• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Direct PS5 Pre-Order Shipments to Be in Waves, Second Wave Set for December Per Official Email

ManaByte

PS5-first-wave-shipment-screen-1.png

However, over on reddit a number of users have also confirmed receiving the same email from Sony, with some stating that theirs pre-orders aren’t due until December when the second shipment is expected to go out. It does go without saying for those first wave shipment that the company has worded the expected delivering to be “mid november,” meaning there’s a possibility it may not arrive to buyers home on the same day the PS5 launches. As we get closer to launch this November, we do expect to see that be a more definite arrival date.

Tarin02543

I've signed up directly with Sony for a pre-order. If I haven't received an email until now, can I still expect feedback down the line?

I got txt from retailer (Sony doesnt sell stuff directly here) today, that Im getting PS5 from the first batch, that sold out in minutes. Should arrive on launch day

Some get theirs january - march, because demand is so high. Aka even 5 months later if thet order it now.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
BTW I told you guys the initial shipments will always be to make happy big retailers partners.

Last edited:

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
This would be fine for me, if I could just get a digital and they ship it when it was avaible I’d be fine with that. The hunting is what sucks.

Apple does preordering the best. Last time I got phones for the family 2 of the 3 were day one and the 3rd took an extra week or so. Didn’t have to hunt and refresh pages endlessly.

Last edited:
Reactions: MrS

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
From the post above yours it looks like other countries may get shafted even worse.

Wouldn't be surprised at all to see this happen with Microsoft too.

Yay covid.
Just saying it's only 1 person from Australia saying December.

But I googled and I guess AUS is supposed to be in the initial November 12th run.

ExKing

says GAF is a racist board but still wants to be a part of it...
I told people not to expect record sales numbers. Not enough units available.

kyoji

you guys never owned a console at launch? shipments are usually tight covid or not, i remember trying to get a ps2 at launch and could not find one anywhere. But that was before online retail shopping was a major thing.

RafterXL

Well shit, I'm glad I snagged a Bestbuy pre-order before the invitation one. I already didn't get a Series X, or a 3080, having to wait until Dec. to get a PS5 would really piss me off.

ManaByte

you guys never owned a console at launch? shipments are usually tight covid or not, i remember trying to get a ps2 at launch and could not find one anywhere. But that was before online retail shopping was a major thing.

The PS2 launch was probably the worse and most people think Sony artificially created a shortage.

Sony wouldn't send PS2s to gaming sites like IGN or GameSpot, instead deciding that the NY Times and Time Magazine needed the consoles more. So at IGN we had to camp out in front of the Sony Metreon in San Francisco for 18 hours just to get consoles needed in the office to review games:
tOSDU2a.jpg

OUE5ZN3.jpg

7Yynfhq.jpg

DtGRV7I.jpg

yfWHko0.jpg

qhBpWvX.jpg

8KUYL82.jpg

TheGejsza

Yesterday, in Poland, I pre-ordered PS5 in mediaexpert. I was curious if they got avaibility so I emailed them and they said that there is high probability that I will recieve my console day1. Today there is no option to preorder anymore. I am curious if I will get my console - personally I doubt I'll get it day1. Just hope they can give me a 100% sure info if I'll get or not PS5 day1 about 1-2 weeks before launch day.

Rayderism

Well, I guess by the time I get a PS5, I'll know everything Sony won't tell you about it, specifically the bad things, because you KNOW there will be those things that people won't like. I plan to wait until I can buy one in a store. I figure by the time I get it any flaws or defects will be worked out.

Should they not have, you know, mentioned that before?

Lots of people seemed to wait because they trusted their ‘special invite’ was a guarantee.

Perhaps a teachable moment here - ease up on your devotion to this terrible company - but still...

Thabass

The PS2 launch was probably the worse and most people think Sony artificially created a shortage.

Sony wouldn't send PS2s to gaming sites like IGN or GameSpot, instead deciding that the NY Times and Time Magazine needed the consoles more. So at IGN we had to camp out in front of the Sony Metreon in San Francisco for 18 hours just to get consoles needed in the office to review games:
tOSDU2a.jpg

OUE5ZN3.jpg

7Yynfhq.jpg

DtGRV7I.jpg

yfWHko0.jpg

qhBpWvX.jpg

8KUYL82.jpg

Ah, so you were at IGN. I thought I recognized the name.

diffusionx

Gold Member
Pre-order after the system came out? Just fuck my shit up fam

tOSDU2a.jpg

OUE5ZN3.jpg

7Yynfhq.jpg

DtGRV7I.jpg

yfWHko0.jpg

qhBpWvX.jpg

8KUYL82.jpg

And yet those were the best times for vidya.

chonga

Probably worth pointing out that this is not PlayStation direct orders. PlayStation Direct is only in operation in the US as far as I know. Definitely not in Australia.

MoreJRPG

Suffers from extreme PDS
Yikes. That’s bad PR, at least EB Games in Australia gave people the heads up they were preordering wave 2. Not screwing over first wave people.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
I spent the night in camped in front of a Best Buy’s for A ps2 surrounded by excited gamers. When I went to pick up my switch at a mid night launch at the same Best Buy’s it was all resellers...

Last edited:

Nattan

Already got the message from the retailer that I don't fit in the first batch. Time estimation given for the second batch was the same that Sony gave here. Third batch was estimated to be next year.
I pre-ordered 3 months ago.

reinking

Gold Member
Glad I'm getting it from Amazon.
Did you get one of these emails?
We're contacting you about your order of PlayStation 5 Console to let you know in advance that you may not receive this item on the day it is released due to high demand. We’ll make every effort to get the item to you as soon as possible once released.

I was in on Amazon before the link went public (I am sure like many others, thanks Wario64). My initial thought is they are preparing people about shipping time and it may not arrive on day one. Not that it will be a second wave of consoles. I am starting to re-think that.

Last edited:

M.W.

Did you get one of these emails?

I was in on Amazon before the link went public (I am sure like many others, thanks Wario64). My initial thought is they are preparing people about shipping time and it may not arrive on day one. Not that it will be a second wave of consoles. I am starting to re-think that.

I did but I'll have the Series X already so no rush in getting it.

Orky

Banned
A pre order AFTER the retail release date?
Is this real? Or some 4chan like rumor?

It’s true apparently. Someone bought a unit day one, right after preorders opened and they had to delay his unit for the second wave in December.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I thought the limited invite would have meant they only took orders for what they could cover on launch day. I'll keep my other Amazon order and just cancel which one is set to ship second at this point.

Dodkrake

Banned
You pre-order. If they have no stock for november, they deliver in december. If you waited for december, you'd probably be getting it by February. This is easy to understand.

And if mine only arrives in December, don't care. As long as I get it, it'll be fine.

I thought the limited invite would have meant they only took orders for what they could cover on launch day. I'll keep my other Amazon order and just cancel which one is set to ship second at this point.

Are we actually able to cancel our direct orders? I know I was already charged for it.

Top Bottom