• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita US Launch Details (Launch Games, Accessory Pricing)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carl

Think after much "oo"ing and "umm"ing i have nailed down what i want. Maybe. This will probably change again soon. I am shit at decisions.

PSVita Wifi + Rayman Origins + 8GB memory card bundle (with preorder pack) £264.99

PSVita Starter kit £17.99

Wipeout 2048 £29.99

Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus £26.19

Uncharted: Golden Abyss £30.40 (snagged it while Amazon had it priced low)

16GB memory card £39.99

Plus about £30 in PSN vouchers for Escape Plan, Stardust etc

That all comes to £439.55. Parents are paying for the console as an early birthday present and i got a bit of money/vouchers for christmas so shouldn't be too much. Thank fuck, because i don't have much ;) will have even less after 22nd of next month

Didn't Sony learn from the disaster of the PSPGO that offering titles on PSN for the same price as the physical copy leads to customers saying: fuck off Sony

metalshade

What did she tihnk of it? or is she not interested in games at all?

After seeing that booth I might have to have a mosey on down to my nearest Game. I think I'm least likely to get stabbed at the one in Crawley. Might take the SLR to see if they let me take any pics.

EDIT: Mind if I nab a copy of that image for another forum?
She is not a gamer at all, but she will sometimes watch me playing mass effect or similar and comment on my choices, and she has shown interest in the Vita, and even said that she wants to have a proper go when I get mine delivered.
The booth is pretty good, the cable is a little obtrusive, but managable, I couldnt use the managers untethered Vita cos he accidently left it on standby all night and it was out of charge.
Yeah you can use the pics if you really want, not really bothered.

Carl

Why do you buy 2 memory cards ?

Because 8GB wouldn't be enough for all of the games i would want on it, lol. And there's no point buying wifi console + Rayman separate as it comes to the same price, so may as well get them bundled with a free 8GB memory card.

Alright, I finally finalized an order.

Playstation Vita 3G/Wi-Fi Launch Bundle : $299.99
wipEout 2048 : $29.99
Playstation Vita Travel Pouch : $19.99

Release date shipping : $2.97 (Amazing surprise for me)
AmEx Reward Points : -$228.41

Grand Total : $124.53

To make a long story short, thank goodness for AmEx reward points and Amazon release date delivery!

I see.

What the shit is wrong with Ubi charging $39 for Rayman?!

2zLXB.png

So good!

Goddamnit I had convinced myself that Rayman was *worth* $40 even though it was cheaper everywhere else. But seeing all those prices next to each other is making me feel like a rube. I may change that preorder over to shinbido, as I love tenchu and would love to vote with my wallet for more games like this.

Hrrrmmm.

I have a feeling that's going to be true with most of the releases. In fact I'm banking on it. At worst we get a bunch of buy 2 get 1 free sales like when the 3DS launched and bombed.
I think there is a good possibility of something like this happening. The main reason why I'm only picking up Wipeout at launch is because it's relatively cheap and I imagine most of the other launch games I'm interested in will drop in price quickly.

I think there is a good possibility of something like this happening. The main reason why I'm only picking up Wipeout at launch is because it's relatively cheap and I imagine most of the other launch games I'm interested in will drop in price quickly.

I'm just going to play Wipeout, Uncharted and Street Fighter/Tekken, with the rest being demos and PSN titles until I see price drops in the other overpriced games.

BadWolf

This is why I am having trouble with the idea of going download only: the digital games are going to start out $5 cheaper, then end up $20 more expensive after a couple of months..

That and you can't get some of your money back by selling it if you are done with it.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
This is why I am having trouble with the idea of going download only: the digital games are going to start out $5 cheaper, then end up $20 more expensive after a couple of months..

This is precisely why I think it's insane to try to go all-digital. Only a handful of publishers actually drop prices on PSN, I won't be surprised if we have Vita launch games on PSN for $40 when the Vita's successor is being released.

Deadstar

Anyone know if the case that comes with the starter kit zips up so it closes completely? I've seen another case floating around that is open on the sides and I want to make sure this isn't that case.

theBishop

Banned
Didn't Sony learn from the disaster of the PSPGO that offering titles on PSN for the same price as the physical copy leads to customers saying: fuck off Sony

I don't understand this question. PSP Go was digital-only. Vita has digital and physical.

And virtually all digital distribution services sell new titles at the same price as retail. Including this one:

steam_logo.png

I don't hear many people saying "fuck off Valve"

Zoibie

Think after much "oo"ing and "umm"ing i have nailed down what i want. Maybe. This will probably change again soon. I am shit at decisions.

PSVita Wifi + Rayman Origins + 8GB memory card bundle (with preorder pack) £264.99

PSVita Starter kit £17.99

Wipeout 2048 £29.99

Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus £26.19

Uncharted: Golden Abyss £30.40 (snagged it while Amazon had it priced low)

16GB memory card £39.99

Plus about £30 in PSN vouchers for Escape Plan, Stardust etc

That all comes to £439.55. Parents are paying for the console as an early birthday present and i got a bit of money/vouchers for christmas so shouldn't be too much. Thank fuck, because i don't have much ;) will have even less after 22nd of next month

Just make sure you pick express delivery if you want it at launch.

Luigi87

I don't know how I wrong threaded this

But on the subject of on-topicness...

Vita Wifi
Hori Elite Bundle
UMvC3

I think I'm settled.
...Unless Gravity Rush gets a March release in NA...

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I'm kinda surprised Lumines is $40. I mean compare that to HSG, which probably has 100+ hours of content. Too bad for me it's one of my favorite games.

legbone

Anyone know if the case that comes with the starter kit zips up so it closes completely? I've seen another case floating around that is open on the sides and I want to make sure this isn't that case.

i don't think it zips but it does completely cover the vita from what i understand. it's kind of like a pouch. it is not like the one that is open on the sides that came with the japanese bundle.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member

That one doesn't appear to zip at all. It's more like the PSP sleeve, but with a flap so the Vita is completely covered.

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.
Anybody else think the post-launch sales in Japan would have been A LOT better if PSVita had launched with something like this available day-one?

I wrote an article about it on Bitmob.

This PSP game backwards compatibility model is just so frustrating to me, I had to create an entire alternate universe in protest.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
I honestly don't care about systems having BC. The main reason I upgrade is for new games.

It's nice when it works well, but I don't get rid of my old systems anyway.

I'm kinda surprised Lumines is $40. I mean compare that to HSG, which probably has 100+ hours of content. Too bad for me it's one of my favorite games.

I've played Lumines nearly every day since it was released. Far more than 100 hours. But I still agree that 40 is steep, because I acknowledge that most people probably wont get the value out of it that I will.

Turns out the GameStop right down the street from my campus has one of the kiosks!

Gravity Rush, Escape Plan, WipEout, FIFA, Virtua Tennis... I'm gonna be here a while.

I've played Lumines nearly every day since it was released. Far more than 100 hours. But I still agree that 40 is steep, because I acknowledge that most people probably wont get the value out of it that I will.

It is a similar situation when trying to sell Tetris. Lumines is great, but it is already out on multiple systems. Unless there is something substantional new (which most people, including myself, are not aware) it is hard to sell by full price.

If it was $ 20 I would pick it up. In fact, I will wait until it is US$ 20.

BadWolf

BC is a non issue for me as well, I only move on to new systems after I'm pretty much completely done with the previous one. So the few games I that I have which I have yet to finish on the PSP, as well as those few good ones incoming, means I won't be jumping ship to the next gen portables just yet.

BC is a non issue for me as well, I only move on to new systems after I'm pretty much completely done with the previous one. So the few games I that I have which I have yet to finish on the PSP, as well as those few good ones incoming, means I won't be jumping ship to the next gen portables just yet.

Yep. I want to sell my Darth Vader-esque PSP. Don't think I'll get any for trading it in.

Slaylock

I'd planned on getting the WiFi model with an 8GB card, but I'm considering the launch bundle since it's essentially only $20 more.

A few questions:

Is there any advantage to the 3G model if I don't plan to pay for a 3G subscription?

Does the GPS work without the subscription?

What does the DataConnect Session Pass provide?

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
The main reason I'd like BC or the UMD->Digital program is because I'll probably end up having to replace my PSP before too long. I'd rather spend that money getting discounted digital copies of games for Vita (or preferably just have straight, free BC, but that's not possible) than buy a new PSP... but it is what it is.

cyborg009

Banned
So guys I play the PS Vita for first time at Gamestop near my College and I was simply amazed. Gravity rush, Uncharted , and Wipeout looked so good, tho I didn't have chance to play escape plan or virtua tennis

Also the button are pretty small...

It is a similar situation when trying to sell Tetris. Lumines is great, but it is already out on multiple systems. Unless there is something substantional new (which most people, including myself, are not aware) it is hard to sell by full price.

If it was $ 20 I would pick it up. In fact, I will wait until it is US$ 20.

43 new songs, new game mechanics, new skins, which I admit for a casual player is probably not worth 40. As an uber fan I'm all over it like Oprah on a baked ham. Hard to compare it to the PSN and XBLA games that can be easily had for half the price and come with 90+ songs/skins(when you total the expansion packs).

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
43 new songs, new game mechanics, new skins, which I admit for a casual player is probably not worth 40. As an uber fan I'm all over it like Oprah on a baked ham. Hard to compare it to the PSN and XBLA games that can be easily had for half the price and come with 90+ songs/skins(when you total the expansion packs).

Yeah I'm pretty stoked about the new features actually. Hope that we can have a decent GAF community.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom