• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general advice thread, part 3 | Veni, vidi, Vita

Status
Not open for further replies.

KalBalboa

Banned
thanks for the insight into your ass.

+1.

The PlayStation One has a really, really great catalog of games that hold up really well on a smaller screen. Playing through the original Silent Hill and Resident Evil 3 on my PSP back in college was a great experience.

Is Crisis Core available on PSN and playable on Vita by any chance? Probably a stupid question given both Sony and SE's track record...

jbug617

Banned
Anybody know if Fate Unlimited Code (about to be removed from PSN) works on Vita. I found some people say it does but no official answer from Sony.

xxczx

I can guarantee you it is a feature less than 1% of vita owners have an interest in.
ByOTd.gif

Teknoman

I'm guessing it's not financially that important for them, it's more about about them living up to certain expectations, when comparing the Vita to the PSP.

And people don't play PS1 games for nostalgia, some of them actually hold up well.

This. I still need to play Alundra, Breath of Fire IV, Final Fantasy VIII (actually beat it), Legend of Mana, Wild Arms 2, the upcoming Tomba, Front Mission 3, Vagrant Story, Suikoden 1, and the list goes on.

PS1 support is important.

EDIT: Can you imagine if Einhander finally released on PSN outside of japan, and was playable on the Vita?

Cookie18

Speaking of actual Vita games. Is anybody trying for the crowns in Everybody's Golf? I started earlier but it was taking a good 2 hours or so per crown. I'm doing the daily tournaments now to level my character because the pro courses are so hard.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
This. I still need to play Alundra, Breath of Fire IV, Final Fantasy VIII (actually beat it), Legend of Mana, Wild Arms 2, the upcoming Tomba, Front Mission 3, Vagrant Story, Suikoden 1, and the list goes on.

PS1 support is important.

EDIT: Can you imagine if Einhander finally released on PSN outside of japan, and was playable on the Vita?
Just the mentioning of all those games gets me pumped.

IMACOMPUTA

Where is my Heart is such a fantastic game.

Are there other minis with that kind of quality? I'm not feeling Velocity, so it's good that it was free on PS+.

This is probably the only thing i post in this thread..

But is "Where is my Heart?" supported on US Vitas yet?

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
This is probably the only thing i post in this thread..

But is "Where is my Heart?" supported on US Vitas yet?
Currently only possible by downloading it to a PS3 first, and then copying the bubbled install file to the Vita via the Content Manager.

G_Berry

Banned
OK so I'm going to be selling some vita games and was just wondering what the process for doing so is? I want to make sure all my data is gone etc.

Cookie18

OK so I'm going to be selling some vita games and was just wondering what the process for doing so is? I want to make sure all my data is gone etc.

I believe that you just delete the little bubble and that takes care of everything. Games I have sold don't seem to have any data on my system after I have done that.

G_Berry

Banned
So if I've backed up my Vita to my PS3, is the game data for the games also backed up?

I mean, is there any saved data etc stored on the cart itself? And, if so, how do I back that up?

Cookie18

So I delete the bubble while the cart is in the Vita?

The cart doesn't have to be in the Vita. The save data is attached to the bubble though. The data would delete from the Vita by deleting the bubble. I haven't backed up so I can't answer whether or not the save data is safely on the PS3.

Benedict

The cart doesn't have to be in the Vita. The save data is attached to the bubble though. The data would delete from the Vita by deleting the bubble. I haven't backed up so I can't answer whether or not the save data is safely on the PS3.

I sold two games yesterday but forgot about the data files.
It was Everybody's Golf and Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom.
What should I do to erase game data on my system? If I can?

Edit: DOH!

9-10 days away from finally purchasing the Vita. Here's what I know I'll be getting:

Wifi model
32GB card
$50 PSN card
Screen protector
Gravity Rush
Carrying case

Now about the screen protectors, Hori is still the best one, right? Also, are there any protectors for the rear touch pad available?

And what's the best carrying case available right now?

spats

9-10 days away from finally purchasing the Vita. Here's what I know I'll be getting:

Wifi model
32GB card
$50 PSN card
Screen protector
Gravity Rush
Carrying case

Now about the screen protectors, Hori is still the best one, right? Also, are there any protectors for the rear touch pad available?

And what's the best carrying case available right now?

I freaking adore this official one.

http://youtu.be/YnAtsdhQtYg

High quality, versatile and looks sweet. You can have it on your Vita all the time and it's become one of my favourite accessories. Protects the screen as well as the analog sticks. Leaves the sides unprotected though, so if you're planning on throwing the Vita in a bag with a pair of keys or some other sharp objects, they may scratch the system.

I actually bought the starter kit, which came with the official carrying case as well as a soft pouch. Been really happy about that purchase.

dc89

Right I've finally got myself a 16GB memory card. Currently I am using 8GB. What's the best way of transferring all my purchases, photos, game save data etc to the new card?

Massa

Right I've finally got myself a 16GB memory card. Currently I am using 8GB. What's the best way of transferring all my purchases, photos, game save data etc to the new card?

Backup your Vita to a PC or PS3 (or both) using the Content Manager app.

Turn off the Vita. Replace card. Turn it back on.

Restore the previous backup. Set up your PSN account again.

dc89

Backup your Vita to a PC or PS3 (or both) using the Content Manager app.

Turn off the Vita. Replace card. Turn it back on.

Restore the previous backup. Set up your PSN account again.

Sweet. Couldn't be easier I guess. Thanks for the help!

I somehow fear instead of a price reduction we will get a slight price increase in some countries. The PS Vita costs right now 199 Euro (it was 230 Euro some time ago) at amazon.de, but I think they maybe just are making room for the newly announced bundles with 4 GB card and a Uncharted digital download code. I am afraid that they will increase they price again to 230 Euro or more when the bundle arrives. While this is not a bad price for someone who is happy with a Uncharted digital download code, I absolutely do not want to have a game as digital download when I can get a retail version on a separate card. Unfortunately I have to wait until the end of the month before I have some money at my disposal. I will probably get the PS Vita, a 16 GB card, Wipeout 2248 and the Travel Kit.

Cookie18

Gemüsepizza;38424236 said:
I somehow fear instead of a price reduction we will get a slight price increase in some countries. The PS Vita costs right now 199 Euro (it was 230 Euro some time ago) at amazon.de, but I think they maybe just are making room for the newly announced bundles with 4 GB card and a Uncharted digital download code. I am afraid that they will increase they price again to 230 Euro or more when the bundle arrives. While this is not a bad price for someone who is happy with a Uncharted digital download code, I absolutely do not want to have a game as digital download when I can get a retail version on a separate card. Unfortunately I have to wait until the end of the month before I have some money at my disposal.

A 4gb card and digital download of Uncharted wouldn't make much sense since Uncharted is around 3.3gb (IIRC) so you'd only have enough room for that one game on the memory card.

I can see Sony phasing out the 4gb card already because it's basically worthless, I struggle as it is with 8gb.

Cookie18

Gemüsepizza;38424361 said:
I know, but it was reported from several news sites. It seems to be Europe only:

http://www.engadget.com/2012/05/21/ps-vita-bundles/

They should have made a bundle with the retail version of Uncharted and a 4 GB card, I would buy this.

That article only mentions Motorstorm RC as being a download code.

Edit: A little Amazon searching on the Italian website shows that there is a similar FIFA bundle that is a download code. This is a terrible bundle. There's almost no point in including a card, if only the games didn't actually require it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom