as far as i am concerned.

I agree with this 100%. I like PS+ more than any game, any feature, any thing.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
that's not a guarantee by any means.
I was pretty sure that thus far all games were replaced by another of the same type. Now I'm not so sure D:

5th December: Batman: Arkham City (PS3)
5th December: LIMBO (PS3)
5th December: Vanquish (PS3)
A

WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH

I still have Bulletstorm challenges, InFamous 2 (haven't started) and Just Cause 2 (haven't started) on my hard-drive and they throw me 3 awesome games I haven't played yet. And I haven't even played these yet:

MotorStorm Apocalypse [December 31]
LittleBigPlanet 2 [December 31]
Starhawk SP [December 31]
Rachet and Clank All 4 in one
Hell Yeah Wrath of the rabbit
Tomb Raider Guardian of light
Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine
Chime HD
Darksiders
Renegade Ops
Outland
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown [Game of the Month]
Deus Ex Human Revolution [Game of the Month]
Rock of Ages [Game of the Month]

I need a bigger HDD than 120gb.

Fuck you PS+, you are the worst. WORST!

(No seriously the best premium service ever)

Vodh

Well, good job on the PS3 part, but could we please get FFT and Wipeout on Vita in EU too? I've already got Vanquish and Arkham City, so the only thing I'm a little bit excited for is the vita Mortal Kombat - I've had the PS3 version and sold it, but I'm curious how it runs on the handheld.

Overall, this month is not for me, but keep up the good work!

Carl

Well, good job on the PS3 part, but could we please get FFT and Wipeout on Vita in EU too? I've already got Vanquish and Arkham City, so the only thing I'm a little bit excited for is the vita Mortal Kombat - I've had the PS3 version and sold it, but I'm curious how it runs on the handheld.

Overall, this month is not for me, but keep up the good work!

You should be excited for Knytt, at least. Looks excellent.

quest

Not Banned from OT
I hope US PSN+ is half as good as that list.

man that's a lot of cool stuff.

I would not hold your breath or get to upset. The US PSN+ got their big score for 6 months last month if you own a Vita. Just like around E3 got a bunch of great PS3 stuff and nothing besides cloud storage after that.

I just hope for something decent can't remember the last PS3 PSN+ I downloaded.

jayb

I was pretty sure that thus far all games were replaced by another of the same type. Now I'm not so sure D:

I seem to recall them replacing Borderlands (or a similar full ps3 game) with NFL Blitz a month or two ago. :/

I just signed up for PS+ the other day so I am new. Have a question about games. I read somewhere while signing up that you have to download the games in order for them to stay in your download list. Is that true? Or do I just have to go through the "Checkout" to have them. The reason I ask is because I need to upgrade my HDD on my PS3 since I don't have space for some of the larger games like R&C and Infamous and I don't want to lose the ability to play those games in the future when those titles are rotated out. So do I have to actually download and install the games or can I just checkout and download them later (as long as my subscription is still going).

Pranay

I just signed up for PS+ the other day so I am new. Have a question about games. I read somewhere while signing up that you have to download the games in order for them to stay in your download list. Is that true? Or do I just have to go through the "Checkout" to have them. The reason I ask is because I need to upgrade my HDD on my PS3 since I don't have space for some of the larger games like R&C and Infamous and I don't want to lose the ability to play those games in the future when those titles are rotated out. So do I have to actually download and install the games or can I just checkout and download them later (as long as my subscription is still going).

Check out and download them later

5th December: Batman: Arkham City (PS3)
5th December: LIMBO (PS3)
5th December: Vanquish (PS3)

And you had Crysis 2 too? What is it about Europe Sony loves so much more than US?

PS+ is amazing. It was the right idea to essentially create an ever-expanding library of free games for continuing subscribers, but motivating you to stay subscribed all the time by requiring you to get them in your download list each month. This is actually a value.
It's pretty funny for me cause I decried PS+ with such colorful language like "fucking stupid" and "Sony fleecing consumers" until I actually got it from that PASBR promotion and realized there were actually a lot of pretty good games I suddenly had for free.

Damn... bought Arkham City on Friday... 15 bucks though, no regrets. GOTY edition with all the content, and the priceless cover art, I mean, reviews.

Dingotech

Hopefully the US offering is good as well...

Just looking at Mortal Kombat Vita, and holy crap at the trophy requirements... you would need to play the thing as a fulltime job for a good year to get them all.......

Duffyside

Banned
Pretty much. Its insane. Its the reason I own a PS3 and Vita.

Having a EU and US account is awesome. So many games....

People have been saying this for the past few months. It hasn't let up.

Did you really buy both systems because of Plus, or are you saying you would have gotten rid of them if Plus didn't exist? Always been curious if Plus was tantalizing enough to make people get the system itself.

And I agree with you about EU keeping strong. I think the publishers are clearly happy with the deal they're getting, and so I wouldn't expect it to stop at this point.

Did you really buy both systems because of Plus, or are you saying you would have gotten rid of them if Plus didn't exist? Always been curious if Plus was tantalizing enough to make people get the system itself.

And I agree with you about EU keeping strong. I think the publishers are clearly happy with the deal they're getting, and so I wouldn't expect it to stop at this point.

Bought them both because of plus after the IGC announcement. I had a 360 and sold it for a PS3.

There were other reasons (having easier access to other regions stores was one.)

I don't even have a Vita yet and I already got Uncharted, Gravity Rush, Mortal Kombat and bunch of smaller games on my Vita backlog + ASBR due to crossbuy. Are you trying to seduce me Sony?

PS+ IS too good to be true and Sony is friggin insane with it dealing free month codes left and right. I remember groaning when PS+ was introduced at E3 and I punch myself daily because of it.

Already have Batman and Limbo but if GAF is to be believed Vanquish isn't half bad either.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
I own Limbo for both PC and PS3 but that's pretty neat that more will "enjoy" it. Batman I'm currently playing on PC but it's great to have it on both. Vanquish is just awesome to get to play. I've been on the fence since it was announced.

GeoramA

I wish the guys in charge of SCEE's PS+ content were in charge of SCE as a whole. They've shown more than anybody what gamers want.

Vanquish, Arkham City, MK Vita...SCEA about to get schooled once again.

vg260

This went from being kind of a joke to a great service real quick recently.

MS needs to respond. This is making Live more and more worthless.

impact

Banned
I wish the guys in charge of SCEE's PS+ content were in charge of SCE as a whole. They've shown more than anybody what gamers want.

Vanquish, Arkham City, MK Vita...SCEA about to get schooled once again.

THIS

Cut the other teams and make these guys in charge of your whole service worldwide. Plz Sony

Top Bottom