• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general advice thread, part 3 | Veni, vidi, Vita

Status
Not open for further replies.

MickeyPhree

I just got Uncharted GA. It was a toss up between this and Wipeout. I've been playing Wipeout since the original back in '95 even though I'm not very good, and I've played all the Uncharted games.

Darknight

Well since Wololo posted this on his blog, I'll post it here.

The new vHBL(Vita homebrew loader) compatible game is Super Collapse 3. Its in US, UK, Canada, Mexico, Finland, Czech, Sweden, and Poland PSN and costs $10. Now if this is not allowed here, please remove this post but I assure the mods that this is specificly for home brew on Vita. You can research this thing if you want. This will not allow piracy at all. Heck, not all homebrew runs just a limited amount unlike a PSP.

This will work on OFW 1.67(current) and will most likely be pulled off psn (Super Collapse 3). So if interested you should buy it but realize that once a new firmware update is up and you update the system, the hack doesn't work any more. Which I believe will be shortly. So if you don't like that or can't live without PSN ,don't even do this as its a waste of money I suppose. (Game itself is pretty crap IMO)

The files aren't release yet but just a heads up on the game that compatible with the hack on our vitas before its pulled.

Raoh

Is this real? No Heroes Allowed! for PS VITA? or is it an app? Or someone's sick joke?

I've never played the series, while looking for a video for Dungeon Keeper (which I never knew was developed by Peter Molyneux) I found many links/discussions to No Heroes Allowed/What Did I Do To Deserve This, My Lord?/Holy Invasion of Privacy, Badman! What Did I Do To Deserve This?.

From what I've read and seen, this is my type of game.

Thinking about spending the $12 I have in my PSN Wallet on No More Heroes!, looked up some videos to help my decision and came across this.

No Heroes Allowed для PS Vita
http://youtu.be/XpXD7VyDZSI

Release Date? Should I just hold off on the psp version and wait for the vita version?

No Heroes Allowed Vita?

As sad as this might sound to some people, that could be the killer app for me... put SO many hours in the Badman games.

Massa

Is this real? No More Heroes! for PS VITA? or is it an app? Or someone's sick joke?

I've never played the series, while looking for a video for Dungeon Keeper (which I never knew was developed by Peter Molyneux) I found many links/discussions to No More Heroes!/What Did I Do To Deserve This, My Lord?/Holy Invasion of Privacy, Badman! What Did I Do To Deserve This?.

From what I've read and seen, this is my type of game.

Thinking about spending the $12 I have in my PSN Wallet on No More Heroes!, looked up some videos to help my decision and came across this.

No Heroes Allowed для PS Vita
http://youtu.be/XpXD7VyDZSI

Release Date? Should I just hold off on the psp version and wait for the vita version?

I think you're confusing No More Heroes and No Heroes Allowed. :p

I would wait for a price drop. I feel there is one coming up but scea taking their sweet time. If you really want it, buy it I guess. I'll buy it when its $10 or less.

For that game to get a price drop someone at Sony would have to remember it exists. Chances of that are not good.

Chris_C

I would wait for a price drop. I feel there is one coming up but scea taking their sweet time. If you really want it, buy it I guess. I'll buy it when its $10 or less.
It really is quite ridiculous. I'm just waiting on the obvious price drop before getting ghost of sparta. Wish more psp games were made available, i imagine all the homebrew stuff hasn't helped and is only slowing down certification.

Raoh

I think you're confusing No More Heroes and No Heroes Allowed. :p

For that game to get a price drop someone at Sony would have to remember it exists. Chances of that are not good.

Fixed my post, I meant No Heroes Allowed but mainstream wise No more heroes is a more popular title and just instinctively typed it out. Glad someone caught my typo.

No Heroes Allowed! is the title I'm asking about. its in the video as well.

Darknight

Guys what I meant is that EU PSN recently got a major price drop on a bunch of PSP games. So I'm hoping scea does the same on a bunch of older titles including S:TS. There was a 30% price reduction before the PSN hack but since PSN went down, I couldn't buy it. Fricking ass hats.

Tactical Strike is worth fifteen smackers. A whole lotta game for such a price.

I've been playing, outside of Rayman, a ton of Gladiator Begins this eve. What a game! A stylish rough diamond. Perfect way to tide sword and sandal fans over until the next season of Spartacus.

I'm not in a rush to buy Socom: TS. I'll wait a bit to see if a price drop does occur. I always assumed the game was terrible because it was developed by Slant Six. I watched a review last night and it looks like my kind of game. Guess I shouldn't have judged it without really looking into it. Anyway, I just bought Disgaea 3 and will have Mortal Kombat in my collection soon, so, again, no rush to buy S:TS. Thanks for the replies.

The new vHBL(Vita homebrew loader) compatible game is Super Collapse 3. Its in US, UK, Canada, Mexico, Finland, Czech, Sweden, and Poland PSN and costs $10. Now if this is not allowed here, please remove this post but I assure the mods that this is specificly for home brew on Vita. You can research this thing if you want. This will not allow piracy at all. Heck, not all homebrew runs just a limited amount unlike a PSP.

This will work on OFW 1.67(current) and will most likely be pulled off psn (Super Collapse 3). So if interested you should buy it but realize that once a new firmware update is up and you update the system, the hack doesn't work any more. Which I believe will be shortly. So if you don't like that or can't live without PSN ,don't even do this as its a waste of money I suppose. (Game itself is pretty crap IMO)

The files aren't release yet but just a heads up on the game that compatible with the hack on our vitas before its pulled.

was going to post this too...i picked up this game and want to play homebrew (emulators)...also there is nothing really coming out on psn that i will be updating for...so for 9.99 this is worth it to me...

androvsky

I'd love to see their efforts put towards getting more PS Suite applications put together.

Is this real? No Heroes Allowed! for PS VITA? or is it an app? Or someone's sick joke?
I believe it's a calendar/scheduling app. I think it's already out in Japan.

RoylAsult

Just bought Disgaea, oh boy lol. i will play it later tonight, i usually love SRPG o im hoping for the best.

only other SRPG i have played are advance wars and shadow wars. This seems more complex and in depth so im hoping im able to pick up on it

Has there been anymore word on when PS1 games will be playable? I've haven't kept up beyond that tweet from Yoshida saying "soon". Really, really would love to play some PS1 classics on that OLED screen.

Couldn't find the HSG thread, so I'll ask here. Has anyone had issues getting ad hoc to work? My friend and I were trying for like half an hour to play some HSG with our systems right next to each other and couldn't find each other.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Yoshida responded to my tweet about ps1 games, sadly, no dates or anything...
Uq0js.jpg

M.W.

I've been playing, outside of Rayman, a ton of Gladiator Begins this eve. What a game! A stylish rough diamond. Perfect way to tide sword and sandal fans over until the next season of Spartacus.

Wow, this game looks great. $10 too. Might pick this up soon.

Just bought Disgaea, oh boy lol. i will play it later tonight, i usually love SRPG o im hoping for the best.

only other SRPG i have played are advance wars and shadow wars. This seems more complex and in depth so im hoping im able to pick up on it
I was wondering if those games even count as SRPGs. I've never played a SRPG unless you count Advance Wars and Shadow Wars in there. I absolutely love those two games. I'm enjoying Disgaea 3 so far. Everything is a bet overwhelming, though. I'm still confused about some concepts.

Darknight

I bought it when it was $35!!!! Damn that was stupid of me since months later it dropped to $10. Great game and I'm thankful its on PSN. I loved the ps2 version. Really appreciate those devs for putting this niche game up there since it runs on Vita too :)

RoylAsult

I was wondering if those games even count as SRPGs. I've never played a SRPG unless you count Advance Wars and Shadow Wars in there. I absolutely love those two games. I'm enjoying Disgaea 3 so far. Everything is a bet overwhelming, though. I'm still confused about some concepts.

yeah the game overall does look confusing but i feel like its one of those play for a while and then you will know what to do kind of games. Going to open it up later and give it a whirl.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I love this, on top of the real pain it is to switch regions, upon switching back I find the network is down, and I can't even use my memory card or any games until it comes back.

THE FUTURE IS NOW

I'm not in a rush to buy Socom: TS. I'll wait a bit to see if a price drop does occur. I always assumed the game was terrible because it was developed by Slant Six. I watched a review last night and it looks like my kind of game. Guess I shouldn't have judged it without really looking into it. Anyway, I just bought Disgaea 3 and will have Mortal Kombat in my collection soon, so, again, no rush to buy S:TS. Thanks for the replies.

It's easy to dismiss Slant Six when you look solely at their console work, but they did great things on the PSP. Both this and Fireteam Bravo 3 are excellent, and I do believe they worked in conjunction with Bend to create the engines and tech for the Syphon Filter games.

Lesiroth

So the 32GB memory card is a terrible buy, right? I just got gifted a PS Vita, but there's no memory card with it so it's pretty much useless. Should I just get the 16GB? Any more and it's getting too overpriced.

Also, any essential accessories/must-buy games? Thanks.

Koroviev

So the 32GB memory card is a terrible buy, right? I just got gifted a PS Vita, but there's no memory card with it so it's pretty much useless. Should I just get the 16GB? Any more and it's getting too overpriced.

I bought a 16 GB. I can't justify spending any more than $50 on a memory card.

It depends on if you really need to fill your card with all sorts of games, or if you don't mind having a select few on your machine and downloading/replacing when you need to switch it up. I'm not against being a digital portable pack rat, but my 8GB card has...

- Unit 13
- WipEout 2048
- Rayman Origins
- Super Stardust
- Badman 2
- Yggdra Union
- Gladiator Begins
- Mutant Blobs
- Motorstorm RC

...on it, and I feel fine. We don't all have to be DCharlie (as much as we want to).

Desty

Banned
So I downloaded Castlevania Chronicles and now I can use my Vita to emulate a PSP to play the PS1 Castlevania Symphony of the Night. Emulator hat trick?

anddo0

How is BlazBlue?Would it be for fun for a fighting noob to pick up?

BlazBlue is tough to master, but offers an excellent tutorial and training mode. It's fun once you get grasp for the basic controls... Marvel Vs Capcom is more noob friendly, probably more fun out the box. But BlazeBlue is a much deeper game.

It's pretty awesome. There's a GAF thread on it, and once you turn off the easy combo option, it's got a deep fighting/brawling system underneath. Sure, you can spam away, but once you start assigning and mastering specials in conjunction with different weaponry and armours, refining weaponry, etc., it really opens up.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Is it just me or is Netflix not working again? I enjoyed watching it on my Vita but this is the second time in the last month that it's been down for at least a few days in a row. Time to re-cancel my sub lol.

ReaperXL7

i'm actually alittle pissed off at the moment. I thought that I had a good idea with my blu-rays, because whenever I buy them I have never bothered to use the digital copies that come with most of them. So I thought maybe I could transfer them to my Vita as the digital copies say that you can tranfer them to your devices, however it does not seem like the digital copy program picks up on the Vita even when connected to my PC, and I can't just transfer it from my PC to my Vita like I can with my music. Kind of a bummer, as I wanted to put Immortals, and a couple of other flicks on my Vita without rebuying them from the store.

I suppose it's not a huge deal, because most movies are pretty cheap on PSN, still would have been nice though.

i'm actually alittle pissed off at the moment. I thought that I had a good idea with my blu-rays, because whenever I buy them I have never bothered to use the digital copies that come with most of them. So I thought maybe I could transfer them to my Vita as the digital copies say that you can tranfer them to your devices, however it does not seem like the digital copy program picks up on the Vita even when connected to my PC, and I can't just transfer it from my PC to my Vita like I can with my music. Kind of a bummer, as I wanted to put Immortals, and a couple of other flicks on my Vita without rebuying them from the store.

I suppose it's not a huge deal, because most movies are pretty cheap on PSN, still would have been nice though.

Don't you have to put the videos in the video library that your Vita uses??

SteeloDMZ

Banned
Is it just me or is Netflix not working again? I enjoyed watching it on my Vita but this is the second time in the last month that it's been down for at least a few days in a row. Time to re-cancel my sub lol.

Shit's buggy. You have to retry (sometimes more than 5 times) to get it working.

kuroshiki

Uh. It should work. How are you transferring files?

ReaperXL7

Uh. It should work. How are you transferring files?

Well maybe i'm not doing it right, however what I tried was doing the same thing that I did with my music. For music all I have to do is connect my Vita to my PC, then my Vita can take Music files from the music folder in my documents. I tried doing the same thing with the video, but when I go through the video section under the content manager on vita nothing shows up to transfer despite having my videos set up the same way I have my music.

Is there a special way to transfer Video? I assumed it was some kind of DRM in place in the digital copy, hoping i'm wrong.

warning: do not check out the japanese demo of ragnarok odyssey. you are better off not knowing what you're missing. i know i was :( ...

game really needs to get localized. yesterday. would've made for an amazing launch game...

dallow_bg

nods at old men
warning: do not check out the japanese demo of ragnarok odyssey. you are better off not knowing what you're missing. i know i was :( ...

game really needs to get localized. yesterday. would've made for an amazing launch game...

Yeah, I played it.
Imagine it with the online patch that was added.

:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom