• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS+ survey hints at possible new features

Chola

Banned
- Discounts on PS hardware and accessories, (controllers, and headsets)
How often do you buy hardware
- Monthly PS+ contests with prizes
You will not win
- PS+ knowledgebase (Forum for PS+ members)
Why do we need this and how is this a feature
- Discounts on Sony products (TV's, cameras, smartphones)
Again, how often do you buy hardware
- Discounts on lifestyle products (newspapersubscriptions, movietickets, fast food, travel fare.
probability only in selected regions and stores
- PS+ gaming tournaments with prizes.
This is the best one in here, you will not win anyway but at least you can have fun taking part in the tournament
- Free movies every month.
ok, let individuals choose the movie they want
- Discounts on popular streamingservices (Netflix, HBO Nordic, Spotify)
This one is decent too

Z3M0G

I'm honestly surprised they haven't started free monthly movies yet... that seems like a no-brainer.

jurec84

Unconfirmed Member
They should just give a permanent 50% discount on all older Sony games (games older than 1 year).

Kill3r7

If the trade off is dropping PS3/Vita games for any of these additional features then it is no go for me. I would want better or more PS4 offerings or alternatively a
10% or 20%off discount on all PSN purchases.

FelipeMGM

If the trade off is dropping PS3/Vita games for any of these additional features then it is no go for me. I would want better or more PS4 offerings or alternatively a 10% or 20%off discount on all PSN purchases.

Yeah, when they drop PS3 and later Vita I want them to be replaced for more PS4 games.

Neku89

Uhm, we already have some of those things in Italy with Playstation Plus Bonus: every month you can request three coupons, one for a small discount on a Sony product, one for some online store, one for some kind of service. For example, this month we have 10€ off a >100€ purchase on a tech store (Redcoon) and 10% off Best Western hotels (strangely, the page for the Sony product is empty). It's nothing groundbreaking, but you can find decent deals every now and then.

Oh, and I guess we have official PS tournaments too. Dunno if they have prizes, though.

OVDRobo

None of this interests me personally as a non-movie person, though I suppose it's nice that they're trying to add value to the subscription, unless they're planning on upping the price to accommodate, in which case they'll have finally given me cause to outright cancel my subscription instead of just thinking about it every month.

Make it so I can view PSP/Vita/PS3 and PS4 PS+ stuff on the PS4. I'm tired of booting up every device just to see whats there each month.

GRIMREEFZ

I think movies would just create more complaints than anything. People's movie tastes are very divisive. Hardware discounts would be the big winner.

Kill3r7

I think movies would just create more complaints than anything. People's movie tastes are very divisive. Hardware discounts would be the big winner.

The real question is how competitive would the hardware discounts be compared to sales from other retailers like Amazon, BestBuy, Target etc?

a lot of those sound very region specific :p The forum is the worst idea, current PS-forums are basically the same, 90% have PS+ anyways and it's just full of junk convos.

BR.
-Noisepurge whose PSN still doesn't have a movies section.

I'd rather they just improved the monthly free games. If people want movies on a cheap subscription basis they'll subscribe to Netflix or Amazon.

Ted

Why would I want any of that [with the possible exception of HW discounts/tournaments] tied into my online gaming subscription?

Shame there is no option for a reduced PS+ with a reduced fee for just multiplayer.

Movies. If only to hear every month bitching about "oh, great, another indie flick".

Lol, I wouldn't mind, but I'll be bitching about not being able to watch that damn movie, as last time I checked, there is no Movie section on the Swiss PSN...but I have to admit that was probably at least 1 year ago, I doubt it changed though(?)

Edit: oh, I forgot I've got a UK PS+ so wouldn't change anything anyway ;)

Why would I want any of that [with the possible exception of HW discounts/tournaments] tied into my online gaming subscription?

Shame there is no option for a reduced PS+ with a reduced fee for just multiplayer.

they should just bump the PS+ games quality back up to the "golden age" levels of retail games every month :/

Spence

I got the survey in Swedish and the translation was a total mess. The gist of it seems to be expanding PS+ to other Sony products. IMO i would rather see PS+ being playstation and gaming exclusive.

DarkTom

- Discounts on popular streamingservices (Netflix, HBO Nordic, Spotify)

Yes please.
I'm a long-time Spotify premium user.
I used to have Netflix during a few months but I don't watch that much TV shows to justify it. If there is a nice discount I could get back in more durably, especially if the movies selection has been upgraded. For now I'll only renew my sub for a month when the next seasons of Daredevil and Attack On Titan will be out.

The free movies could be good on paper but I'm sure I won't care by the selection (already seen or not interested in).

Matticers

- PS+ knowledgebase (Forum for PS+ members)

Sweet, what a great feature. An official place to complain about the boring monthly indie game selections.

KingV

Why would I need discounts on lifestyle products? I have my Xbox Live GamerCard - physical edition for that.

More discounts is pretty nice. I might buy more hardware if there was a discount. I need/want a lot of HT stuff.

Don't know why people are down on more discounts, features aren't being taken away.

The exclusive forum? Meh.

ElCidTmax

A knowledgebase makes sense - this usually benefits the vendor as much as the customers.

Free movies would be a good way to drive people toward their movie rentals.

This list reads like a list of marketing ideas, more than a list of 'features'.

Top Bottom