• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general advice thread, part 3 | Veni, vidi, Vita

Status
Not open for further replies.

patsu

If you're looking for a platformer, Mutant Blobs should scratch that itch as well as (if not better than) other 2D platformers.

Syn23

You don't like good games? :(
I will end up playing it sooner or later, but right now I want something more "action", if this definition makes any sense for a platformer.

edit:
Super Stardust Delta? :D
Already played and gotten all the trophies. Great game but it isn't a platformer.

Do you only want certain kinds of platformers, then? You didn't really specify. Mutant Blobs Attack is a fantastic platformer, but if you're not really wanting a 2D platformer, then it's understandable.
You're right, I was too generic, but from what I've seen there aren't really a lot of platformers in the PSP libraries.

patsu

You get to swallow up humans and stuff in Mutant Blobs. You're looking for R&C style action/fighting/combat platformer ?

Wonko_C

I've already played Rayman and, I'm not entirely sure, but if you're talking about Tales from Space Mutant Blobs Attack, it's not the kind of game I want to play right now.

I'm considering Ultimate Ghosts 'n Goblins but I'm afraid it's too frustrating.

It is frustrating (to me). I didn't have enough patience to get good enough at it to get all the items necessary for the true ending, and this is coming from someone who obliterated Ghouls 'N Ghosts and Super GNG when I was younger. It is much, much more forgiving than the old ones though, you can take more hits, have a lot of lives and respawn exactly where you died.

If you want an action platformer consider Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles and Megaman: Maverick Hunter X, hell even Ys: The Oath in Felghana (Action game with RPG elements and light platforming) just because it's badass.

Syn23

You get to swallow up humans and stuff in Mutant Blobs. You're looking for R&C style action/fighting/combat platformer ?
Yes, pretty much something like that. A fast "action" platformer, basically. Actually I think Ultimate Ghost'n'Goblins would be the perfect fit, if it wasn't too frustrating, like other Gaffers are saiyng.

Daxter is a pretty fun platformer on the PSP. I think there's a bundle with it and another game for $15 on PSN.
Ok thanks, I'll check it out.

If you want an action platformer consider Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles and Megaman: Maverick Hunter X, hell even Ys: The Oath in Felghana (Action game with RPG elements and light platforming) just because it's badass.
Great, thanks.

FireCloud

Has anyone heard anything about when Zen Pinball 2 is releasing for the Vita?

I thought it was supposed to be out this month (don't know why I thought that) but the month is running out.

Just noticed:
Pixeljunk Monsters Deluxe is now downloadable from the PS Vita store (US).
Noted from my download history - purchased a few weeks back.

VanWinkle

Just noticed:

Awesome!

Just checked my Vita's PS Store download list, and about all of my minis (I have about 40) are downloadable now! Double awesome!

KalBalboa

Banned
Just noticed:

Downloaded it by going to the PSP Games section on my Vita- thanks for the heads up!

I'll be using Vita's Party app along with the PJ Monster's online co-op for many-a-session of cooperative bliss.

VanWinkle

Man, you guys, Pix'n Love Rush looks brilliant, like it was made for Vita. Soo good. I purposely didn't play much of my minis so I could play them all on Vita.

yurinka

Man, you guys, Pix'n Love Rush looks brilliant, like it was made for Vita. Soo good. I purposely didn't play much of my minis so I could play them all on Vita.
This game is fucking awesome.
PSY・S;38095944 said:
But didn't the original game run like crap? The Vita version of LoS2 is almost guaranteed to be sub-native res/sub-30fps if LoS2 runs as poorly on home consoles as the first game did. If it's a direct port of course.
No, it was fine. As I remember was 30 fps with some dips when the game was under strees in some few places (giant bosses with a lot of effects, etc).

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
*shrugs*

People act like all the Vita will have is ports of console games, while ignoring the significant number of original Vita only titles that have been announced, have released on the platform.

It's natural for people to want tons of games on their platforms of choice, but realistically, we don't have all that time to devote to tons of games, and most of the time, we'll fixate on one game for months and months at a time, even when there are plenty of titles to choose from.

The Vita has a compelling software lineup, and the PSP BC is great for those that didn't own a PSP, or did, but missed out on a lot of games for various reasons.

I play my Vita at home, on the bus, at work during breaks (sometimes DURING work when it's painfully slow and we don't have anything on the table).

I don't view my Vita as a "PS3-too," but I love the idea of getting PS3 quality experiences on the go. And by PS3 quality, I simply mean games that don't feel like handheld filler.

Uncharted was excellent. As was wipEout 2048. Rayman Origins, ditto. SSD, Mutant Blobs Attack, Motorstorm RC, and quite a few others were quality, clean looking, and a great teaser as to the potential of the system.

I'm eagerly awaiting Ragnarok Odyssey, Gravity Rush, Warrior's Lair, LBP, Persona, Zero Escape, and PBR, to name only a few. Add that to my already existing Vita library, and I have a ton of games to keep me busy. I already have over 15 games on my system right now that I'm working through.

I couldn't make that claim with my PlayStation 2, Xbox, Gamecube, 360, and PS3 within 3 months of it's North American release, and within 6 months of it's Japanese release.

If you can't find something on the Vita to keep you busy while you wait for more titles, then perhaps the system just isn't for you. My biggest problem with my Vita was deciding WHAT to buy, not hunting for things TO buy.

Saroyan

Have Sony said anything about when they might fix Vita trophies so they show up on PS3?

Not a huge deal of course, but it would be nice to have my Vita games on my trophy list when I pull it up on the PS3.

Also I think it would be a good idea for Sony since it would show your psn friends that you are playing Vita games and maybe encourage them to get a Vita for themselves.

Cudder

Have Sony said anything about when they might fix Vita trophies so they show up on PS3?

Not a huge deal of course, but it would be nice to have my Vita games on my trophy list when I pull it up on the PS3.

Also I think it would be a good idea for Sony since it would show your psn friends that you are playing Vita games and maybe encourage them to get a Vita for themselves.

I want these to happen so bad. When you pull up your friends list on the Vita you can already tell who's playing a Vita and who's not by the little Vita icon instead of the regular controller. They just need to get that on the PS3.

dc89

PixelJunk Monsters is working in Australia for me now! What else did they add?

PixelJunk Monsters, on your Vita?!

HOW

I think that originates from GAF, and the guy who posted about it works for Sony in some capacity if I'm not mistaken. So it might be an internal beta.

I know someone that code their code today. He said it was an internal beta and not the public one. He reviews games etc.

Chesskid1

Banned

patsu

Picked up Persona 3 Portable, seems interesting so far. Also looks nice on Vita screen.

Muahahaha, I have been grinding P3P since I can't remember when. ^_^

Great game ! I bought Persona 2 halfway through P3P too just because I liked P3P so much. 8^P

Ran rp

A new update is available for the Netflix app. It addresses pretty much everyone's complaints. The app no longer hangs when locking and unlocking the Vita, the UI is much faster, there is no more screen tearing, and the brightness is no longer capped at 80%. Everyone who uses Netflix should go update.

patsu

PSY・S;38107364 said:
A new update is available for the Netflix app. It addresses pretty much everyone's complaints. The app no longer hangs when locking and unlocking the Vita, the UI is much faster, there is no more screen tearing, and the brightness is no longer capped at 80%. Everyone who uses Netflix should go update.

No official announcement ? Shame on 'em !

VanWinkle

PSY・S;38107364 said:

Awesome! Thanks, man!

Just tried it. UI is definitely faster, but still not great. Very glad about the that it doesn't go back to the interface home after unlocking the Vita, though. Very nice.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies

Nope.
At this point I'm hoping there's going to be a near or after E3 firmware update for both the PS3 and Vita, one to sort out the issues of one not seeing the other, and two bringing PS1 support.

Both would make me a happy chappy, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom