• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Plus September -- inFamous, RIGS, Child of Light

LOL they're doing the US/EU difference shenanigans again?

So glad I didn't renew this piece of shit service.

I'm getting to that point, myself. I play on PC too and find paying for multiplayer is just moronic. Truth be told, though, I bought into a 12 month for PS+ because of Bloodborne. Luckily, I only paid 39 for it.

Savantcore

Unconfirmed Member
Updated picture keeps floating up on the EU store but no sign of the games yet. Probs around lunchtime, in case anyone is wondering.

lDGNpM3.png

Since I've already played Second Son and Child of Light, it looks like I'll have to settle with Hatoful Boyfriend, whatever the hell that is. A visual novel with birds instead of chicks apparently.

RodzTF

Platinumed I:SS, really enjoyed my time with it so might dip into it again

Not sure if Child of Light is my sorta thing but will look deeper

Nice month Sony good job

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
It seems like the team responsible for NA PS Plus gets always determined to ensure that their offerings are inferior compared to the teams for EU or Asia region.

Their dedication to shittiness is admirable.

Shin

Banned
I'll wait until the US store updates, can't be arsed to go looking for each title.
A bit bummed out about Child of Light since it's on my wishlist, but at least I get ISS which is also on the list.

The "extra surprise" in the past has been some currencies for F2P games, so there is rarely a need to get excited about that

No problem. They need at least to announce that. They give some free content for PSN Plus but there is no way to be aware of it. Only way is to stumble in them by coincidence or see someone who did post about them. Really bad way of ommunicating about free content.

dralla

Everyone planning on playing Child of Light, play it on Hard. The combat is significantly more enjoyable when you actually have to swap characters and use specific abilities as opposed to spamming regular attacks (which works on Normal).

black070

When this was posted, it was still August. So "next month" literally means this month.

.. it's a blog post about September's monthly line-up, the comment in question reads:

Check in next month, we have some more great stuff coming.

That is clearly referring to October's line-up, I don't know why you even put "extra surprise" in quotations in your original comment, let alone complain about it when that is clearly not whats been said.

.. it's a blog post about September's monthly line-up, the comment in question reads:

That is clearly referring to October's line-up, I don't know why you even put "extra surprise" in quotations in your original comment, let alone complain about it when that is clearly not whats been said.

Well the person in the blog was complaining that he owns all those games of the "next month" which is September since like I said before, this was made in Augist so next month is September and the the one working at the blog, replied him to reassure him: "Check in next month, we have some more great stuff coming.
I really don't how this is clearly referring to October's line-up while it is clearly highlighting that "more" stuff which means extra stuff wil be added.
If itw as for October's line-up he would have said, new stuff, or other stuff.

black070

Well the person in the blog was complaining that he owns all those games of the "next month" which is September since like I said before, this was made in Augist so next month is September and the the one working at the blog, replied him to reassure him: "Check in next month, we have some more great stuff coming.
I really don't how this is clearly referring to October's line-up while it is clearly highlighting that "more" stuff which means extra stuff wil be added.

You think they'd announce more Plus September content via a reply in the comments section ? The more is referring to the OP's comment in praising September's line-up, as in assuring that the level of quality will be maintained.. I mean, damn - how anyone could read that and think they've been promised an extra surprise is beyond me.

Mosse

Neo Member

I took it more as come back in a month to the "ps+ games in october" blog post to see more stuff coming for ps+ users.

what has happened to the PS store in the last month or so. constantly telling me either the site is not available or specific page is missing?

You think they'd announce more Plus September content via a reply in the comments section ? The more is referring to the OP's comment in praising September's line-up, as in assuring that the level of quality will be maintained.. I mean, damn - how anyone could read that and think they've been promised an extra surprise is beyond me.

I took it more as come back in a month to the "ps+ games in october" blog post to see more stuff coming for ps+ users.

I am a pragmatic person. I don't analyse written lines by imagining the poster's possible intentions and how he could have wanted to say something or didn't intend to. I analyse literally what has been written. This is not litterature. If he meant this for October's month, he should have made it clear and not prone to personal interpretations.
And in the past, I think they added a game or two in some months at the middle of the month, or at least made it free in a secret way.

I am a pragmatic person. I don't analyse written lines by imagining the poster's possible intentions and how he could have wanted to say something or didn't intend to. I analyse literally what has been written. This is not litterature. If he meant this for October's month, he should have made it clear and not prone to personal interpretations.
And in the past, I think they added a game or two in some months at the middle of the month, or at least made it free in a secret way.
Context is key.

Context is key.

Well to be honest. If I wanted to reassure a person worried about his investment for this month, I would say something like that to reassure him for this month, not make him wait to see what's coming for the month to follow if the imminent month sucks for him.
It's a way to psychologically communicate things to disappointed customers.
Anyway.
I don't know why many are against extra stuff for this month. For example another Instant Collection like That's You.
If not then I hope next month would present more interesting things for all customers and AAA games most of them didn't get yet.

Mifune

Mehmber
Well to be honest. If I wanted to reassure a person worried about his investment for this month, I would say something like that to reassure him for this month, not make him wait to see what's coming for the month to follow if the imminent month sucks for him.
It's a way to psychologically communicate things to disappointed customers.

The imminent month doesn't "suck" for him. What blog posts are you reading?

The imminent month doesn't "suck" for him. What blog posts are you reading?

The one the PS Blog poster answered: "Already have almost all of the games as usual". That is why the reply made it seem as if they will offer "more great stuff" (exactly like in the reply) to compensate his non benefit from this same month.

Top Bottom