• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS2 JRPG Kowloon Highschool Chronicle Finally Heading West (Switch)

Bullet Club

Kowloon Highschool Chronicle Finally Heading West​

Publisher Arc System Works has announced that adventure RPG Kowloon Highschool Chronicle is heading to North America and Europe on Nintendo Switch on February 4, 2021. The game is a remaster of the PlayStation 2 title Kowloon Youma Gakuen Ki, which was released only in Japan in 2004. The remaster is developed by Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters developer Toybox Inc. and launched in Japan last year. Kowloon Highschool Chronicle will be available digitally, priced at $29.99.

Kowloon Highschool Chronicle sees players controlling a transfer student at Kamiyoshi Academy in Shinjuku, Tokyo. Though acting as a normal student, he is a treasure hunter on a mission to uncover a ruin beneath the school. Players build relationships with the new friends who accompany him while trying to avoid traps, monsters called “Kehito”, and the student council. The game features first-person dungeon exploration as well as a distinctive conversation system. English screenshots and gameplay can be viewed below.

Jt4qChW.jpg

FGnDTdh.jpg

Source: RPGamer

Rikku-X

There was another game set it Kowloon on the ps1 I think, does anyone know the name? I always wanted to play after playing shenmue 2.

Last edited:

demonstr8

There are probably a dozen brilliant PS2 JRPGs that people need to experience that they haven't played at any time and this is not one of them.

protonion

I saw today the physical PS4 edition and bought it.
It is probably the most obscure game I own.
The genre mix sounded interesting and I wanted to try an until now "forbidden" game that not even a guide is available for it.

After two hours, I can recommend the game if the combination of a visual novel and a grid based dungeon crawler with turn based combat and lots of puzzles sounds like something you would enjoy.

The game has a lot of soul and is fun to play.
You only need a while to adjust to the somewhat archaic controls.

Last edited:

Y0ssarian

Banned
Is this game actually good or does it have some weird status of being "one that got away" so we're into it

Last edited:

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Is this game actually good or does it have some weird status of being "one that got away" so we're into it

Its legit good. Not amazing or great, but a „swimming in 7s“ kind of game. Honestly surprised by the large amount of trolls in this thread who clearly have no interest in these games.

Reactions: Isa
Top Bottom