• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sid

I just don't see the point of playing a full port of BL2 on Vita a year or likely more from now. It could be fun but at that point the game will be discarded by a lot of people or they'll just breeze through it on autopilot because they've played it who knows how many times.

An Uncharted: GA or Assassin's Creed Liberation type of game would be great though.
Agreed,if it's going to release late it better be a spinoff and not a port,ports are good at times but not all the time.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
I like Vitabros and Vitamuffins. But I haven't been following this conversation at all...

Both make me kind of hungry, actually. Some kind of Vitaman breakfast food.

Famassu

I completely agree. It's infuriating with how quiet they are regarding these things. JUST SAY SOMETHING. They wouldn't even confirm if they were still working on Versus FFS just because they're scared of journalists misquoting them or something.

The least they can do is just say "We're still working on it." or "We scrapped it." Being left in the dark as a fan, is the worst thing ever. The fact that they showed the logo and played the music got me so hyped for a HD port but then ... nothing.

I have twitter, I'll tweet a pretty angry one at Kojima-san. Square though.. I've pretty much given up on those idiots. "Hey Square, where is Type-O and Versus?" "Oh you guys want those? Sorry here's XIII-3, with four times the Lightning!"
They've talked about Versus, like, within the last month or so. I don't understand how many times do they need to confirm it to make you people happy. Granted, I hate it that they've put everyone to work on FFXIV 2.0, but meh, things are as they are. Versus is still being worked on and that's all that matters at the moment.

I love the Vita, but it needs the killer software. LittleBigPlanet is definitely a start. But Vita needs something big. Games like Soul Sacrifice and Gravity rush are great hopefully they become big IP's, but the Vita just needs that big IP. Meanwhile 3DS is just getting all the big IP's, it already got NMB2, Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart, Kingdom Hearts and Resident Evil. It's getting Ace Attorney 5, Layton 6, the versus game, Monster Hunter, Shin Megami Tensei 4 and even a new JRPG by Square Enix, Bravely Defualt. What Vita needs is the big IP's to give it that push, and it shouldn't be a port, where is Monster Hunter, Kingdom Hearts, Final fantasy, Gran Turismo and GTA. LittleBigPlanet and Assassins Creed (if that turns out good) are a good start, COD had potential but they had to ruin that.
Shin Megami Tensei, Ace Attorney 5 and Bravely Default are hardly what I would call BIG games. Stuff like Uncharted, Wipeout, Hot Shots Golf, Metal Gear Solid, Assassin's Creed and Gravity Rush are definitely bigger than those and, hey, what do you know, Vita has games from all of those franchises.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
Uncharted, Wipeout 2048, and Hot Shots Golf came in. I'll likely sell the last two, but it's nice to have so many new Vita games.

Out of all sports games, golf and baseball are my least liked, and Sony makes exclusive games in those genres. I want a tennis or football game from Sony in a funny style, it shouldn't take itself serious.

Kazerei

Banned
HSG Vita was my very first HSG experience. I was terrible at first, but after playing for several months, I'm finally competent at it. HSG is a deep, hardcore, skill-based game. You're gonna hate losing for awhile, but if you stick with it, it's very rewarding. HSG is by far my most-played Vita game.

Glix

HSG Vita was my very first HSG experience. I was terrible at first, but after playing for several months, I'm finally competent at it. HSG is a deep, hardcore, skill-based game. You're gonna hate losing for awhile, but if you stick with it, it's very rewarding. HSG is by far my most-played Vita game.

It's REALLY rewarding. A spectacular game.

Hell yeah, I'm 4148th on Treasure Park worlxwide
with 70 coins. :(

EDIT: Dammit, why do PsOne Classics have to be $6 instead of $5? Just rebought Ys: The Oath in Felghana and I'm stck at an even $5 and want to get MediEvil.

brentech

Heading out of town for a week starting tomorrow, plan to play much Zen Pinball at the airport and on the plane.
Last year I hit a scummy airport that charged for plug-in stations. Hopefully that won't be an issue this trip.

zroid

Banned
I was wondering that as well. I can only think of no folders. The rest of the problems I have with it is more with problems on the PS3 side.

Well, I'm sure I can come up with 20 or so. But 99 would impress me!

Here's a couple:

1. Near is a confusing mess that few people want to use even when they understand how it works
2. SCEA

subtles

Anyone know when LittleBigPlanet will be up on the US PS store? Also, about the "1 week only" costumes, is it a week from when they are up on the store or a week from the release date? (Assuming the digital title is put up before the supposed release date)

olimpia84

Pulled the trigger and that Walmart Vita sale and got Uncharted, HotShots and Little Deviants. I was sort of forced to pick Deviants since they selection was crappy but I might try to sell for whatever I can on ebay and put that money towards LBP :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom