• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Plus September -- inFamous, RIGS, Child of Light

Vashetti

Banned
No problem. They need at least to announce that. They give some free content for PSN Plus but there is no way to be aware of it. Only way is to stumble in them by coincidence or see someone who did post about them. Really bad way of ommunicating about free content.

PS Plus.

black070

Well to be honest. If I wanted to reassure a person worried about his investment for this month, I would say something like that to reassure him for this month, not make him wait to see what's coming for the month to follow if the imminent month sucks for him.
It's a way to psychologically communicate things to disappointed customers.

This is the OP's post:

Already have almost all of the games as usual but theres a lot of fantastic things going on this upcoming month. Nice job team.

They aren't complaining.

Yes and then he compliments the PS+ team twice. So then the PS guy is like thanks for that, sorry for the repeats, check in next month.

This is the OP's post:

They aren't complaining.
I didn't complain when they offered great games that I owned before like Until Dawn and I even thanked them to allow such games to be played by most people.
Owning one game from that list is fine. Owning all is not that praise worthy or beneficial.
The reply made it seem as if they will offer "more great stuff" (exactly like in the reply) to compensate his non benefit from this same month.

They should have made it clear tbh. This is still misleading.

Iacobellis

Not sure if this is happening to anybody else, but two discounted games are showing up on the free section for me in the NA store. Be careful if you're one to quickly click through every item and checkout.

VT6pWEr.png

Cess007

Not sure if this is happening to anybody else, but two discounted games are showing up on the free section for me in the NA store. Be careful if you're one to quickly click through every item and checkout.

VT6pWEr.png

Same for me on MEX store. I was about to checkout when I noticed the price on them.

Maledict

Child of Light is truly stunning. Didn't realise it was a proper RPG, and graphically it's one of the most beautiful and consistent game worlds I've seen. Really taken me by surprise how good it is.

3 years later and inFamous SS still looks amazing and the (almost) 60fps performance makes it a great reason to replay.

Can't wait to see what Sucker Punch has been cooking up these last few years. Hopefully we see at E3 '18.

Bummed that Child of Light isn't part of the US month. I was under the impression it was, so the disappointment hit me like a brick. :(

Can't wait to see what Sucker Punch has been cooking up these last few years. Hopefully we see at E3 '18.

Bummed that Child of Light isn't part of the US month. I was under the impression it was, so the disappointment hit me like a brick. :(

I wish we could exchange, because I already owned Child of Light. :D

Same, just went to "buy" the games and realized no Child of Light. Oh well I will probably never get around to playing any of these anyway as with all PS+ months.

DonF

But it lacks the most important reason to play a game, fun!

Its fun but easily forgettable. I grabbed a friend's copy for a weekend, platinum'ed it and returned it. Great graphics, sweet game, but very short. Also lacks replay value.

LordPhantX

Neo Member
Child of Light is truly stunning. Didn't realise it was a proper RPG, and graphically it's one of the most beautiful and consistent game worlds I've seen. Really taken me by surprise how good it is.

Yeah just finished it 2 hours ago it was amazing and you can continue in NG+ with stronger foes. I reached lvl 50 and completed all side quest maybe I'll try NG+ later.

Neith

Banned
Lol thanks to PS+ I've finished a marathon. :D

111ccrlp.jpg

The game aims to hit 60fps but rarely does so. They've added the 30fps cap limit option if you're bothered by fps changes.

To be honest I tried their cap option and for whatever reason it does not look very good to me. Same thing with TLOU 30 cap. Looked like garbage for whatever reason. Maybe it's the artstyle IDK.

score01

Anyone else having issues with the brightness/contrast on Second Son? Playing on a PS4Pro with Bravia 1080p set so no HDR shenanigans. Sometimes the game just gets dark, move the camera around towards sky and all gets lighter again. Move it back down and it gets dark again. Almost like transitioning to night time but it's still daytime?

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Anyone else having issues with the brightness/contrast on Second Son? Playing on a PS4Pro with Bravia 1080p set so no HDR shenanigans. Sometimes the game just gets dark, move the camera around towards sky and all gets lighter again. Move it back down and it gets dark again. Almost like transitioning to night time but it's still daytime?

Do you have on your TV's auto backlight mode that changes the intensity of of the backlight dynamically? Turn it off.

score01

Do you have on your TV's auto backlight mode that changes the intensity of of the backlight dynamically? Turn it off.

Nope. Double checked and all switched off. Playing on game mode on my tv. I have a couple of post processing options on but it is the same with all switched off. No other game has done this.

Feels like some sort of fake hdr eyes adjusting to brightness type of effect.

Not sure if this is where to ask. I tried infamous the other day on my playstation pro and the fans have been revving a lot of the time. Is that normal?

Mithos

Not sure if this is where to ask. I tried infamous the other day on my playstation pro and the fans have been revving a lot of the time. Is that normal?

inFamous Second Son sometimes makes my Pro run the fans like mad, not always but sometimes.

First time I was like, whats that sound, turned off the sound receiver and, oh the PS4 fans...

inFamous Second Son sometimes makes my Pro run the fans like mad, not always but sometimes.

First time I was like, whats that sound, turned off the sound receiver and, oh the PS4 fans...

I assume it's just the game. Nioh did the same thing on some menus. I played everybody's golf last week for 2 hrs straight and never heard the fan.

Top Bottom